KCrim FF 2022

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: KCrim FF 2022

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Sorry I missed the draft. Kids practice.

But I kinda like my team.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

You never know until they play the games but I hate my team and I predict I'm a seller by week 5.
Stay tuned.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Yahoo gave me a C for my draft grade but I like my team for the most part, except for my internet connection dropping for the last 2 rounds. Oh well, that was just defense and kicker at that point. But we'll see how it plays out.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

C Patterson for a trade. I had him last year on a team and I like to change things up with players.

Any offers?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

UnholyLivingDead

Are you looking to get a running back in return? I've got a couple on my bench, I'd swap one for Patterson. Got Henderson for the Rams or Singletary from the Bills that look to be about in the same tier as Patterson if you're interested.
Last edited by UnholyLivingDead on Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

JUNK sniped Mahomes with the pick right before mine.
So then after he was gone, I just waited it out.
Russ should be fine.
UnholyLivingDead

QB can be kind of a crapshoot, there's really a dozen or so that you can win a fantasy league with. In the other league I play in we give the full 6 points for a passing TD so QBs are way more valuable there, they usually go in rounds 2-4.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's also tough in leagues where you know there are Chiefs fans to get Chiefs because they get picked earlier than normal. I was gonna reach for Mahomes in this one after I saw he was around in round 3.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 9:54 am JUNK sniped Mahomes with the pick right before mine.
So then after he was gone, I just waited it out.
Russ should be fine.
I grabbed Jackson earlier than I meant to. Was trying to make dinner (fried shrimp po boys) and do the draft at the same time. Sort of lost track what had happened and didn't realize I probably could have waited another round and still gotten a top 5 QB. Oops.
UnholyLivingDead

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:05 am It's also tough in leagues where you know there are Chiefs fans to get Chiefs because they get picked earlier than normal. I was gonna reach for Mahomes in this one after I saw he was around in round 3.
That's a good point. I try to put my Chiefs fandom aside and usually very rarely end up with any KC players on my roster. I have been targeting guys like Justin Herbert and Kyler Murray this year for the added value of their running stats. Josh Allen provides the same but I'm not willing to be the first one to pick a QB which is what you have to do in order to get him.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

In round 7 I saw 5 QBs I liked and 6 people ( including me ) without QBs.
When Chesty went WR right before me, I knew I could get one of them in the 8th before his turn came back 'round again so I went RB.

And I probably shoulda gotten Kelce in round 2 but I also saw Mark Andrews was likely still gonna be there when my turn came back around so I passed.
UnholyLivingDead

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:12 am In round 7 I saw 5 QBs I liked and 6 people ( including me ) without QBs.
When Chesty went WR right before me, I knew I could get one of them in the 8th before his turn came back 'round again so I went RB.

And I probably shoulda gotten Kelce in round 2 but I also saw Mark Andrews was likely still gonna be there when my turn came back around so I passed.
I think that's where being in a league with Chiefs fans benefitted you. Don't get me wrong, I love Kelce and all, but Andrews will probably wind up the #1 TE in fantasy this year so you got the better pick. I think this year with KC focusing on loading up with big targets for the red zone, those plays get spread around more rather than focused just on Kelce so that hurts his value just a little bit.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I actually think Kelce ends up a better TE b/c he's our best receiver now with Hill gone BUT I don't think the gap was enough between him and Andrews for me to loose out on a possible top 8 RB in Aaron Jones ( i would have had to decide to reach on Fournette/Javonte Williams ).

The BUD has Kelce so i tend to not redraft a lot of guys that I have on other teams.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Also, 99's team is pretty damn good and was autodrafted.
UnholyLivingDead

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:26 am Also, 99's team is pretty damn good and was autodrafted.
Yeah I looked this morning and thought damn that's probably the best roster. Maybe we all messed up and should have just autodrafted, haha.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 10:26 am Also, 99's team is pretty damn good and was autodrafted.
Not going to lie. This was the first time I’ve ever missed a draft. I don’t mind the CPU going with 2 defenses. Pick a matchup and go from there. Not a bad strategy by them.

Me and Unholy did a deal. Fair trade I think. RB1 for an RB1. My RB in more potent but likes to throw. His RB in a lesser offense but they’ll throw way less and he’ll get plenty of touches.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

99s 3 RBs are absolute monsters. With Adams too!? Whew.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hurts could also be a top 3 QB.
His team is good.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Ha, I completely forgot about the draft. I really only pay attention to the Chiefs, so I have no idea who most of these goomers are.

Do I need to pick starters or something?
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Definitely follow this as the year goes on :

viewtopic.php?p=285373#p285373

Always look for letters by your players names on your app ( Q, D, O ) - this means they might be out - and also look to see the projected score to the right side of each player - if it's zero, you need to sub them out.

You play Ousdahl week 1.
It looks like none of your guys have injury designations so you're good to go.