RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Social media pages worth following

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:24 am
ousdahl wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:21 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:16 am

Bingo.
yea, "driving hatred, division and stereotypes" is def among the criticisms of religion.

Have either of you even visited the page in question?
Live and let live.

I am not religious. I am not bothered by people who are. I have never once in my entire life had a religious person try to force their religious beliefs on me.

You're obsessed because of your own negative experiences it seems. Let it go. Move on with your life.
You're lucky.
If I want to get petty, technical, and bring in semantics, I have had at least 500 experiences of people trying to "force" their religious beliefs on me - in person.
Everything from anti abortion people, to the Chabads constantly asking me if I am Jewish, to politicians telling me we need prayer in school, to the guy that stands on Michigan Avenue with the sandwich board sign and bull horn telling me and others we are going to hell if we don't accept Jesus, to Hare Krishnas in airports in the 70s, to my Rabbi, to, etc., etc., etc.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

onlyfans/DCHawk1
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

did you sub?

he hasn't even posted any full frontals yet. It's just him prancing around with those damn socks.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Moistbuddha is pretty good.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Chip Thomas is good people.

https://jetsonorama.net
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

shindig

Post by shindig »

I only follow a few group pages on FB.

Honda Hoarders (good source for Honda trikes and help diagnosing issues)
Triumph Motorcycles (same as Honda Hoarders)
Chiefs/Royals
Waldo/Brookside

And a few others, can’t remember and too lazy to look up.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Oh!

Did I share this page here yet?

It’s this dood in Montana who runs a team of hounds to catch cats. Sometimes it’s hunting content, but it’s usually just documenting the tracking and the dogs and how they work to tree cougars and bobcats.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cnj9wtuL ... I4MTIyMDE=
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

wait, nm, that page might be private now.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

is his name Rich?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Tyler

The pager is “huntsoloty”
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ah, I know a Rich and another guy, Josh that run dogs in Montana to chase big cats. Some of the communities use them when cats are seen near town or near schools etc. They don't typically kill the animals (sometimes its necessary) they just run them with their dogs out of the territory.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea, I'm not necessarily a fan of hunting (killing) the animals, as long as they're not bothering anything, at least.

but just seeing how to track the critters, and how the dogs work, is all pretty cool to me.

IIRC, don't many hound teams often have a couple different breeds that are good at different things? Like certain hounds are good at picking up an older trail scent, and certain are better and distinguishing which scents are fresher, so you work those two to their strengths in tandem.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I dont know all the particulars. But the only guys I know that do it only run one type of dog. Multiple dogs, but only 1 breed.

They run a combination of older dogs and younger dogs. The old dogs teach the young dogs more than they do about what they need to do. They have different barks and howls to indicate different pick ups etc.

I know a guy that breeds high end walkers. He's getting somewhere between $16-30k per pup.

Different application....but last spring I wandered into a livestock auction that was showing working dogs. A heeler there went for $42k....crazy.

The guy that bought it said....I can pay $40k for a dog.....spend way less on food and lodging and have it for 10 years and get at least 1 man's work out it, probably closer to 2.......or....I can pay $40k per cowboy and spend a helluva lot more on food and lodging (usually paid for by the rancher on outpost operations).
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

crazy. I wonder how many folks dropping that kind of dime on dogs are actual ranchers looking for working dogs, versus yuppies who just think the dogs are cute?

At least one friend got a heeler/aussie mix from a ranch cuz of just that - it's a handsome critter!

but, as they soon found out, it doesn't make for the best house pet.

the biggest red flag was the dog's father had to be constantly kenneled whenever not working, cuz it was such an asshole generally. But it turns out an asshole cattle dog makes for a good working cattle dog, apparently...but again, not the best house pet.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and I think I've shared this story here, but when I was young, I went rabbit hunting with my redneck uncle and his even redneckier friends.

The friends had 10 beagles, 6 of which were pups.

I had never really been around firearms much til then and was admittedly gun shy, so when they shoved a 12 gauge into my hands, my naive self asked something like, "hey do you guys mind giving me a quick rundown of what we're doing here?"

all I got was a "you can shoot a human if you gotta, but whatever you do, just don't shoot onea them dogs."*

but the most enjoyable part by far was watching/hearing the dogs work. They run through the woods yelping frantically, then the second they get on a scent, the yelping switches to this determined baying, at which point the hunters try to get ahead of the direction it sounds like they're going, so as to intercept the path of the rabbit.

And, holy shit, when you're all amped up listening to the baying coming your way, it really does take effort to distinguish between a bunny rabbit or a little beagle pup coming flying out from the bushes. My gun shy self let at least one rabbit run right in front of me, cuz I was in overly cautious don't-shoot-a-dog mode.

...then, of course, that evening we made delicious crock pot rabbit stew, no WiFi required.

*and, coincidentally, on one of the subsequent trips, another hunter indeed got shot.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I dont think many non ranchers are spending 40k on a heeler.

Heelers arent exactly the "cute" fluffy fancy dogs a lot ofnthise people want. They can be great pets. But they are bred to work, and are generally very much a 1 person dog. Thats their person.....thats it. 1 not a family, not multiple people. Just that 1 right there.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lotta truth there

but, much of that can be softened with proper socialization

our two are definitely OURS, meaning they generally listen to both of us equally, and are equally affectionate to both of us

that said, my dog sleeps next to me and my wife’s sleeps next to her lol
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

My best friend accidentally shot me while we were rabbit hunting when we were 12.

He shot at a rabbit with a .22, missed and it ricocheted off a rock and hit me in the shin.

1 of 2 bullet wounds in this old guy.