Keto

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Keto

Post by ousdahl »

anyone done this diet, or similar?

Think imma cut carbs out, at least for dinner.

what's some good keto meals and snacks?
Cascadia

Re: Keto

Post by Cascadia »

I’ve done keto, it’s alright. Just get a ~$20 book from Amazon, it will help a ton.

Don’t freak out when your piss smells funny.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

shindig

Post by shindig »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:07 pm anyone done this diet, or similar?

Just cut out the McDonald’s fries every day…lol. There are good carbs and bad carbs. Add more fruit to your diet, grille or bake chicken, and include a salad with fresh veggies and kick sodas.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
shindig

Post by shindig »

TDub wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:43 pm https://youtu.be/zyugNYcgRjQ
Fvck, I absolutely hate gangsta rap. Can’t believe you even know that shit. It’s the one industry music (if you want to call it music), that glorifies violence. Nothing funnier than a white guy driving while thumping that crap. And this guy sucks, never heard of him.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

shindig wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:24 pm
Fvck, I absolutely hate gangsta rap. Can’t believe you even know that shit. It’s the one industry music (if you want to call it music), that glorifies violence. Nothing funnier than a white guy driving while thumping that crap. And this guy sucks, never heard of him.
I grew up on old school rap, blues, classic rock and country. Still like a lot of it. Listen to mainly country and folk now but still like the older rap. The new shitnis absolutely terrible.

I'd say there's a lot of music that glorifies violence and drug/booze abuse. Id also say that if youre (not you specifically, the generic you) easily influenced by the songs that you listen to then....I cant help ya
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

It’s TrumperDub’s avenue to use the n word.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

you're a really weird and sad dude.
Just Ledoux it
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I’m actually really happy, you’re the one losing your shit over student loan debt forgiveness and talking about shitting on peoples chests in the basketball board. Might try therapy?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

yep you seem happy, I dont know what I was thinking.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
shindig

Post by shindig »

TDub wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:30 pm
shindig wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:24 pm
I grew up on old school rap, blues, classic rock and country. Still like a lot of it. Listen to mainly country and folk now but still like the older rap. The new shitnis absolutely terrible.

I'd say there's a lot of music that glorifies violence and drug/booze abuse. Id also say that if youre (not you specifically, the generic you) easily influenced by the songs that you listen to then....I cant help ya
Just given you shit. I like old school rap like Dr. Dre (the chronic) and some Snoop Dog every now and then. I just despise most hip hop music of the last 20 years or so. But give me Sturgill Simpson, Chris Stapleton, Turnpike Troubadours, etc, I’m cool. Throw in some Wilco and Son Volt, I’d be in Heaven ;)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The Chronic might be the best album of the 90's

that's saying something.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

shindig wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:23 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:07 pm anyone done this diet, or similar?

Just cut out the McDonald’s fries every day…lol. There are good carbs and bad carbs. Add more fruit to your diet, grille or bake chicken, and include a salad with fresh veggies and kick sodas.
thanks man. Not necessarily McDonalds, but yea I eat more fries and bar food than I should...damn good wings at the Crooked Creek Saloon. Being summer, and the first summer with no fire ban in years, I've enjoyed waaay too many campfire hot dogs and coorses. Good for the soul, but bad for the waistline.

I haven't had a soda in years, and hardly any sweets.

For dinner tonight I had baked chicken and Brussels sprouts. Pretty solid. Threw some balsamic on the sprouts, and a little Night Of The Living sauce to give the chicken a kick.

Another big part of my prob has been working a desk job. Worst thing ever for a human body, especially my back. I been going on a good hard bike ride every evening tho. Stretching and pushups and situps too.

Ok ok, fine, thing is, this yogi babe in incredibly good shape wants me to get into "acro yoga" with her, which she apparently describes as couples yoga, and expects me to lift her and move her and hold her all these different ways...you know, because yoga.

She's a petite little thing, but with good wingspan tho. I figure I'm strong enough to already do it, but at least wanna get in shape to feel and look better about it while I do. Don't wanna be the looser with the beer gut at the yoga studio.
Last edited by ousdahl on Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:51 pm The Chronic might be the best album of the 90's

that's saying something.
Not even close
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

TDub wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:24 pm yep you seem happy, I dont know what I was thinking.
Yeah, sorry man, my life is great. Sorry yours sucks in bumfuck Oregon. Should have made better choices in life.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:21 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:51 pm The Chronic might be the best album of the 90's

that's saying something.
Not even close
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3CZi2rlSOg
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

only posting cuz nuts are a good keto snack right?
shindig

Post by shindig »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:24 pm only posting cuz nuts are a good keto snack right?
Lol. Deez nuts. But what you had for dinner was perfect, I love Brussels sprouts, asparagus, cucumbers, squash etc grilled or baked. I mix it up between grilled veggies and salads, usually raw spinach, broccoli, and some grape tomatoes and onion scallion’s. And it’s good you already don’t pound sodas all day.

My lower back gets sore a lot just from doing crap around the house. I need to build my stomach and lower back muscles up and like you, I sit at a desk throughout the day. I try to take breaks and stretch, but I need to build up my lower ab muscles.