It's Game Day, You Loosers

Kansas Football.
NewtonHawk11

Re: It's Game Day, You Loosers

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Still kinda crazy that KU is really playing in a bowl game today. I am thrilled that they got the extra month of practice so that the players returning next year get that many more reps and it's awesome that the older players who stuck with KU after the change to Leipold are getting rewarded for their loyalty. I hope they play well and show out today. Go Jayhawks!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:05 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:23 am Oh, yeah, I forgot.

Bowl or Bust.
Like I told ya, what I said...
Bumping again.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Since last bowl appearance some things off the top of my head.

Like 600 yards rushing given up to Ga Tech
Gill was proud to lead conference in punting
Weis was called "The Best" by Zenger
Weis called the team a pile of crap
Gave up a billion rushing yards to Perine at OU as he set an NCAA record
Hired a WR coach from A&M on a salary of like $700K
Beaty hovered around on a hover board to impress a recruit
Long fired Beaty without cause, didn't pay him and tried to find a "Dead hooker in the closet"
Long hired Les without much of a search
Les didn't know where he almost the entire time in Lawrence
Long had the worst presser of all time when questioned why his hires weren't successful, he replied "In what regard" and Sam Mellinger said "on the field"
Les gets in trouble for sexual allegations when he was at LSU, gets fired. Jeff Long isn't far behind in getting shown the door.

Deep Breath

Travis Goff gets hired at alma mater and is killing it in every way imaginable
Hires Lance freaking Leipold in May of 2021 on the heels of a season that he just finished 6-1 in.
Lance Leipold effectively turns down Nebraska AND Wisconsin to stay at Kansas and gets a nice raise in the process

And the Kansas Football Jayhawks are technically in postseason play for the first time since December 31 of 2008.

14 long year, fellow Hawks. 14 long freaking years.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Beale last night and Memphis this morning is filled with blue. Hardly any Arkansas fans. Hopefully they drive down and show up this afternoon.

What an absolute foolish move by Matt Tait. I suspect and hope the athletic department chewed his ass for that tweet. Think first, then post.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:45 am Since last bowl appearance some things off the top of my head.

Long fired Beaty without cause, didn't pay him and tried to find a "Dead hooker in the closet"
Long had the worst presser of all time when questioned why his hires weren't successful, he replied "In what regard" and Sam Mellinger said "on the field"
Les gets in trouble for sexual allegations when he was at LSU, gets fired. Jeff Long isn't far behind in getting shown the door.

Deep Breath

Hires Lance freaking Leipold in May of 2021 on the heels of a season that he just finished 6-1 in.
Lance Leipold effectively turns down Nebraska AND Wisconsin to stay at Kansas and gets a nice raise in the process

And the Kansas Football Jayhawks are technically in postseason play for the first time since December 31 of 2008.

And I know it predates your list, but the Taco Bell Window sticking reminded me of the GA Waffle House incident on Christmas. Put it all behind us.
Let's roll!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:58 am Beale last night and Memphis this morning is filled with blue. Hardly any Arkansas fans. Hopefully they drive down and show up this afternoon.

What an absolute foolish move by Matt Tait. I suspect and hope the athletic department chewed his ass for that tweet. Think first, then post.
Days before the game too. It was a missing Avocado Toast-level tweet.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I don’t really see what he said. What was it again?

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:03 pm I don’t really see what he said. What was it again?
He said no hotels were honoring their reservations because of water outages. He said he probably couldn't even attend the game.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah not ideal. I've never been a big fan of him. Have listened to podcasts and shows he is on, and man does he like to talk and hear himself talk.

Have always struggled with him. Like his accessbility on twitter and all of that to interact with readers, but still can be too much.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:45 am Since last bowl appearance some things off the top of my head.

Deep Breath

Weis has a cot in his office to take naps. Claims it's a sign of how hard he works.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sparko wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:10 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:03 pm I don’t really see what he said. What was it again?
He said no hotels were honoring their reservations because of water outages. He said he probably couldn't even attend the game.
No. That's not what he said.

https://twitter.com/mctait/status/1607474630683688960

Followed it up less than 2.5 hours later with this,,,,,

https://twitter.com/mctait/status/1607507575385333764
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:50 pm
Sparko wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 12:10 pm
No. That's not what he said.

https://twitter.com/mctait/status/1607474630683688960

Followed it up less than 2.5 hours later with this,,,,,

https://twitter.com/mctait/status/1607507575385333764
I see zero problems with his post if you actually read it. Seems like a personal account of some issues he was dealing with and that's it.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Okay. I read Tait's first tweet as chaos awaits. Maybe don't bother coming. Not everyone is a glass half full guy like Gutter.