BOYCOTT ILLY

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

BOYCOTT ILLY

Post by ousdahl »

You guys.

Let's all just put illy on ignore.

To be honest, he's never really gotten under my skin. More than anything, I always thought he was just too damn childish to actually take seriously.

But if he's gonna repeatedly accusing me of being a bigot, even though he repeatedly fails to provide any examples of as much, and even though I've repeatedly and explicitly condemned bigotry anyway, I'm just fucking tired of it.

Illy, you have done more to chase off good posters, to shit all over every discussion, and to singlehandedly ruin the boreds, than any other poster ever. And now, despite your most juvenile attempts, you finally got under my skin too. Congratulations you miserable piece of shit. You're insufferable.

That's why, for the first and hopefully the only time ever, I'm putting a poster on ignore.

I encourage every other poster here to do the same.
MICHHAWK

Re: BOYCOTT ILLY

Post by MICHHAWK »

if i was ever inclined to "ignore" another user on this forum, it would be you. just so you know.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:08 am
Even Clarence Uncle Tom-as.
You're casually racist and frequently misogynistic.

And LOL at you telling someone else they're too childish to take seriously.

But excited to be on ignore because you bring nothing of value to any discussion I am interested in having.

That's why you're approaching 40. Living in an apartment with another dude. Alone. Unhappy. And in need of sophomoric advice from internet strangers weekly on adulting. Grow up.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

you guys. My message bored experience just got so much better.

btw no one even quote him any more, please, too.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:10 am if i was ever inclined to "ignore" another user on this forum, it would be you. just so you know.
what's stopping you?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

why can't you just do something without making a big show of it? Its like that with everything for you.

Ignore him if you want, no big deal, why the need to put on a big capital letter post and try and rally the board with you. So weird.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

To ignore someone, click their user name, and then on the next page, click "Add foe".
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:14 am why can't you just do something without making a big show of it? Its like that with everything for you.

Ignore him if you want, no big deal, why the need to put on a big capital letter post and try and rally the board with you. So weird.
I'm hardly the first person to take issue with the motherfucker. Plenty of other posters, both publicly and in personal discussions, have expressed how annoying he is, both historically and contemporaneously. (like for real, I've received DMS as recently as this weekend calling to ignore him).

bro I AM doing something.

At the very least, please no one even quote him any more. A big capital letter post is required to at least make that appeal.

And, sorry illy. but you completely, wholly, entirely and explicitly and exclusively and exhaustively, have brought this upon yourself.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:26 am To ignore someone, click their user name, and then on the next page, click "Add foe".
POTD

now doooo eeeeet!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

im not arguing that you should or shouldn't put him on ignore. That had nothing to do with my post.

Just do it without making a grand show and needing some sort of validation from others.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ok.

It's paradoxical, but we had to bring attention to it to stop bringing attention to it.

now please just stop quoting him.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I would actually suggest 10 or so posters put illy on foe and then they wouldn't have to deal with him anymore -- you have the power to eliminate him from the equation.

Very few would respond to him.
No one would quote him.
Easy peasy.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:10 am
ousdahl wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:08 am
Even Clarence Uncle Tom-as.
You're casually racist and frequently misogynistic.

And LOL at you telling someone else they're too childish to take seriously.

But excited to be on ignore because you bring nothing of value to any discussion I am interested in having.

That's why you're approaching 40. Living in an apartment with another dude. Alone. Unhappy. And in need of sophomoric advice from internet strangers weekly on adulting. Grow up.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I got the same DMs asking be to put illy on ignore. I really didn't want to play mean girls here so I ignored it.

I mostly ignore him except when he truly hits a nerve. But I've gotten away from even that lately as it doesn't accomplish anything.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

whoa, 99 ignored the call to ignore. Meta.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and goddamnit I might have to ignore mich now too.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and to clarify, calling Clarence Thomas an Uncle Tom means Clarence Thomas is the bigot, not me

but I guess it's too much to expect illy to actually understand that.
Deleted User 863

LOL

Nothing says childish like a thread about putting someone on ignore, only to click the button and read their posts anyway.

🤡🤡🤡
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:51 am and to clarify, calling Clarence Thomas an Uncle Tom means Clarence Thomas is the bigot, not me

but I guess it's too much to expect illy to actually understand that.
It’s definitely too much to expect. He’s an idiot. Glad you finally put him on ignore. It’s a better experience that way.
Deleted User 863

A white guy calling a black guy an uncle tom is not acceptable in my opinion.