Jalon Daniels

Kansas Football.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Jalon Daniels

Post by pdub »

Seeing all the fans there keeps melting my heart.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Buddy and I just discussing, is Daniels the most talented QB we've ever seen at KU? Reesing surely had talent, but that seemed more heart. This shit is natural:

https://twitter.com/KU_Football/status/ ... 8qSo3xJwXQ
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:27 pm Buddy and I just discussing, is Daniels the most talented QB we've ever seen at KU? Reesing surely had talent, but that seemed more heart. This shit is natural:

https://twitter.com/KU_Football/status/ ... 8qSo3xJwXQ
Maybe. Wouldn’t seem too far off. Just think. He’s still just 19!

Lots of things he can still clean up. But he’s fat and away the best QB in the Big 12 right now.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Jalon has two years of eligibility left after this one, but at some point, he's draft-able.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Reesing had almost 4000 yards passing as a junior.
Daniels is on pace for 2700 ( or 2900 knock on wood ).
I wouldn't categorize Reesing's passing ability as 'more heart'.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

NFL-types love Jalon's quick release and his athleticism.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

InfiniteJ wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:46 pm NFL-types love Jalon's quick release and his athleticism.
Knocks have to be that he's undersized and likes to leave the pocket. That said, he's pretty accurate while scrambling. Arm strength has always been a . . . strength.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:45 pm Reesing had almost 4000 yards passing as a junior.
Daniels is on pace for 2700 ( or 2900 knock on wood ).
I wouldn't categorize Reesing's passing ability as 'more heart'.
Reesing had 495 pass attempts as a junior, an average of a little more than 38 pass attempts per game.

Daniels has averaged a little over 23 pass attempts per game. He has a higher completion percentage, a higher yards per attempt average, a higher passer rating and a better TD/INT ratio than Reesing's junior season. And Daniels has already run for 80 more yards after 4 games than Reesing did in his entire junior season. All of those averages will adjust as we go through conference obviously but Daniels is having a pretty historically special season so far for KU.

"More heart" vs. "more natural" is just what it ends up looking like when you compare white pocket passers to black dual threat QBs.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Oh for sure.
But I don't think you can just say Reesing had more pass attempts so that cancels out his historic season.
You have to complete those pass attempts.
I was more bothered by the 'more heart' comment.

It's four games in.
But i'm rooting for Daniels to have an even better season than Reesing because that means we end up a top 25 team.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Talent and results are different
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:26 pm"More heart" vs. "more natural" is just what it ends up looking like when you compare white pocket passers to black dual threat QBs.
Oh brother. Guys like Trevor Lawrence, Justin Herbert, Matt Stafford, Andrew Luck, Philip Rivers, etc. had a ridiculous amount of natural talent.

Reesing was never one of those guys, never really an NFL prospect talent-wise. What he had was amazing awareness, a tremendous grasp of his offense, and yes, a ton of heart that led to playmaking and getting something out of nothing. Jalon is different. His arm and legs have been eye-popping since he showed up here at age 17. I understand many KU fans hadn't heard of him until the last 2 weeks, though.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:35 pm Talent and results are different
Results would have said that Mahomes would be just another disappointing Tech QB in the NFL.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"What he had was amazing awareness and vision, a tremendous grasp of his offense"

This is why he had almost 4000 yards passing as a junior.
He certainly had a lot of heart but that's not what separates him from Daniels.

And if Daniels has a better season than Reesing, there is no way we aren't a top 25 team this season.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Jaynes is probably the closest with arm strength. Cromwell is closest in elusiveness and speed. Reesing the closest in leadership skill. Hadl the closest in reading defenses. Douglass the closest on improvisation. But Daniels is better than all of them. Freakishly good this year.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Most efficient QB in CFB. So impressive. Going to be interesting if teams sell out to stop him running.

Last year the Dolphins ran a ZERO defense against the Ravens. 100% to stop Lamar.

The defense always has an extra guy. Except when the QB runs. Game changer.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

JD article by former Kansas beat writer now in LA

https://t.co/uKg7bnMypR

nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

I just read this article saying Jalon's NIL valuation was around $396,000. Top 100 for college football. Good for him. Crazy how much money is being given out. (not saying this is a bad thing)

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/nil-deals- ... n-daniels/
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

nu_bronco wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:08 am I just read this article saying Jalon's NIL valuation was around $396,000. Top 100 for college football. Good for him. Crazy how much money is being given out. (not saying this is a bad thing)

https://www.on3.com/nil/news/nil-deals- ... n-daniels/

That's great!

...but the taxes. The taxes. smh
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Sparko wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:47 pm Jaynes is probably the closest with arm strength. Cromwell is closest in elusiveness and speed. Reesing the closest in leadership skill. Hadl the closest in reading defenses. Douglass the closest on improvisation. But Daniels is better than all of them. Freakishly good this year.
Good analysis. Not sure I agree with all of that but I love that list!