Re: TCU (-7) @ Kansas

Post by pdub »

I guessed around 9.
I think it may settle around 7.5-8.
I will take 7 though.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I got +5.5 last week and I thought that was going to be a steal because I thought KU would win by double digits and TCU would struggle. Regretting that bet now.

But if it gets to that 8 or 9 range, I think I'll take it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

A TD seems right. Might as well do some Hawk ML action.

Had this as a W before the season. Maybe Oklahoma just sucks.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Ky is obviously talented enough to play at this level, but I'm not sure he has the rare size/speed combo that Hishaw has. I don't know a lot about what happened at Minnesota last season.

https://twitter.com/ctbecker/status/157 ... o6MiiJOW4A
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Good news IMHO on Hishaw. On TCU, it is an early KSU type of test. Stuff Duggan. You stop him leaking out and you win the game. OU can't seem to get that concept down.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

genuinely thinking about trying to go back to Lawrence for the game. Might be able to swing it.

Anyone around?

Wanna go in on an airbnb and pretend like we're in college again for the weekend?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If you don't mind the drive to KC, CnB will host.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Biggest game since 2007. Headed to Colorado for a wedding. SMH.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I’ll be at the game. Hoping to tear down a goalpost!
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:37 pm I’ll be at the game. Hoping to tear down a goalpost!
I was telling a friend that I couldn't believe the fans rushed the field twice in a row. I then said if KU beats TCU this week I could easily see the goalpost being torn down. I can get behind this one since it would mean KU was bowl eligible. If my sons want to take part in that I might have to join them to keep an eye on my youngest.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It's still hard to wrap my mind around College GameDay being at the bottom of The Hill for a football game.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:00 pm It's still hard to wrap my mind around College GameDay being at the bottom of The Hill for a football game.
Just listened to a podcast and they mentioned this exact thing. It’s hard to wrap your mind around it.

It’s insane.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

nu_bronco wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:57 pm
Cascadia wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:37 pm I’ll be at the game. Hoping to tear down a goalpost!
I was telling a friend that I couldn't believe the fans rushed the field twice in a row. I then said if KU beats TCU this week I could easily see the goalpost being torn down. I can get behind this one since it would mean KU was bowl eligible. If my sons want to take part in that I might have to join them to keep an eye on my youngest.
I helped tear down a goalpost when I was at KU. Experience of a lifetime.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Sparko wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:32 pm Good news IMHO on Hishaw.
Hope so. I'm still guarded.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Posts have to come down with a W Saturday.

Students do your thing.
Into potter.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Abso-freaking-lutely.

It'll be weird for sure as the crowd will likely be late arriving. They do their show and the predictions right up to 11. And then the game will kick off at 11. It's going to be a mad rush to get to the stadium after Gameday is done.

Hope the team is fired up and ready to go.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Guys. I watched a bit of the OU/TCU game and let me tell you. OU STINKS. Their defense is currently on par with Kansas defenses of the mid 2010s. It's that bad to my untrained eyes. TCU did nothing special. Ran vertical routes, OU wouldn't guard one of them and it would be wide open. Duggan runs a QB read and the DE and DB both crash after the RB and Duggan has nothing but empty grass.

They don't have any wild schemes or anything like that. They do have some dudes. But I think this KU staff has the better coaches, the better scheme and the home crowd. TCU has the better players though.
Last edited by NewtonHawk11 on Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't think TCU stinks.
But I do think it's possible we beat them.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Shit, I meant OU stinks. Like rotten eggs stinks.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:14 am Guys. I watched a bit of the OU/TCU game and let me tell you. OU STINKS. Their defense is currently on par with Kansas defenses of the mid 2010s. It's that bad to my untrained eyes. TCU did nothing special. Ran vertical routes, OU wouldn't guard one of them and it would be wide open. Duggan runs a QB read and the DE and DB both crash after the RB and Duggan has nothing but empty grass.

They don't have any wild schemes or anything like that. They do have some dudes. But I think this KU staff has the better coaches, the better scheme and the home crowd. TCU has the better players though.
I watched it live and had flashbacks. OU missed assignments, tackles and didn't finish plays. I turned it off at 55-18 or so.