TCU @ KU game thread

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: TCU @ KU game thread

Post by Sparko »

Spread covered. It is easy to call holding. Unsportsmanlike conduct. Etc. That last drive should have been a TD.
Jayhawkerr

Post by Jayhawkerr »

The over throw to Neal was a TD
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Jayhawkerr wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:29 pm The Daniels fumble at the goal line and missed FG would have won this game.
All of this. That Daniels fumble swung the whole game.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:30 pm Missed 2 calls.

But we’re validated, folks.
Until they start making 50-50 calls, we aren't. These oversights today were not acceptable.
Jayhawkerr

Post by Jayhawkerr »

Refs had a hand in deciding the final drive
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Bean did awesomely. Did miss Neal. Did throw a baaaad pick. The kicking game on the short fields was painful. But I want to see it called both ways. Duggan trash talked all game.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

my Texas fan friend just texted about how bad our refs sucked
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I have watched this stuff long enough to be sick of it. And the refs destroyed what should have been a classic ending.
lwh69ku

Post by lwh69ku »

That one hurt. But it’s a big sign of how far we’ve come that instead of being glad to keep it a close game we can easily point to a handful of mistakes that caused us to beat ourselves.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Some of you complain about the refs every single game. (But they did miss a few)

Great showing by KU. The team AND the fans.

Most teams crumble when their star QB goes down. Our guys showed heart.

More questionable play calling though. Lots of it.
Last edited by Deleted User 863 on Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LosCondorAzule
Contributor

Post by LosCondorAzule »

Sparko wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:45 pm I have watched this stuff long enough to be sick of it. And the refs destroyed what should have been a classic ending.
Agree.. we have seen this show with Texas schools to many times
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TCU injuring QBs is a thing too. And Illy. Jeebus. Almost exactly what you posted at the National Championship halftime.
Deleted User 863

Sparko wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:48 pm TCU injuring QBs is a thing too. And Illy. Jeebus. Almost exactly what you posted at the National Championship halftime.
You have complained about the refs in almost every single KU football game this year.

Yes they missed calls. The defensive hold late for sure.

No that's not why we lost.

We also had 2 extremely close TD reviews go our way....had those been opponents getting those review results your head would have exploded.

KU just almost pulled off a big upset with the BACK UP QB.

I blame some of the stupid run plays, especially the QB run on 3rd and long before going for a FG (and missing).
lwh69ku

Post by lwh69ku »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:46 pm
The two long horizontal runs that resulted in no gain + holding penalties stand out. You’re never going to outrun the 8 guys TCU is dropping and turn the corner on that, and the line can’t hold blocks that long with drawing flags.

Also I hated the last play of the 3rd quarter where it looked like we just handed off for no gain on 1st and 10 to burn the last 20 seconds of clock.

Overall I want to see more shots down the field. Both QBs have made the throws, and then look at the plays our WRs made. It’s absurd to look at the second half of the ISU game and see absolutely nothing but conservative handoffs.

We also saw why Bean didn’t keep the starting job. Missing Neal at the end and also not seeing Grimm a couple plays before the missed FG were killers.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

the critical turn in the game was fumbling on the goal line, then giving up a quick 99 yards the other way.

we coulda shoulda woulda been the ones up at half.
Deleted User 863

lwh69ku wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:58 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:46 pm
The two long horizontal runs that resulted in no gain + holding penalties stand out. You’re never going to outrun the 8 guys TCU is dropping and turn the corner on that, and the line can’t hold blocks that long with drawing flags.

Also I hated the last play of the 3rd quarter where it looked like we just handed off for no gain on 1st and 10 to burn the last 20 seconds of clock.

Overall I want to see more shots down the field. Both QBs have made the throws, and then look at the plays our WRs made. It’s absurd to look at the second half of the ISU game and see absolutely nothing but conservative handoffs.

We also saw why Bean didn’t keep the starting job. Missing Neal at the end and also not seeing Grimm a couple plays before the missed FG were killers.
Agree with all of this.

All in all, lots of positives to take away from this game and the entire year. But doesn't mean things shouldn't be cleaned up. Even the coaches.

I guess, in a way, it's nice to feel this way. It means we are good again.
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:00 pm the critical turn in the game was fumbling on the goal line, then giving up a quick 99 yards the other way.

we coulda shoulda woulda been the ones up at half.
What do teams get for being up at half?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Illy can go away for another two weeks.
I’m growing as tired as you all.

Don’t come on a KU message bored the moment after a big loss where there were clearly two suspect no calls back to back that would have changed the game and try to warrant that people complain after every game. Or say little things like the comment above.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sparko wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:48 pm TCU injuring QBs is a thing too. And Illy. Jeebus. Almost exactly what you posted at the National Championship halftime.

He's way less annoying when he's on ignore.
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Let’s hope Daniels can come back this season.

If not, Bean showed out as a backup.