TCU @ KU game thread

Kansas Football.
ChalkRocker

Re: TCU @ KU game thread

Post by ChalkRocker »

Hey!

Kerry Meier said: "Winners are winners. Depth charts are not the sole measure."

I know. I was there when he said it.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Take care of business next week.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

TCU has some dudes. Way more talent than KU. And KU still should have won.

They haven’t been out coached yet in a game. Refreshing to say that.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
shindig

Post by shindig »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:09 pm TCU has some dudes. Way more talent than KU. And KU still should have won.

They haven’t been out coached yet in a game. Refreshing to say that.
Spot on. TCU has a great defense and they are fast. I agree, passer interference was obvious on that outlet pass. The receiver was being pulled and no flag was thrown. It sucks, but KU made mistakes that should of had them up by 10. Move on.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Sparko wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:09 pm Take care of business next week.
^^^^^
This. Let's take'em down and get bowl eligible.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Kansas threw a brain dead INT that gave them a short field touchdown, fumbled on the 1 tard line and missed a makeable field goal. Despite losing their starting QB and all of the above, they still were in it to the end.

Pretty frustrating but still pretty encouraging.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

twocoach wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:40 pm Kansas threw a brain dead INT that gave them a short field touchdown, fumbled on the 1 tard line and missed a makeable field goal. Despite losing their starting QB and all of the above, they still were in it to the end.

1 tard line made me laugh
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

he didn't mean it.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:04 pm he didn't mean it.
Shut up
oreadical

Post by oreadical »

I'm pretty sure he meant it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sparko wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:02 pm
twocoach wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:40 pm Kansas threw a brain dead INT that gave them a short field touchdown, fumbled on the 1 YARD line and missed a makeable field goal. Despite losing their starting QB and all of the above, they still were in it to the end.

1 tard line made me laugh
Nice one by me. Big hands are good for a few things but not for typing on a phone keyboard. Oops. Gotta correct that before the PC police come and get me for being classless and we have three pages devoted to nonsense.

The next three weeks will be very interesting for KU football. The status of Daniels injury will largely define how the season ends but we did see enough from Bean for me to believe that they aren't completely hosed without Daniels. Two straight road games against Oklahoma and Baylor before coming back home against what seems like the best team in the Big 12. OU looks like straight up trash and I think KU should be favored on the road in that one. At Baylor will be a significant challenge.

The question for me will be if KU splits those two games or even worse, loses them both, will we still see fans "Pack the Booth" when they come back home to face Oklahoma State? It will be quite the test of the fan base to see if they are truly invested in what is clearly an improving team or whether it was just fun to cheer for a potential magical season.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

But what if TCU is actually the best team in the B12 and we just hung with them ( let’s be honest it should have been Kansas ball 1st and 10 from the TCU 19 with 37 seconds left and a couple timeouts ) without our starting QB and RB?

Glass half full.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:51 am But what if TCU is actually the best team in the B12 and we just hung with them ( let’s be honest it should have been Kansas ball 1st and 10 from the TCU 19 with 37 seconds left and a couple timeouts ) without our starting QB and RB?

Glass half full.
Likely correct. And after watching them troll Jayhawk social media, glad to have them become the lesser Missouri of the South. They were really jealous of the show we put on for Game Day. And, I am guessing, of the nattys. We could every remaining game and play them again. Which would be great.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Cascadia wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:56 pm
Shut up
"Big hands are good for a few things but not for typing on a phone keyboard. Oops."

I win.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:37 am
Shut up
"Big hands are good for a few things but not for typing on a phone keyboard. Oops."

I win.
lol, only Hawklin can rival your childishness
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

Cascadia wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:25 pm

Shut up

I win.

nuh-uh
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:51 am But what if TCU is actually the best team in the B12 and we just hung with them ( let’s be honest it should have been Kansas ball 1st and 10 from the TCU 19 with 37 seconds left and a couple timeouts ) without our starting QB and RB?

Glass half full.
Oh, I am fully on team "Glass Half Full" right now. Honestly, KU made a few mistakes that cost themselves this win. The fumble, the missed FG and the dumb INT were a 17 point swing in total. I thought KU played really well but they just make a few too many self inflicted mistakes to pull out a win against a very good team.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

twocoach wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:21 pm

Glass half full.
Oh, I am fully on team "Glass Half Full" right now. Honestly, KU made a few mistakes that cost themselves this win. The fumble, the missed FG and the dumb INT were a 17 point swing in total. I thought KU played really well but they just make a few too many self inflicted mistakes to pull out a win against a very good team.
I'd go further than that. We were w/o Hishaw and then Daniels (!). New qb.

This chgs cadence and calls. Play calls. It requires everyone to re-focus, in a half-dozen ways. It's kind of a big deal.

Miscues? Errors? Lost oppos? Whatevs.

Shi*. The team handled it really well.

I'm pretty sure we're good.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Shut up

I win.
Uh. Ok.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ChalkRocker wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:12 pm

I win.

nuh-uh
Reasonable.