Horse collar?
Pass interference?
ousdahl

Re: Refs

Post by ousdahl »

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I’m not sure the better team won today. Absolutely feel like KU gave that game away.
Holidaysmore - 2005
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Refs must have had TCU and the points.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

at least there weren't a ton of flags all day.

but when even the announcers are commenting on the officiating the last two plays, gross.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

To be fair, two of our TDs coulda gone either way. But at least those were close.

The horse collar was clear to everyone.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The TDs were called on the field correctly. But there were four PIs or holds that were not. The Big 12 keeps hammering KU. Maybe because of basketball success. But this stuff keeps happening. Since that awful OPI call.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:35 pm at least there weren't a ton of flags all day.

but when even the announcers are commenting on the officiating the last two plays, gross.
Every major penalty was on KU.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

KU put themselves in a position where those calls/non-calls cost them the game.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

InfiniteJ wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:46 pm KU put themselves in a position where those calls/non-calls cost them the game.
I don’t understand comments like these when it comes to a game where opponents are even. I think KU and TCU are pretty even teams over the length of the game.

If we had fucked up play after play, and lost, then this comment makes sense.

In this case, it does not, because KU put themselves in a position to tie/win and the officials altered the position.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I think the key here is that the no calls ended the game. KU may have lost on a great play by TCU inside the red zone or the two-point conversion. we would have been fine with that. It was a pick em game really. Vegas made out like bandits covering when the surge of money went KU's way. It was almost like they protected the spread. Gambling not a great look on games like this.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I take bigger issue with the Jalon fumble, the Bean interception, the Borcila missed FG (as well as the kickoff issues), and the dozens of missed tackles, than I do with any call the refs made/missed.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

But those balanced out. It was an even game. Kansas had four major penalties to zero. I think there should be some accountability.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think it’s just a odd take because, one of those calls are made correctly, and KU scores and goes on to win the game, which is reasonable, then they have put themselves in the position to win the game.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I have no issue with how any of you feel on this topic; I just don't look at it the same as you. Putting too much blame on the refs feels like a fool's errand to me.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You could reasonably say if the correct calls were made at the end of the gage we would have had a much better chance to win than if those calls were not made, correct?
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

...not calling any of you fools, it's just how I ultimately felt when I used to blame the refs for W's & L's.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

pdub wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:49 pm You could reasonably say if the correct calls were made at the end of the gage we would have had a much better chance to win than if those calls were not made, correct?
I totally agree with that and I totally understand why you feel the way you do.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Big 12 football has depended on a beatable KU. It was a great game that should have been a classic. The overt nature of the late referee errors will be a topic for a long time. They have one job. Almost felt like we needed to get off the field for Tennessee on ESPN 2.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I’m not all conspiracy theory like classic Sparko but I think we could have tied or won the ball game if one of those two calls were made.

We could have made better plays throughout the game certainly. But we didn’t and we were in the position we were. And then got screwed out of any positive results from where we had put ourselves in.