KU (+7.5) @ Oklahoma

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

KU (+7.5) @ Oklahoma

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Took one look at one page of the TCU game thread and realized right away it was time to move on from that game on this board.

Hawks money line. Lessgo!
NewtonHawk11

Re: KU (+7.5) @ Oklahoma

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I hammered Hawks +7 and dabbled with ML. Don’t get the line.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Haven’t lost a spread so far.
7.5?
Take that.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Same as everyone else. Got the Hawks at 7.5 and the ML at 225. Feel very good about that.
Holidaysmore - 2005
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

has anyone watched OU play this year?

Aren't they like, really bad?

On one hand I feel like we shouldn't be dogs, considering we're ranked and good record and were in it right til the end before barely loosing to another ranked team...yet OU is loosing games left and right, just got shut out bad against a rival

but on the other hand it's KU in a conference road game...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Although Sagarin LOVES Texas - loosing 49-0 to them, at home, is kind of a red flag.
I expect it to be a high scoring affair, like TCU eventually ended up being.
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

OU was playing with backup QB against Texas. Their started is supposed to return this week against KU. I am guessing that will help their offense score. I think it will be like pdub said and might start slow but end up in the mid 30's this time with KU getting the win.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't care how bad OU is, who their coach is, or which players they have, a win in Norman for this program will always be staggering to me. Rock Chalk.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

Leipold said in his press conference today that Daniels is doubtful for OU but they are monitoring him day-to-day to see if that might change. With Bean starting, word is Ethan Vasko would be his backup.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

The line is now KU +9 on DK. HOW!?

Nick Schwerdt just dropped an interesting stat on the Twitter.

"Oklahoma has allowed 310 rushing yards per game. Can Dillon Gabriel play linebacker?"

So much focus on Gabriel. Not enough on how bad that defense truly is. Allowed 55 points to TCU. 41! to kstate and 49 to Texas.

I said this in the lead up to TCU/KU. OU stinks. Their defense is on par with mid 2010's KU defenses. I think we're going to see KU run, run again and run some more.

Oh, and by the way, just did a small wager SGP with KU ML, Over 62 and Kansas leading after 1st quarter. +800.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:34 pm Leipold said in his press conference today that Daniels is doubtful for OU but they are monitoring him day-to-day to see if that might change. With Bean starting, word is Ethan Vasko would be his backup.
Kotelnicki confirmed Vasko is the #2 for this week if JD can't play, which seems very, very likely.

Huge for a true freshman to have that role.

UnholyLivingDead

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:24 am
UnholyLivingDead wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:34 pm Leipold said in his press conference today that Daniels is doubtful for OU but they are monitoring him day-to-day to see if that might change. With Bean starting, word is Ethan Vasko would be his backup.
Kotelnicki confirmed Vasko is the #2 for this week if JD can't play, which seems very, very likely.

Huge for a true freshman to have that role.
Got the feeling when Vasko signed with us that the staff really, REALLY liked him. I'm excited to see what he can do here, but only after a couple more years.
UnholyLivingDead

I know we are loaded at running back but man this feels like a game where Hishaw would be awesome.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:28 am I know we are loaded at running back but man this feels like a game where Hishaw would be awesome.
He was really good against them 2 years ago. Think he had close to 100 yards. But they got blowed out.

hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:23 am The line is now KU +9 on DK. HOW!?

"Oklahoma has allowed 310 rushing yards per game. Can Dillon Gabriel play linebacker?"

So much focus on Gabriel. Not enough on how bad that defense truly is. Allowed 55 points to TCU. 41! to kstate and 49 to Texas.

I said this in the lead up to TCU/KU. OU stinks. Their defense is on par with mid 2010's KU defenses. I think we're going to see KU run, run again and run some more.

Oh, and by the way, just did a small wager SGP with KU ML, Over 62 and Kansas leading after 1st quarter. +800.
+9 wow that means bets coming in on OU. Makes absolutely no sense. There is one common opponent TCU. OU got boat raced in the first QTR, TCU was on its way to 100 pts and 1000 yards.

We could have should have beaten TCU and OU had no chance of winning that game.

OU defense is bad. Why?? Bret a defense HC so must be the DC and it is. It was a bad hire by Bret and it will have to be rectified just not this week.

Bean was impressive and a whole week of practice with the 1's we going to score some points.

I like Gabriel and the OC is the one he had at UCF so you would think they have some potential but with that defense if the offense struggles they done.

Pretty sure the betting public sees OU getting QB back and KU lost QB but man they really have no clue about Bean.
UnholyLivingDead

hartjack8 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:12 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:23 am The line is now KU +9 on DK. HOW!?

+9 wow that means bets coming in on OU. Makes absolutely no sense. There is one common opponent TCU. OU got boat raced in the first QTR, TCU was on its way to 100 pts and 1000 yards.

We could have should have beaten TCU and OU had no chance of winning that game.

OU defense is bad. Why?? Bret a defense HC so must be the DC and it is. It was a bad hire by Bret and it will have to be rectified just not this week.

Bean was impressive and a whole week of practice with the 1's we going to score some points.

I like Gabriel and the OC is the one he had at UCF so you would think they have some potential but with that defense if the offense struggles they done.

Pretty sure the betting public sees OU getting QB back and KU lost QB but man they really have no clue about Bean.
The line jumped up to +9 (was even +10 at one point) when Zac Boyer "reported" that Jalon was out for the season this week. That's what caused all that money to come in on OU.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

This is a trap game for KU and a do or die for Venables. Might have to wager on injuries.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Sparko wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 12:23 pm This is a trap game for KU and a do or die for Venables. Might have to wager on injuries.
Trap for KU how???

They haven't beaten OU since 1997. Last win in Norman was 1996. The closest loss Kansas had in that span was 12 points last year.

To think this is a trap game for KU is preposterous.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"The closest loss Kansas had in that span was 12 points last year."**

** 4th & 1 at OU 46
(3:20 - 4th) Kennedy Brooks run for a loss of 2 yards to the Kans 49 for a 1ST down Caleb Williams for a 1ST down

Uh-huh.
Shoulda been KU ball, at the OU 44, down 5.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Oh without that play. KU ends that streak last year. No doubt in my mind.