Kansas (+8) @ Baylor

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Kansas (+8) @ Baylor

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Early lines are all over the place, so I'll post the most generous first.

Catching yet another preseason favorite after a tough loss (and 2 extra days rest).
Last edited by CrimsonNBlue on Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Kansas (-7.5) @ Baylor

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

No way Kansas is favored..
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Kansas (+7.5) @ Baylor

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

My bad.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It is the Big 12. Brawl until you die, basically. KU needed a bye week two weeks ago. Again, if we have a defensive coordinator who doesn't spend most of the off season preparing for dump passes and no-huddle, we will continue to melt down. It is a Big 12 thing, making the game less about coaching and more about recruiting. What was so sad about yesterday was that any credible QB would have racked up yards.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Without Daniels, this should be closer to 9 imo.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Kansas (+9.5) @ Baylor

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Vegas lines are out now.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Kansas (+9.5) @ Baylor

Post by pdub »

That makes more sense.
twocoach

Re: Kansas (+8) @ Baylor

Post by twocoach »

Kansas is pretty fucked right now.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Think it's pretty obvious that JD won't be back until maybe Oklahoma State. Even if after that, still 3 games for him to play with Tech, Texas and kstate.

KU still seems relatively healthy compared to most teams. Just stinks that one of the big injuries is to the starting QB. But Bean has been fine in his 1 1/2 games played.

Defense just can't allow 700 yards again.

Baylor might be without their starting QB as well. He got a concussion in West Va last week, I think. Backup is a freshman.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Relatively healthy, but the casualties are Daniels, Hishaw, and Bryant. Ouch.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

You’re three best players at three of the most important positions.

Kinda disappointing how Neal has fallen off. Looks like he put on weight and has gotten slower. Don’t see the same burst and pop like we did last year.

Do not like this match up against Baylor.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:08 pmKinda disappointing how Neal has fallen off. Looks like he put on weight and has gotten slower. Don’t see the same burst and pop like we did last year.
I don't agree with that about Neal at all. 6.6 YPC and will shatter last year's total production. CFB is a lot of RB by committee, and Hishaw was a great one to have in addition to Neal.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:13 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:08 pmKinda disappointing how Neal has fallen off. Looks like he put on weight and has gotten slower. Don’t see the same burst and pop like we did last year.
I don't agree with that about Neal at all. 6.6 YPC and will shatter last year's total production. CFB is a lot of RB by committee, and Hishaw was a great one to have in addition to Neal.
Maybe I didn’t realize how good Hishaw was going to be either.

I see what you are saying with a RB by committee. Just with the way that Neal finished the last part of the season and then the preseason hype made me to believe he would be the 20 carry a guy.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:24 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:13 pm
Maybe I didn’t realize how good Hishaw was going to be either.

I see what you are saying with a RB by committee. Just with the way that Neal finished the last part of the season and then the preseason hype made me to believe he would be the 20 carry a guy.
What has also eaten into Neal's total carries this season so far is Daniels's ability to run the triple option. Daniels should pull and run a lot for us. Now that both Daniels and Hishaw are hurt, I expect Neal's carries to go up, but his efficiency to go down.

Bean's skillset means we're going to pass a lot and abandon the triple option. I don't like that, and it doesn't really fit Kotelnicki, either. Bean has glimpses of being able to spread the ball around, but I think he's a 4-win ceiling type of talent.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

🤞that his 4 game ceiling is achieved during the last half of this season!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Bean was not the reason they lost Saturday. And I know you're not saying that. But I honestly don't think there's *THAT* much of a difference between Bean and Daniels.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:47 pm Bean was not the reason they lost Saturday. And I know you're not saying that. But I honestly don't think there's *THAT* much of a difference between Bean and Daniels.
In skillset probably not.

Daniels is a better decision maker and more accurate passer. And that's huge for a team who relies on staying on schedule and converting short 3rd downs.

In terms of big play potential, Bean might actually be slightly better. But I trust Daniels more to not turn the ball over, make the right play in the option, get his reads right, and deliver the ball on target.

Bean might be the second best QB we've had since Reesing, but it's clear to me that Daniels is the QB#1.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cummings.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:55 pmCummings.
I think Webb was better than Cummings. But beside the point. Cummings was just something good after a couple years of terrible.