Contributor

Re: KU @ Baylor Game Thread

Post by Sparko »

Reese meh. Would not see the field in Norman
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Should have on-sided the last kickoff in retrospect. Defense pretty gassed. Hot down in Waco
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I just wanted KU to be a competitive P5 team this season and they have achieved that goal. I hope they are able to get that one last win to be bowl eligible but there aren't many good chances left. Fingers crossed they can pull it off somehow.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

twocoach wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:16 pm I just wanted KU to be a competitive P5 team this season and they have achieved that goal. I hope they are able to get that one last win to be bowl eligible but there aren't many good chances left. Fingers crossed they can pull it off somehow.
Tech or bust. That’s it.
Holidaysmore - 2005
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Sparko wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:09 pm Reese meh. Would not see the field in Norman
Also, this. We let a 5’9 175 freshman run all over us. Embarrassing.
Holidaysmore - 2005
lwh69ku

Post by lwh69ku »

twocoach wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 2:16 pm I just wanted KU to be a competitive P5 team this season and they have achieved that goal. I hope they are able to get that one last win to be bowl eligible but there aren't many good chances left. Fingers crossed they can pull it off somehow.
True. We’ve proven this season we deserve to be in a real conference, which had to be the #1 goal before the Big 12 collapses.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Wasn't happy with play-calling. Baylor stacks the box and has real speed on the edges. Had to get rhythm passing down. Ran into a wall too many times.
Team played great after that wind assisted ass whooping early.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

We're in every game on the sked

We go bowlin'.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

I think this game was lost in the first quarter. If we hadn't spotted them 14 in the first few minutes, we might have been able to outscore them.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

We seemed tight initially. Had to tough it out to the halftime break.

Won the 2nd half, but not by enough.

Bears are good, though. Our 1s are busted-up.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

AlOerter wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:48 pm I think this game was lost in the first quarter. If we hadn't spotted them 14 in the first few minutes, we might have been able to outscore them.
This game was lost in the 2nd quarter of the TCU game.

The difference between a solid team and a very good one is an elite QB.

That we're still competitive in every game is testimony to what LL is building here. But let's be honest about what JD brings to this team.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Was just mentioning this to my wife. TCU basically had a giant target on JD's back. Before we get too misty eyed on Bean, he is 0-3.

TCU may have injured their third QB. Martinez out now
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:02 pm
AlOerter wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 4:48 pm I think this game was lost in the first quarter. If we hadn't spotted them 14 in the first few minutes, we might have been able to outscore them.

That we're still competitive in every game is testimony to what LL is building here. But let's be honest about what JD brings to this team.
I agree but.....
If we are being honest (you said "let's be honest), he wasn't exactly "elite" in the last 6 quarters he played before he got injured. Bean wasn't "elite" but he was more than adequate in the TCU and Oklahoma games. Good enough for KU to have won those games.
I'd say another difference between a solid and a very good team can be an "elite" defense. KU has far from one.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Sparko wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:18 pm Was just mentioning this to my wife. TCU basically had a giant target on JD's back. Before we get too misty eyed on Bean, he is 0-3.

TCU may have injured their third QB. Martinez out now
Now four.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

There were at least 5 QB who suffered injuries (missed plays) against TCU this season.
The 5 I know about are/were Daniels, Martinez (although it's debatable if TCU "injured" him), Gabriel, Beville, and Howard.
The Gabriel hit was brutal and intentional. The others, you tell me if there was intent to injure.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TCU still in the drivers seat.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:02 pm

100%. Again, Bean has been fine. But this team needs JD back in a bad way.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Bean had a solid game. Made some excellent throws. Had a nice touchdown run on a scramble. Didn't turn it over. He just doesn't have that it factor, that charisma that Daniels has.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

When JD does come back it's not going to be the same...no way they run the option like they did with him previously, let alone designed QB runs.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Sonny Dykes is a dirty coach IMHO. Needs to called out.