RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Adidas and Kanye

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Done.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... troversies

Herzogenaurach
OCTOBER 25, 2022
adidas does not tolerate antisemitism and any other sort of hate speech. Ye’s recent comments and actions have been unacceptable, hateful and dangerous, and they violate the company’s values of diversity and inclusion, mutual respect and fairness.
After a thorough review, the company has taken the decision to terminate the partnership with Ye immediately, end production of Yeezy branded products and stop all payments to Ye and his companies. adidas will stop the adidas Yeezy business with immediate effect.
This is expected to have a short-term negative impact of up to €250 million on the company’s net income in 2022 given the high seasonality of the fourth quarter.
adidas is the sole owner of all design rights to existing products as well as previous and new colorways under the partnership. More information will be given as part of the company’s upcoming Q3 earnings announcement on November 9, 2022.

For those of you who may not know the context....

https://twitter.com/dup_online/status/1 ... 1061129216
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Adidas and Kanye

Post by KUTradition »

some good news to start the day
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

is the Parler deal still on?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I wonder if people get the irony in that. The CEO (and founder) of Skechers is a Jew.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Fuck the number of anti-Semites that are making this trend. It's staggering. It also highlights the entire purpose of Zionism - having a Jewish nation that Jews can flee to when shit hits the fan again. Which is why I consider anti-Zionism to also be a form of anti-Semitism (though I think some anti-Zionists truly just don't know the definition of Zionism).
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Mjl wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:00 pm Fuck the number of anti-Semites that are making this trend.
This.

I am shocked at the amount of Kyrie and Kanye support I have seen on my social media.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Mjl wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:00 pm Fuck the number of anti-Semites that are making this trend. It's staggering. It also highlights the entire purpose of Zionism - having a Jewish nation that Jews can flee to when shit hits the fan again. Which is why I consider anti-Zionism to also be a form of anti-Semitism (though I think some anti-Zionists truly just don't know the definition of Zionism).
pols bored alert!

"we must not equate anti-Semitism with legitimate criticism of a radical right-wing government in Israel."

- Bernie Sanders

but yea, I agree, fuck the anti-Semites.

one other thing I saw - why are we criticizing Kyrie for spewing shit about whatever anti-Semitic media he consumed, but not criticizing Amazon for distributing that media in the first place?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

The same reason we don't criticize libraries for having Mein Kampf. Hosting does not equal promoting. Kyrie did the promoting.

As far as the Bernie quote goes, you just showed exactly what I meant. I mentioned Zionism and you equated that to the actions of Israel's soon-to-be-back-in-power right wing Government (which would actually be considered pretty left wing here but that's another subject). Criticizing Israel's Government is not anti-Zionism.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Mjl wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:00 pm Fuck the number of anti-Semites that are making this trend. It's staggering. It also highlights the entire purpose of Zionism - having a Jewish nation that Jews can flee to when shit hits the fan again. Which is why I consider anti-Zionism to also be a form of anti-Semitism (though I think some anti-Zionists truly just don't know the definition of Zionism).
absolutely

(i kinda figured that was implied)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea, maybe I'm not doing enough to distinguish Zionism from the Israeli gummint.

Are most Israelis (and Israeli government officials) also considered Zionists? Are many Zionists critical of the right wing gummint in Israel?

How would Israel's right wing government be considered left wing here?
Last edited by ousdahl on Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

also, re: Mein Kampf, I guess it does get afforded 1A protections too, I guess.

But I also think it's funny how many people think of Mein Kampf and The Communist Manifesto as the same sort of thing.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And he should have the right to promote whatever he wants, as shitty as it is.
But the NBA has the right to go, hellnah.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Kyrie is the type of dude to say whatever he wants, but then we someone says whatever they want, he claims they are dehumanizing him.

He's a fucking weirdo.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I still lean toward some paradoxical ideal of "we should not tolerate intolerance"

maybe if we weren't still so widely circulating anti-Semitic literature, then we wouldn't have to worry so much about not if but "when the shit hits the fan again."

but I still hesitate to go full tankie about it.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:27 pm yea, maybe I'm not doing enough to distinguish Zionism from the Israeli gummint.

Are most Israelis (and Israeli government officials) also considered Zionists? Are many Zionists critical of the right wing gummint in Israel?

How would Israel's right wing government be considered left wing here?
Over 90% of Jews are Zionists. Yes, many are critical of the Likud party, and when Lapid or Rabin were in charge, many were critical of them. I'm a Zionist and I can't stand Netanyahu and think his re-election is bad for peace and Palestinians.

Your "not doing enough to distinguish Zionism from the Israeli gummint" is a result of very intentional and common propaganda.
- A group hates something (in this case, Jews having a safe place).
- They take a word and redefine it to mean something it isn't so that they can get people to hate that thing too (Zionism = oppression and mistreatment of Palestinians).
- People join that group because they hate that thing too (oppression is bad, therefore I hate Zionism).
- Then the group falls back to the original definition of the word (I hate Zionism, so "From the river to the sea!")
Last edited by Mjl on Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:46 pm I still lean toward some paradoxical ideal of "we should not tolerate intolerance"

maybe if we weren't still so widely circulating anti-Semitic literature, then we wouldn't have to worry so much about not if but "when the shit hits the fan again."

but I still hesitate to go full tankie about it.
It's not tolerated, look at the fallout. This is much better than not knowing who the bigots are. We're getting a lot of people speaking out against anti-Semitism as a result. That's great.