Adidas and Kanye

Coffee talk.
StayCurious

Re: Adidas and Kanye

Post by StayCurious »

Mjl wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:57 pm
StayCurious wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:03 am Do I think he's racist? No. They were threatening his life, so it's normal for him to be angry. My post goes back to the point that Randy made above.
Who was threatening his life? He said he's "going Death Con three on the Jews", among other things. "The Jews" threatened his life? What if it he had said that about white people, do you think that would be racist?
Did you not see this one? If that's not a threat, I don't know what is. People are saying this was his body trainer. I don't think he was talking about an entire race, but rather just a group within. Maybe he used poor choice of words, but I don't believe Kayne is racist.

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/15 ... 4014%2Fpg1
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

What does going "death con 3" even mean?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Maybe they should put Kanye in a conservatorship, like they did to Britney Spears
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

StayCurious wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:49 pm
Mjl wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:57 pm
StayCurious wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:03 am Do I think he's racist? No. They were threatening his life, so it's normal for him to be angry. My post goes back to the point that Randy made above.
Who was threatening his life? He said he's "going Death Con three on the Jews", among other things. "The Jews" threatened his life? What if it he had said that about white people, do you think that would be racist?
Did you not see this one? If that's not a threat, I don't know what is. People are saying this was his body trainer. I don't think he was talking about an entire race, but rather just a group within. Maybe he used poor choice of words, but I don't believe Kayne is racist.

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/15 ... 4014%2Fpg1
He didn't say a sub group. He has been blaming Jews repeatedly. When he talks about Jews being in power, he doesn't"ask questions", he insinuates it's done by at best unethical means.

He also claims all Jews are frauds and that the black people are the real Israelites, and yes, calling an entire people a fraud, and getting to that point by believing conspiracy theories so heavily disproven that the only way to believe them is by desperately wanting it to be true, is racist.

He's anti-Semitic. How you can't see that is absolutely wild.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:25 pm What does going "death con 3" even mean?
Who knows. But I don't think it means having a conversation with.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Why does it matter if he's Orthodox? There have been several Jewish NBA players. Deni Avdija currently.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

are orthodox required to wear the Yamak during the games? Maybe thats the difference? I have no idea.
Just Ledoux it
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I mean, no Orthodox Jew will play in the NBA because they can't play on Shabbat.

I'm trying to figure out Randy's point.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:15 pm I mean, no Orthodox Jew will play in the NBA because they can't play on Shabbat.

There wasn't a huge point. Kyrie has obviously been in the basketball news for his thoughts (conspiracies) on jews. And now there is the first orthodox jew trying to get his shot in the g league/nba
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Mjl wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:15 pm I mean, no Orthodox Jew will play in the NBA because they can't play on Shabbat.

He said if he makes the NBA he will/would play on Shabbat.
He also said he would walk to the "gym".
My guess is he's not going to have to worry about it.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:27 pm

Not to make this a Jewish philosophy thread... Eh fuck it, too late.

That's so dumb. The Torah says nothing about not driving on the sabbath. It explicitly says you're not supposed to work at your occupation. The thing that always bothered me with the Ashkenazi Orthodox is that they seem to base everything on Gemara, often just throwing out what's actually in the Torah and coming up with some wild explanation based on some obscure reasoning related to some tiny detail while ignoring what's right out there in clear Hebrew.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:10 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:27 pm

Not to make this a Jewish philosophy thread... Eh fuck it, too late.

That's so dumb. The Torah says nothing about not driving on the sabbath. It explicitly says you're not supposed to work at your occupation. The thing that always bothered me with the Ashkenazi Orthodox is that they seem to base everything on Gemara, often just throwing out what's actually in the Torah and coming up with some wild explanation based on some obscure reasoning related to some tiny detail while ignoring what's right out there in clear Hebrew.
"The things thats always bothered me"....

Mjl hates jews. You heard it everybody
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

…Numerous organizations have demanded that Amazon remove the film, which the Washington Free Beacon explained on Tuesday “not only denies the Holocaust but also claims Jewish people falsified the historical record about it in order to ‘conceal their nature and protect their status and power’. It also claims that white people cannot be authentic Jews…”

jfc

an indictment of our public education system more than anything

i wonder how he’d feel if someone produced a film that painted the Standing Rock Sioux in a light similar to what that film does with Jews
Last edited by KUTradition on Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i mean, he’s black so he can’t possibly be authentic Sioux

smfh
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I was at a wedding in Texas hanging out by a river, where the wedding was, the day before with some friends and other people at the wedding.
Good friend is over talking to older lady who was one of the guests. He suddenly stands up and loudly says, "we will have to agree to disagree" and walks away from her.

Ask him what's up.
He says, "that woman is a holocaust denier".
His wife is Jewish who had relatives die in the holocaust.

I woulda chucked her old ass in the river.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I wouldn’t have become physically violent but prob woulda shared stronger words than “agree to disagree”
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:34 am …Numerous organizations have demanded that Amazon remove the film, which the Washington Free Beacon explained on Tuesday “not only denies the Holocaust but also claims Jewish people falsified the historical record about it in order to ‘conceal their nature and protect their status and power’. It also claims that white people cannot be authentic Jews…”

jfc

i wonder how he’d feel if someone produced a film that painted the Standing Rock Sioux in a light similar to what that film does with Jews
The thing is... I don't want Amazon being the arbiter of truth. Let people watch it if they want. Let the idea be brought forth and shot down by the public using facts - which is what is happening. Not allowing content just pushes it to fringe areas (e.g. Rumble) and to those people further validates their beliefs.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Mjl wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:12 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:34 am …Numerous organizations have demanded that Amazon remove the film, which the Washington Free Beacon explained on Tuesday “not only denies the Holocaust but also claims Jewish people falsified the historical record about it in order to ‘conceal their nature and protect their status and power’. It also claims that white people cannot be authentic Jews…”

jfc

The thing is... I don't want Amazon being the arbiter of truth. Let people watch it if they want. Let the idea be brought forth and shot down by the public using facts - which is what is happening. Not allowing content just pushes it to fringe areas (e.g. Rumble) and to those people further validates their beliefs.
i agree. it’s not unlike the right-wing book banning bonanza we’ve seen. the beginning of what i quoted was more circumstantial than intentional

saw that mila kunis and other celebrities are echoing the call as well

i recall vividly watching footage of the concentration camp liberations when i was in school. visited the holocaust memorial museum in DC when i was in school too. i wonder, how/if this topic was taught to guys like kyrie and kanye

seems to me, that with all their millions they’d be well served to do some traveling and actually learn about these things first-hand
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It’s a sports bored so I get why we talk about morans like Kyrie and they do have a bigger podium than most anyone.

When Kyrie says, why can’t I tweet what I want, I’m just a person, I also agree. He shouldn’t be important especially regarding topics he has no idea about.

I’d also argue the NBA shouldn’t suspend him for being an idiot off the court for just saying/posting something like he did ( but I fully agree with their right to do so ).

All of this said doesn’t in anyway make what he said right. Trash him all you want and deservedly so.