Adidas and Kanye

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Adidas and Kanye

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:16 pm
Mjl wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:12 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:34 am …Numerous organizations have demanded that Amazon remove the film, which the Washington Free Beacon explained on Tuesday “not only denies the Holocaust but also claims Jewish people falsified the historical record about it in order to ‘conceal their nature and protect their status and power’. It also claims that white people cannot be authentic Jews…”

jfc

an indictment of our public education system more than anything

i wonder how he’d feel if someone produced a film that painted the Standing Rock Sioux in a light similar to what that film does with Jews
The thing is... I don't want Amazon being the arbiter of truth. Let people watch it if they want. Let the idea be brought forth and shot down by the public using facts - which is what is happening. Not allowing content just pushes it to fringe areas (e.g. Rumble) and to those people further validates their beliefs.
i agree. it’s not unlike the right-wing book banning bonanza we’ve seen. the beginning of what i quoted was more circumstantial than intentional

saw that mila kunis and other celebrities are echoing the call as well

i recall vividly watching footage of the concentration camp liberations when i was in school. visited the holocaust memorial museum in DC when i was in school too. i wonder, how/if this topic was taught to guys like kyrie and kanye

seems to me, that with all their millions they’d be well served to do some traveling and actually learn about these things first-hand
The Holocaust Museum in L.A. extended an invitation to Kayne to come visit. He all but told them to get fucked.
I haven't heard or read about Irving being invited to any Holocaust museum but I do give him some credit for actually talking to those people who wore the Fight Antisemitism shirts to the Nets game.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

even more reason to not like kanye
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:23 pm It’s a sports bored so I get why we talk about morans like Kyrie and they do have a bigger podium than most anyone.

When Kyrie says, why can’t I tweet what I want, I’m just a person, I also agree. He shouldn’t be important especially regarding topics he has no idea about.

I’d also argue the NBA shouldn’t suspend him for being an idiot off the court for just saying/posting something like he did ( but I fully agree with their right to do so ).

All of this said doesn’t in anyway make what he said right. Trash him all you want and deservedly so.
I agree with everything you said.
The interesting thing to me is that I have personally witnessed both men doing good things to/with Jewish people so while they may have antisemitic views, I don't think either man has a deep hatred for Jews as an entire race/religion. I'll add that I don't 100% disagree with EVERYTHING they have said.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

but they aren’t like everyone else

because their “celebrity” gives them a platform and level of influence, particularly over impressionable youth, they’re held to a higher standard

it comes with the territory of chosen carriers/lives
Last edited by KUTradition on Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don’t agree.
Not with the platform they get, because it’s not subjective to their audience, it’s clear they have a much greater one, but with the opinion they must be the person we want them to be and that their opinion should mean anything more.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Nowadays they seem to influence adults just as much as the "impressionable youth".
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Glad to see silver kind of support kyrie. Lebron did too. He has said a thing about hating jews. All he did was try to point something out that he thought happened historically involving a particular group of jews
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

End of the day celebrities are just people too. They should be allowed to have and share their opinions.. right our wrong.

Teach your kids that celebrities are just people too. And are just as dumb or dumber than the rest of us
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

almost all celebrities/athletes/musicians/actors. all nincompoops. they think because they are famous we care about their opinion on things. i do not.

i wish they would just stfu.

almost all the time they look stupid when they open the mouth.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:00 am Glad to see silver kind of support kyrie. Lebron did too. He has said a thing about hating jews. All he did was try to point something out that he thought happened historically involving a particular group of jews
You're either maliciously or ignorantly severely understating the views of the BHI movement. It's absolutely anti-Semitic, lacking evidence, and goes way beyond pointing out something historically.

While I do consider you an anti-Semite, I don't disagree with Silver. Kyrie isn't anti-Semitic, he's just a conspiracy theorist in general who doesn't understand how to delineate facts. Hence the flat-earther thing.

The media was looking to pounce after the Kanye stuff (very very much anti-Semitic) got so much traffic and circulation. Kanye is a piece of shit. Kyrie I kinda feel sorry for.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:07 am almost all celebrities/athletes/musicians/actors. all nincompoops. they think because they are famous we care about their opinion on things. i do not.

100%. It cracks me up when they politically endorse something
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:00 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:07 am almost all celebrities/athletes/musicians/actors. all nincompoops. they think because they are famous we care about their opinion on things. i do not.

Ah, yes…..the “Shut Up and Dribble” principle. By this metric neither of you should ever open your mouth about any public health situation unless you’re directly employed in a technical capacity by the NIH, the FDA or the CDC.

Mich, randy - meet Self and Awareness
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

zsn wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:11 am
randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:00 am

Ah, yes…..the “Shut Up and Dribble” principle. By this metric neither of you should ever open your mouth about any public health situation unless you’re directly employed in a technical capacity by the NIH, the FDA or the CDC.

Mich, randy - meet Self and Awareness
Some of you guys don't know how to read into anything. I just said word for word they should be allowed to have their opinions. My point is celebrities shouldn't expect people to care about/value their opinions more than any other average joe.

Their opinions should probably be valued less honestly. Celebrities tend to be a little out of touch with reality. They can't quite relate to what life is like for average Americans
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

In other words, you, I, and most others on here, are more like "celebrities/athletes/musicians/actors" than you realize. Right? :o :shock: :? ;)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Chappelle is hilarious as usual.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I agree Chappelle is hilarious - and found parts of his monologue very funny.
What's not hilarious is how many people felt he was being "hilarious" in parts of his monologue that he himself will tell you he wasn't trying to be funny.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:03 am
What's not hilarious is how many people felt he was being "hilarious" in parts of his monologue that he himself will tell you he wasn't trying to be funny.
Yes. That part was a little uncomfortable.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »