Adidas and Kanye

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 863

Re: Adidas and Kanye

Post by Deleted User 863 »

I think you guys just proved my point.

Thankfully for you guys, and me too I guess, I am not suicidal.

Weren't you guys just discussing how to stop assholes from being assholes? I might have a few ideas/suggestions.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

You and Q aren't "everyone".
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

I'll be the asshole who says it and come off as lobster in the process. I think the repercussions that Kayne and Kyrie have faced are doing more to divide people and exacerbate "hatred" than unite people. I have to wonder who if anyone has been directing Kayne and Kyrie.
Don't get me wrong, I fully feel Kayne and Kyrie should be called out but "canceling" them isn't going to shut others up. It's going to piss them off more.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:39 pm I'll be the asshole who says it and come off as lobster in the process. I think the repercussions that Kayne and Kyrie have faced are doing more to divide people and exacerbate "hatred" than unite people. I have to wonder who if anyone has been directing Kayne and Kyrie.
Don't get me wrong, I fully feel Kayne and Kyrie should be called out but "canceling" them isn't going to shut others up. It's going to piss them off more.
It seems they are getting some added support because some people of color are pointing out when famous people say racist shit about black/brown people that it rarely gets this level of media attention.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

It was disturbing what threats were made against him.

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

StayCurious wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:45 pm It was disturbing what threats were made against him.

I assure you there are much worse disturbing threats that were made against him.
I'll preface this by saying I don't care for Pasternak and I'm going to leave it that.
Not sure if Pasternak is being sincere with that threat or not but one could argue that Pasternak truly cared about Kayne and may have actually saved Kayne's life in the past.
Not sure what exactly happened to make Pasternak text that to Kayne but clearly it trigged Kayne enough to publically share it.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:39 pm I'll be the asshole who says it and come off as lobster in the process. I think the repercussions that Kayne and Kyrie have faced are doing more to divide people and exacerbate "hatred" than unite people. I have to wonder who if anyone has been directing Kayne and Kyrie.
I think I'm with you on this. The context here matters.

Very shortly before Kanye's "Death con 3 [sic... I think] on the Jews" thing, he had been hanging with Candace Owens and Tucker Carlson. So the left was looking to pounce on him. So when he went off on his anti-Semitic rants, and it got publicized to high hell by Democrats to try to say Republicans are anti-Semitic. They do the same any time anyone brings up George Soros.

For one it gives me a feeling like "You guys don't actually care about anti-Semitism, you're just using us to score political points".

It also has seemingly exacerbated Jewish-Black relationships, which used to be really good, but now are suddenly going downhill really fast. I really, really don't like that.

I wish people could have just rolled their eyes and said "yep, crazy Kanye's being crazy again" and left it at that. But the politicization of it has made things worse.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

You don’t think that there’s some elements of “There’s no such thing as bad publicity” thinking and “I’m Kanye dammit and after all what’s the worst they’re going to do to me” hubris mixed in?

An anecdote about the status of race relations offered without additional editorializing. A friend (of Indian origin) was waiting at the office of a Federal Agency with her daughter. She had left behind her aged mother-in-law at home and was giving her instructions on lunch through FaceTime as it was taking longer than expected. A middle aged man (of East Asian origin - it is the Bay Area after all) claimed that she was talking too loudly, that this is not India and she should go back. The daughter intervened and some argument ensued. The security guard (African American) steps up and breaks up the argument. As he leaves the security guard remarked to my friend “I thought they were only racist towards us”.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Certain people don't like it when famous black people think for themselves and stray outside their box. Question the system. Leave the democratic plantation. And try to make examples of people like Kanye or Kyrie

They don't want black America to wake up
Deleted User 863

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:07 pm Certain people don't like it when famous black people think for themselves and stray outside their box. Question the system. Leave the democratic plantation. And try to make examples of people like Kanye or Kyrie

I don't necessarily disagree with you in certain instances, but I don't think this Kanye situation is one of those instances. Kanye said some really dumb/hateful shit.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He and Kyrie are morans.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:14 pm
I think I'm with you on this. The context here matters.

Very shortly before Kanye's "Death con 3 [sic... I think] on the Jews" thing, he had been hanging with Candace Owens and Tucker Carlson. So the left was looking to pounce on him. So when he went off on his anti-Semitic rants, and it got publicized to high hell by Democrats to try to say Republicans are anti-Semitic. They do the same any time anyone brings up George Soros.

For one it gives me a feeling like "You guys don't actually care about anti-Semitism, you're just using us to score political points".

It also has seemingly exacerbated Jewish-Black relationships, which used to be really good, but now are suddenly going downhill really fast. I really, really don't like that.

I wish people could have just rolled their eyes and said "yep, crazy Kanye's being crazy again" and left it at that. But the politicization of it has made things worse.
Kanye terrifies the democrats because he speaks out about how harmful their policies are to the black community. And democrats desperately need that voting block. They've always treated black people poorly. Didnt even want to free them. And use and manipulate them for votes in the present day. They can't have Kanye compromising those votes by being a black voice that thinks freely and point things out
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:07 pm Certain people don't like it when famous black people think for themselves and stray outside their box. Question the system. Leave the democratic plantation. And try to make examples of people like Kanye or Kyrie

It is kind of amusing to see the media struggle to tear down the ones who don't fit into the woke crowd. They can't call them racist, so they are at a loss for words.

If I were black, I would be resentful against those who think I cannot succeed without extra help.
Last edited by StayCurious on Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Same with kyrie and the vaccine thing. Kyrie was one of the only dudes in the NBA that stood his ground and never got vaccinated. He wanted to be a voice for the oppressed and was smart enough to realize that most people don't need it and certainly shouldn't be forced to get it unless it's their choice
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:01 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:42 pm
KUTradition wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:04 pm
^^^^

as does twitter…if only
I think big social media, like Twitter, has risen above just a business, although I understand it technically is a business, to become a branch of free speech. Digital communication might, if it hasn't already, overtake any other form of communication and it's only going to get 'worse'. I think there is a responsibility here to be as agnostic as possible, even if it means allowing people to spew filth. There should be methods/algorithms in place to completely silence the type of people that you don't want to listen to...but the issue is, people who are against what these people say, love to listen to it, so they can respond and unite in silencing.

Just foe them. But make the foe button work as best as you possibly can.
i think i could agree with you generally

the larger issue, in my mind, is that it’s much to easy for hurtful “messages” to be amplified to the point where they do serious harm (thinking about bullying and suicide)

imo, there must be a point where intervention is warranted. the purveyors (again, just my opinion) have an obligation to make reasonable efforts to prevent the amplification of what i’ll just broadly refer to as “hate speech”
this is probably tangential....but, I would also suggest thay part of the problem is the weird phenomenon of celebrity worship. Twitter gives everybody a platform....and lots of dumb, hurtful, idiotic things are posted every day but its only considered a real issue when it has the ability to influence or impact x amount of other people.

Why do we, anyone, give a fuck about what Kyrie and Kanye say? They are nothings, nobodies in the grand scheme of things. One plays basketball, One raps (poorly)....they arent historians, professors, intellectuals, experts, gods. Their opinions are only as influential as the value the public assigns to them.

People suck.....and celebrity worship is unnecessary and weird.
Last edited by TDub on Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just Ledoux it
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Yes, they hate Kyrie because he wasn't a fan of the jab. He will looked back in history as a brave hero.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

a brave hero....good lord.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Just to clarify, randy and StayCurious, do you think Kanye, thinking freely pointing this out, is based in fact?

"Planned Parenthood was made by Margaret Sanger, a known eugenics, with the KKK to control the Jew population. When I say Jew, I mean the 12 lost tribes of Judah, the blood of Christ, who the people known as the race Black really are. This is who our people are."
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Brave, brave Kyrie.
A hero to us all.