Adidas and Kanye

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Adidas and Kanye

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:49 pm which democratic party.....pre or poat 1930s?
The thing these two ( and many like em ) hang on to because it was mentioned by a dude they admire is that there were prominent members of the Democratic party in the late 1800s that supported the KKK.

1, and most importantly 1, the parties as we know them, have dramatically shifted since then ( i.e. Lincoln, a Republican, would be a Democrat today ).
2, there were also Republican party members involved in supporting the KKK ( back then ).
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:53 pm https://www.plannedparenthood.org/uploa ... ms-p01.pdf

"Planned Parenthood denounces Margaret Sanger’s belief in eugenics. Planned Parenthood
believes that all people — of every race, religion, gender identity, ability, immigration status,
and geography — are full human beings with the right to determine their own future and
decide, without coercion or judgment, whether and when to have children."

Our founding fathers were largely slave owners.
Do your thoughts on Sanger apply to our entire country then?
I never once mentioned Sanger. So idk what you are assuming my thoughts on sanger to be. All I pointed out was that planned parenthood abortions are on a ridiculously inproportionate amount of minorities. Stats back that
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:35 pm Planned parent hood is basically a democrat funded abortion clinic. That kills 90 percent black babies. So arguing that planned parent is racist as fuck is accurate
I don't understand what you are saying when you say - "that kills 90 percent black babies".
Do you really think Planned Parenthood is responsible for killing 90% of Black babies? Or are you saying 90% of the abortions performed by Planned Parenthood are Black fetuses?
Either way, neither is true.

Funny how Republicans choose to ignore that some Republicans go to Planned Parenthood for birth control - so they can have premarital sex (what does the Bible say about that?) - which then eliminates the potential for abortions.
So much fucked up contradiction and hypocrisy in that fact. Right?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:54 pm
Overlander wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:41 pm There is no way that these idiots attended the same University that I did
Well, I didn't. 😉
Abundantly clear
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I'm not religious or a republican.
Look up some data on what abortion is doing to the black community tho. The statistic are mind blowing.

Planned Parenthood clinics always seem to be in minority neighborhoods in big cities all over America. The vast majority of all abortions are to abort black babies
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

One might think the Planned Parenthood is racist as fuck b/c there are more black abortions per capita than white with the organization.

But then also one might try to keep thinking why this could be then understand that Planned Parenthood is a non profit where these services are provided at low cost/no cost compared to private practices where the fees are much higher and aren't as easily accessible.

Then one might link wealth distribution in this country currently to the above thoughts.

I dunno. Maybe too much thinking.
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Well, I think the bigger problem of all this cancel culture is that there's far worse things going on in the world than the text on someone's twitter.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:53 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:49 pm which democratic party.....pre or poat 1930s?
Both. There isn't some magical difference as you have been led to beleive. There was a mass exodus of voters from the democratic party in that time frame. But the parties never "flip flopped" as they want you to beleive
https://history.house.gov/Exhibitions-a ... -New-Deal/

no they didn't explicitly and cleanly swap. There was a gradual policy shift, particularly in regards to civil rights. During this shift there were a large number of people that slowly migrated between parties to align with the one that most strongly fit their ideologies. Meaning that you have no idea which party of today "had/has deep ties to the KKK".

But....you already know that...because of...yknow....research and stuff.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

StayCurious wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:07 pm Well, I think the bigger problem of all this cancel culture is that there's far worse things going on in the world than the text on someone's twitter.
I think so too....but this thread is doing its damndest to illustrate the influence of tweets.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

StayCurious wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:07 pm Well, I think the bigger problem of all this cancel culture is that there's far worse things going on in the world than the text on someone's twitter.
Absolutely. The fact the kyrie is being canceled by the NBA Nike and everyone is trying to silence him is what is odd about it all. He technically never said anything. He just pointed out the existence of a movie/documentary. He didn't make the movie. He didn't say he agreed with everything in it. Whats he being suspended for
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TDub wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:10 pm
I think so too....but this thread is doing its damndest to illustrate the influence of tweets.
I dont think anyone even really noticed or cared about his tweet. This all snowballed from cancel culture jumping all over him for tweeting about the existence of this movie. It wasn't until the NBA suspended him that everyone was like hey what the fuck is kyrie even on about, and why is it such a big deal to them
Last edited by randylahey on Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Nike is doing damage control in fear of future loss of revenue.
Negative PR could damage future relationships with investments and customers.

You could say the same thing about the NBA.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:58 pm
Mjl wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:14 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:39 pm I'll be the asshole who says it and come off as lobster in the process. I think the repercussions that Kayne and Kyrie have faced are doing more to divide people and exacerbate "hatred" than unite people. I have to wonder who if anyone has been directing Kayne and Kyrie.
Don't get me wrong, I fully feel Kayne and Kyrie should be called out but "canceling" them isn't going to shut others up. It's going to piss them off more.
I think I'm with you on this. The context here matters.

Very shortly before Kanye's "Death con 3 [sic... I think] on the Jews" thing, he had been hanging with Candace Owens and Tucker Carlson. So the left was looking to pounce on him. So when he went off on his anti-Semitic rants, and it got publicized to high hell by Democrats to try to say Republicans are anti-Semitic. They do the same any time anyone brings up George Soros.

For one it gives me a feeling like "You guys don't actually care about anti-Semitism, you're just using us to score political points".

It also has seemingly exacerbated Jewish-Black relationships, which used to be really good, but now are suddenly going downhill really fast. I really, really don't like that.

I wish people could have just rolled their eyes and said "yep, crazy Kanye's being crazy again" and left it at that. But the politicization of it has made things worse.
Kanye terrifies the democrats because he speaks out about how harmful their policies are to the black community. And democrats desperately need that voting block. They've always treated black people poorly. Didnt even want to free them. And use and manipulate them for votes in the present day. They can't have Kanye compromising those votes by being a black voice that thinks freely and point things out
He's an anti-Semitic piece of shit. If thinking freely to you means believing insane conspiracies and blaming Jews for everything, then yeah, he should be allowed to say whatever stupid shit he wants, but he has to deal with consequences.

I was just saying the politicization of this whole thing is more harmful than just ignoring his despicable bullshit.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:52 pm I think abortion should be available but rare. The shit going on at planned parenthood is excessive. Aborting thousands and thousands of black babies every year is unbelievable. Kanye spoke out against this and they had to silence him
"The shit"? Ok, I can forgive you for thinking abortions are "shit" but are other services they provide "shit"? Things such as.....
Breast exams for cancer and then helping those who are diagnosed.
Pap tests for cancer and then helping those who are diagnosed.
HIV tests and then helping those who are diagnosed.
Testing people for STDs and then helping those who are diagnosed.
Total shit! Right? Fuck 'em!
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:14 pm Nike is doing damage control in fear of future loss of revenue.

Nike has a lot bigger problems than kyrie. They should have just swept it under the rug instead of bringing attention to it.

Nikes involvement with China and politics its whats more likely to hurt their future revenue
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:13 pm
TDub wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:10 pm
I dont think anyone even really noticed or cared about his tweet. This all snowballed from cancel culture jumping all over him for tweeting about the existence of this movie. It wasn't until the NBA suspended him that everyone was like hey what the fuck is kyrie even on about, and why is it such a big deal to them
if thats your take you havent been paying attention....this isnt a one time, cancel him for one tweet sort of deal.....

and....lets not pretend the "one tweet" wasn't completely fucking insane.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:16 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:52 pm I think abortion should be available but rare. The shit going on at planned parenthood is excessive. Aborting thousands and thousands of black babies every year is unbelievable. Kanye spoke out against this and they had to silence him
"The shit"? Ok, I can forgive you for thinking abortions are "shit" but are other services they provide "shit"? Things such as.....
Breast exams for cancer and then helping those who are diagnosed.
Pap tests for cancer and then helping those who are diagnosed.
HIV tests and then helping those who are diagnosed.
Testing people for STDs and then helping those who are diagnosed.
Total shit! Right? Fuck 'em!
I was referring to the scale of abortions that are being performed. You are right that planned parenthood does provide a lot of other good services. 100 agree with you there. And I think abortion can be a good service too. But I don't think we should be doing them by the thousands
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:05 pm I'm not religious or a republican.
Look up some data on what abortion is doing to the black community tho. The statistic are mind blowing.

Planned Parenthood clinics always seem to be in minority neighborhoods in big cities all over America. The vast majority of all abortions are to abort black babies
WRONG! The vast majority of all abortions are not to abort black babies. Where did you hear/read this?
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:12 pm
Absolutely. The fact the kyrie is being canceled by the NBA Nike and everyone is trying to silence him is what is odd about it all. He technically never said anything. He just pointed out the existence of a movie/documentary. He didn't make the movie. He didn't say he agreed with everything in it. Whats he being suspended for
Well thats the other problem in that it's all or none with how some people see things. Someone on here criticized a source I used because the site had an article that was obviously false information. Even Alex Jones is right sometimes, but no one wants to admit it.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:16 pm
pdub wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:14 pm Nike is doing damage control in fear of future loss of revenue.

Nike has a lot bigger problems than kyrie. They should have just swept it under the rug instead of bringing attention to it.

Nikes involvement with China and politics its whats more likely to hurt their future revenue
I happen to feel Nike was wrong for "suspending" him. Not sure they should have just "swept it under the rug". We all know ignoring a problem doesn't make it go away. Clearly they feel what Kyrie did and how he responded to it was a problem.
On an unrelated (except for your mentioning China) note, my guess is most people in the USA don't realize the USA makes up less than half of Nike's global sales.