Adidas and Kanye

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Adidas and Kanye

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:19 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:16 pm
randylahey wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:52 pm I think abortion should be available but rare. The shit going on at planned parenthood is excessive. Aborting thousands and thousands of black babies every year is unbelievable. Kanye spoke out against this and they had to silence him
"The shit"? Ok, I can forgive you for thinking abortions are "shit" but are other services they provide "shit"? Things such as.....
Breast exams for cancer and then helping those who are diagnosed.
Pap tests for cancer and then helping those who are diagnosed.
HIV tests and then helping those who are diagnosed.
Testing people for STDs and then helping those who are diagnosed.
Total shit! Right? Fuck 'em!
I was referring to the scale of abortions that are being performed. You are right that planned parenthood does provide a lot of other good services. 100 agree with you there. And I think abortion can be a good service too. But I don't think we should be doing them by the thousands
I agree with you in regards to feeling there are way too many abortions in this country.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

https://givingcompass.org/article/the-d ... -abortions

38.7% of abortions are to white women.

27.6% Black

24.9% Hispanic
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

crazy loves company.

follow me! click here!
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

the amount of hate in this country, and I dont just mean this topic, instance, or just one side. But all hate. Is terrifying really....and its growing.

I fear the train's left the station.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:35 pm crazy loves company.

follow me! click here!
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TDub wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:43 pm the amount of hate in this country, and I dont just mean this topic, instance, or just one side. But all hate. Is terrifying really....and its growing.

I fear the train's left the station.
I think/fear you're right.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Also, I keep seeing things about free speech yada yada...

they're not in jail for saying these things, they're not being pursued by the law. When you represent an organization, a company, a brand...they are also free to terminate their engagement with you.

Free speech doesn't mean free from consequences.
Just Ledoux it
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

You say to the press you don't want to take the covid vax, and people label you as "anti-vax". You say something critical about some small group of people, and you're labeled a "racist". Then the companies cave to the woke cancel culture crowd, which is in fact, a minority of people.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

yep..

but then again...yknow what they say

you built that bar with your own hands...felled the tree, milled the lumber, sanded and stained,, custom fit each stool....are ya "stay curious the bar builder?" no

you put your blood sweat and tears into that fence over there...are ya "stay curious the fence builder"? noo

but...ya fuck 1 sheep!
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

StayCurious wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:40 pm You say to the press you don't want to take the covid vax, and people label you as "anti-vax". You say something critical about some small group of people, and you're labeled a "racist". Then the companies cave to the woke cancel culture crowd, which is in fact, a minority of people.
There is a difference between simply saying you don't want to take a vax and leaving it at that and shitting on people who do want to take that vax and have taken the vax. I agree 100% it's asinine to label someone who didn't want to take the Covid vax as being anti vax without knowing if that person is anti vax against all vaxes.

Yes, I understand there can be a difference between being critical and being racist but I am confused as to what the size of the group that you are being critical and/or racist about matters.

I am NOT in favor of the majority of "cancel culture" but I am in favor of most people being "woke". Do you feel being "woke" is a bad thing?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

defense of the proudly ignorant is truly bizarre

edit: warren jeffs agrees though, that cancel culture and wokeness is ruining this country

:lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

TDub wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:18 pm Also, I keep seeing things about free speech yada yada...

they're not in jail for saying these things, they're not being pursued by the law. When you represent an organization, a company, a brand...they are also free to terminate their engagement with you.

Free speech doesn't mean free from consequences.
It’s not often that I agree with TDub, especially on sociopolitical issues. One has a right to say and do idiotic things but should accept the consequences of being labeled as such.

It’s amazing to see the numbers of people coming out of the woodwork defending Kyrie, Kanye and Musk. I guess it is ok now to say the things that they have been saying in private out loud now!
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

StayCurious wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:52 am Pretty much sums it up.
https://twitter.com/Jarquav94090951/sta ... 5332%2Fpg1
How are those things similar at all?
It's just deflection, deflection of anti-Semitism by evoking a piece of shit who happens to be Jewish.

Do you agree with the things Kanye has been saying?
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

Do I think he's racist? No. They were threatening his life, so it's normal for him to be angry. My post goes back to the point that Randy made above.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

If you think the “media” was silent about Epstein you belong in Lincoln’s “……some of the people all of the time” category.

Besides, is Kanye now equating himself with a sexual predator?
StayCurious

Post by StayCurious »

They did not even want to cover it at first, but had to after it was too obvious. We all know why. Powerful people on that list.

The media is struggling with this Kayne thing because they cannot call him a racist under the woke rules. Blacks cannot be racist under the woke bible.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

StayCurious wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:25 am They did not even want to cover it at first, but had to after it was too obvious. We all know why. Powerful people on that list.

The media is struggling with this Kayne thing because they cannot call him a racist under the woke rules. Blacks cannot be racist under the woke bible.
Holy shit
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

StayCurious wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:03 am Do I think he's racist? No. They were threatening his life, so it's normal for him to be angry. My post goes back to the point that Randy made above.
Who was threatening his life? He said he's "going Death Con three on the Jews", among other things. "The Jews" threatened his life? What if it he had said that about white people, do you think that would be racist?