22-23 NCAA Basketball Season

Kansas Basketball.
Mjl

Re: 22-23 NCAA Basketball Season

Post by Mjl »

I do think it'd be cool if the Big XII got three natties in a row, be it KState or Texas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:27 am
shindig wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:09 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:02 am

I personally find it quite easy not to root for K-State.
Ha, not saying I want them to win it all, but I'd be fine if they get to the Final 4. They are a fun team to watch and play hard, something lacking in KU's team this year.
A sizeable chunk of their fanbase have treated KU fans, coaches and players like shot and I hope they suffer season after season. I do not want them to have anything enjoyable because they are insufferable jerks.

I am sure I can find other non-KU teams who are fun to watch and who play hard. Screw them.
i was trying to explain this to my wife

she made a comment about how it’d be nice for them since they’ve never won it
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Mjl wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:40 am I do think it'd be cool if the Big XII got three natties in a row, be it KState or Texas
if only it were two different conference teams
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Texas- If they do win it….in 5 years People will think the SEC won this year’s title.

K-State- Two coach isn’t wrong here. A great deal of their fan base seems to have an amazing amount of venom towards KU, which makes it more difficult to want them to succeed.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:40 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:27 am
shindig wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:09 am

Ha, not saying I want them to win it all, but I'd be fine if they get to the Final 4. They are a fun team to watch and play hard, something lacking in KU's team this year.
A sizeable chunk of their fanbase have treated KU fans, coaches and players like shot and I hope they suffer season after season. I do not want them to have anything enjoyable because they are insufferable jerks.

I am sure I can find other non-KU teams who are fun to watch and who play hard. Screw them.
i was trying to explain this to my wife

she made a comment about how it’d be nice for them since they’ve never won it
Some people don't take the vitriol as personally as I do, I suppose. KSU fans have said some downright nasty things about and towards KU hoops, our coach, our players and our fans. I don't ever forget that. I hope that KSU fans go the rest of their lives never having celebrated a Final Four or national title. Good for them getting to the Elite Eight; I hope they lose right at the cusp and that it really stings because this caliber of season isn't going to happen all that often for them.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:46 am Texas- If they do win it….in 5 years People will think the SEC won this year’s title.

K-State- Two coach isn’t wrong here. A great deal of their fan base seems to have an amazing amount of venom towards KU, which makes it more difficult to want them to succeed.
If "people" think that then those people are dumb and there are tens of millions of dumb people out there so it wouldn't surprise me. But I don't really care what the thoughts and opinions of dumb people are.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Mjl wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:40 am I do think it'd be cool if the Big XII got three natties in a row, be it KState or Texas
I think it would be awesome if Texas won a national title for no other reason than that they have treated Rodney Terry with so much disrespect by not hiring him full time. Force those old white assholes to give him the job that he has already earned.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Sure. I get that. But it’s also effing Texas. Not sure their fan base is any more sufferable than K-State’s. Maybe even worse.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:56 pm Sure. I get that. But it’s also effing Texas. Not sure their fan base is any more sufferable than K-State’s. Maybe even worse.
Their basketball fans are casuals. I honestly have never even had an interaction with a Texas basketball fan. They certainly don't crawl through social media platforms injecting a Little Brother Syndrome all over all things Kansas like KSU fans do.

But I agree with "f Texas". Maybe I will dial it back and say that I wouldn't mind them making the FF but losing prior to the championship. That's probably a more accurate assessment of where I am with regards to Texas. But KSU can F off and choke in another EE and I'd be thrilled.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

you got a real bad case of deranged "they are still dancing and we are not" syndrome. you better get that looked at. i will call the wahmbulance for you.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

That’s all fair.

And if your claim of them being ‘casual’ bball fans is true, more reason for them to lose.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I think I have to cheer for Creighton now.....I dont want anyone else to win anything.
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’ve got no issues cheering like hell for FAU, Creighton, SDSU, or Princeton
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

yea, good point...Ill go with that.

If I had to Id include Xavier in that
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i almost added them to the list
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

FAU is kind of a team full of assholes that have no reason. I get they have a certain "swag" about them, but they also seem like jerks.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

when compared to KSU, Texas, the Alabama penitentiary yard team, Zaga and Uconn.....

yea....im gonna cheer for FAU
Just Ledoux it
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:51 pm FAU is kind of a team full of assholes that have no reason. I get they have a certain "swag" about them, but they also seem like jerks.
see, i feel like that about statie and tejas
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Go Houston
Go Zags

And that's about it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Go FAU. Go Creighton. Go Xavier. Go Zags.
If that's the Final Four, i'll win my bracket and I wouldn't mind any of those teams winning the whole thing.