ousdahl

Big Dick Energy

Post by ousdahl »

no pun intended.
ousdahl

Re: Big Dick Energy

Post by ousdahl »

for real you guys.

Last year I started the Ochai senior year thread and that thread turned out alright.

and this year I was gonna start a thread for Junior Jalen but we already have that somewhere.

So the pleasure goes to Gradey.

Legit might be goat shooter.

and also might be the prototypical small ball 4

if he gets some ink.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I don't think it's a big stretch to wonder if he's the best shooter in the country.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Has a Zags equilizer quality.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

might be legit 6'8", and the way he catches it high and just keeps going up, oh baby
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We need to get more guys from Sunrise Academy. Well coached and play against only elite competition.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

There is a real Maravich vibe. Would be nice if he stayed four years, but I would sign him now if I was a GM.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Enjoy the next 5-6 months of him in a KU uniform.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It's just Pitt State, a D-2, so of course should pump the brakes a little. But, usually the thing I'm worried about with someone shooting well against inferior competition is wondering if they can get their shot off against Power 5 athletes. That doesn't look like it will be a problem with that release.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

23 points in 20 minutes tonight
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

One game against Pitt St and people are letting the Pistol Pete references fly...
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

InfiniteJ wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:04 pm One game against Pitt St and people are letting the Pistol Pete references fly...
Best debut since Manning though. The kid is confident with his shot. Best pure shooter since Calvin or Stallworth.
Deleted User 863

Sparko wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:07 pm
InfiniteJ wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:04 pm One game against Pitt St and people are letting the Pistol Pete references fly...
Best debut since Manning though. The kid is confident with his shot. Best pure shooter since Calvin or Stallworth.
People compared Ben McLemore to Ray Allen when he was here.

I'll say Gradey appears to be the best shooter since McLemore and save the crazy over the top stuff for the rest of you guys.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The game comes natural to Grady already. Has a confidence we haven't seen in a long time in a newbie. Shoots FTs too.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:00 pm 23 points in 20 minutes tonight
wait I mean 20 points in 23 minutes, oops

on 9 shots
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:57 pm It's just Pitt State, a D-2, so of course should pump the brakes a little. But, usually the thing I'm worried about with someone shooting well against inferior competition is wondering if they can get their shot off against Power 5 athletes. That doesn't look like it will be a problem with that release.
Maybe the highest release since Brannen Greene?
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Probably, but Dick's release is quicker and he's able to create more space for himself with his feet. Greene was too easy to guard. Dick has enough talent to get up the amount of 3's guys like McLemore and Svi did.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yea, I don't know if we've seen anyone with shooting mechanics as good as Dick.

And yea, he looks like a superior athlete who moves better than Greene ever did.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah I was just speaking in terms of height of release.

Opposing teams can't run at Dick and try to clamp him down, because he'll go right to the hole without any hesitation and score.

He's athletic enough for different positions and has many different ways to put the ball in the hole. Whether it's a deep shot, a penetration to the hole or whatever it may be.

Him and McCullars are going to be the scoring rocks for this team, I believe. McCullars will do it with hustle and defense to offense kind of stuff. Dick is a straight offensive weapon.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 863

I do not think McCullar will be a scoring "rock", but I agree Gradey will. As will Jalen.

Outside of those 2, we just need a few different guys each night to get theirs. Nobody else has shown a consistency shooting that gives me much comfort.

The lineup we started last night had DH as the 2nd best shooter on the floor to start the game. I assume Gradey starts from here on out though.