Contributor

Re: Big Dick Energy

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:07 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:34 am
pdub wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:01 am Lol at the stater:

Defensive Liability
College, probably not. NBA, probably.
He'll get better. He does rebound his position well, tries to help out to get steals on double teams and is willing to scrap and dive for loose balls so he isn't a disaster on defense but he does get blown past here and there. 20 pounds of muscle and a few more years with a trainer to improve his technique will work.
I, for one, think he's a major defensive liability. I mean, he's draftable, but he has no chance at sticking in the league without more seasoning.

At the college level.

This college.

Mine.

DEFENSIVE LIABILITY, I say.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

all kids should stay in school.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Defensive Liability
ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:02 pm 10. Washington Wizards: Gradey Dick (Kansas, SF, Freshman)

Washington could see Dick as a surefire asset to their rotation with his 6'8" size, special shooting skill and defensive toughness. He comes off as a high-floor prospect, but he also has a path to upside with his shot-making versatility and athletic finishes.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/100 ... e-deadline
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Defensive Liability
He'll get better. He does rebound his position well, tries to help out to get steals on double teams and is willing to scrap and dive for loose balls so he isn't a disaster on defense but he does get blown past here and there. 20 pounds of muscle and a few more years with a trainer to improve his technique will work.
I too often bring up the fact that Scottie Pippen was not a good defender when he came in to the league. A lot of defense can be learned - and then it becomes desire. I'm not saying Mr. Dick will ever be Scottie Pippen on defense but the guy can definitely improve - if he plays in the NBA.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:09 am

I, for one, think he's a major defensive liability. I mean, he's draftable, but he has no chance at sticking in the league without more seasoning.

At the college level.

This college.

Mine.

His defense is not good at all. And the liability part really comes into play for this team in terms of him not being able to stay out of foul trouble.

But, there's nothing I've seen that says to me he can't be a serviceable defender at the next level with development. He's not super quick, but also not super not quick, and he's a pretty good up and down athlete. He'll be fine and he's going to play at least 15 years in the NBA.
surly

Post by surly »

Dick needs to add weight and muscle to reach his potential even at the collegiate level. Whether that matters to the NBA, IDK?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:35 am

At the college level.

This college.

Mine.

His defense is not good at all. And the liability part really comes into play for this team in terms of him not being able to stay out of foul trouble.

But, there's nothing I've seen that says to me he can't be a serviceable defender at the next level with development. He's not super quick, but also not super not quick, and he's a pretty good up and down athlete. He'll be fine and he's going to play at least 15 years in the NBA.
Yes but we agree he needs to come back.

Right?

RIGHT?
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:42 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:35 am

At the college level.

This college.

Mine.

Yes but we agree he needs to come back.

Right?

RIGHT?
Adidas and KU donors can make him a millionaire next season here. Get it done.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

No one can convince me the kid can play quality minutes in the NBA next season.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Eh.
He’s going lotto. He’s got a ton of talent and has the build.
You go.

But yea, if he goes, just another one and done ending on a bad game though.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:02 pm No one can convince me the kid can play quality minutes in the NBA next season.
Probably kind of shut himself down
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:02 pm No one can convince me the kid can play quality minutes in the NBA next season.
I 100% agree, but the NBA drafts on potential. He needs to get stronger, that’s for sure. And it doesn’t matter if he stays or goes league.
Last edited by ArgentineHawk on Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I mean, he should prob go if he's anything first round.

But, maaaaybe, there's some magic combo of NIL + the chance to be high lotto and the face of BB, that could keep him around.
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:07 pm I mean, he should prob go if he's anything first round.

But, maaaaybe, there's some magic combo of NIL + the chance to be high lotto and the face of BB, that could keep him around.
I’m hoping the same thing.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

Projected #8 pick...he has no business coming back.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He’s a lotto lock.
He could even go top 10.

I’d love him to return if he really is as big a Kansas fan as he says but I understand how this stuff is today.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

He had some games where he took over and some like today he wanted to check his portfolio. One and dones.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

He absolutely should go if he's a projected lottery pick and I will wish him the best if he does.
Of course he's not going to be an NBA starter next season but I laugh out loud when I think about him playing against current NBA All-Stars. They will/would eat him alive both offensively and defensively.