Big Dick Energy

Kansas Basketball.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Big Dick Energy

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

AlOerter wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:53 pm Gradey sent to the G league. Would have been nice to have him back this year to help our pathetic 3 point shooting.

https://throughthephog.com/2023/11/28/k ... adey-dick/
He has been mentioned in the Jayhawks in the NBA thread.
Not funny thing is both you and Trad say we could use his 3 point shooting this season. Yes, we could use his NCAA/KU 3 point shooting but his NBA shooting this season has been horrendous. Including in the G-League.
I assume not too many people take in to account the "great shooter" that he was at KU, there were a considerable amount of games he was terrible.
It's still very early and I figure he can/will only get better but call me crazy, I questioned how/why he was a lottery pick. Yeah, yeah, yeah. "Potential". I hope the guy proves me wrong.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Gradey 83 - 206 for .403 last season. Only Hunter and Jank have a better percentage so far and not near the volume.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Three point line further back and NBA perimeter defense way better if the opposing team is trying that night ( and probably even if they aren’t ).
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Yeah, Gradey blames the deeper line. https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/raptor ... A%20career.

Valid excuse but.....
Breaking down his shooting stats I quickly learned he's 1-6 from 3 to 10 feet and 0-4 from 10-16 feet.

I'll start a rumor to justify his struggles.
Something like.... "My Man" Gradey has been babysitting Adonis Graham and Adonis accidentally poked him in the eye while shooting hoops at Drake's house and because of it Gradey's sight has been blurred.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

All reasons why he should have stayed another year.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

While I don’t disagree, and would also love to have him back, I can also think of 21,422,551 reasons why he made the right decision
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:25 pm While I don’t disagree, and would also love to have him back, I can also think of 21,422,551 reasons why he made the right decision
Oh no doubt the right decision for him, maybe not for the Jayhawks.