Kansas (+3.5) @ Texas Tech

Kansas Football.
AlOerter
Contributor

Re: Kansas (+3.5) @ Texas Tech

Post by AlOerter »

Bottom line in this game - both defenses were bad - their QB was better than our QB.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I obviously didn’t watch the TCU Texas game but what the hell happened to Texas?

28 rushing yards.
171 passing.
No offensive touchdowns.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

I just want to say after bashing him, Bean is a great kid who cares a lot about his teammates and this program. No one will feel worse about those mistakes than he does.
Jayhawkerr

Post by Jayhawkerr »

pdub wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:50 pm Bean had almost 300 yards of offense and 4 TDs.

He turned it over once but at a very crucial moment.*

*that was not an interception in the first

If your QB has 300 yards and your RB 200 then the issue is most likely ( and it is ) your defense.
He had to play better to keep up with Tech’s offense. Defense wasn’t a strength tonight. A healthy JD could have made a difference. Bean had good numbers tonight but he needed great numbers to win this one.
LosCondorAzule
Contributor

Post by LosCondorAzule »

pdub wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:08 pm I obviously didn’t watch the TCU Texas game but what the hell happened to Texas?

28 rushing yards.
171 passing.
No offensive touchdowns.
Yeah I am hoping for the same production (from Texas) next week!
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

It is good that we were in this until the last few minutes. It's easy to forget in the heat of a game you know you can win how far this program has come in the last 2 years. The effort was there. Rock Chalk! Let's win the next one.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Borcila must kick from between the hashes. Bean should run more. Bean needs to leave the pocket. Needed turnovers. Don't defer. Give the defense momentum.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I’m not going to bash these guys because they are Jayhawks but, yeah the kicker stunk tonight. Bean wasn’t the issue to me. He just picked the worst time to make his biggest mistake.

More glaring to me was the defensive effort. Was it a great game plan, no but a lot I saw was a lack of effort. Guys not hustling, not lining up properly and most importantly not wanting to hit. A coordinator can call the perfect play but if a guy doesn’t want to wrap up and hit it really doesn’t matter what you call.

Disappointing we let this one slip away.
Holidaysmore - 2005
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Lack of effort was pronounced on defense. Just not hitting
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:08 pm I obviously didn’t watch the TCU Texas game but what the hell happened to Texas?

28 rushing yards.
171 passing.
No offensive touchdowns.
I watched pretty much the entire game.
My synopsis......
What happened to Texas' offense was TCU's defense - which played outstanding. That and Ewers blows. Obviously Robinson wasn't good either. Texas' play calling was very questionable too.
On the other side, Texas' defense played outstanding 90-95% of the game.
I have no idea what I think will happen when "we" play them. Without giving it too much thought, their offense probably isn't going to play worse against our fair at best defense - but like I said, Ewers blows.
I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't start for them.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.