KU +9 vs Texas (Senior Day)

Kansas Football.
Sparko
Contributor

Re: KU +9 vs Texas (Senior Day)

Post by Sparko »

It is hard to get upset at a team that lost to the pro talent and size in UT. They were motivated. The door can't hit their ass fast enough. Still mad the refs cut out the heart of the small rally. Plus a spectacular play by Jared. I think the score might have moderated.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Sparko wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:05 pmIt is hard to get upset at a team that lost to the pro talent and size in UT.
I still can't believe we beat them last year, just so much beef.

College football is maybe the most avalanche sport there is. Overmatched on the line, an injury or two, etc. and you can be down by 30+ real quick. Happened to Oklahoma State in the blink of an eye.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:05 pm
AlOerter wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:58 am
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:47 am Liepold signed a 6 year contract. While KU may give him an extension and/or raise, if he/KU Football sucked this season would he have given money back to the University?
If Leipold cares about "getting paid" at KU in the future - he needs to get rid of several members of his coaching staff pretty damn soon.
Who would you get rid of?
Defensive coaches. Our defense has been garbage.
Can't scheme your way out of physical domination. I want to see what they can do with more Jimmys and Joes on that side of the ball (and if they can recruit them) first.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:31 pm You know this is their SECOND season, right?
With only 1 full recruiting cycle too. They’ve been on campus for 18 months. That’s it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
nu_bronco

Post by nu_bronco »

It takes time. We all know this. We can't fire any of the coaching staff. This staff has been together a long time and will improve the defense with more recruits but it won't happen in one recruiting class.

I hope we target some d-line that are nasty that are ready to play. I think our secondary will look better with more pressure from the line. Also, want to see some more linebackers to provide more depth.