Ancient apocalypse - netflix

Coffee talk.
randylahey

Ancient apocalypse - netflix

Post by randylahey »

randylahey

Re: Ancient apocalypse - netflix

Post by randylahey »

Any of you guys watched this? This guy examining evidence around the world believes an advanced civilization crashed at about 10900 BC. Do to a great calamity humanity faced already. And talks about the evidence all over the world for it. Ties into the lost legend of atlantis
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

This is called adductive logic. You can use it to "prove" absolutely anything you want to "prove".

Your entire method of figuring out what is true and what isn't is completely fucked
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I do tend to believe there may have been ancient civilizations that were more advanced than we give them credit. I'm not sure any of it is provable. But, its interesting, if nothing else.

Then again, Ancient aliens is somewhat entertaining and its not very believable.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:33 pm I do tend to believe there may have been ancient civilizations that were more advanced than we give them credit. I'm not sure any of it is provable. But, its interesting, if nothing else.

Then again, Ancient aliens is somewhat entertaining and its not very believable.

Come on man, Aliens were totally at Valley Forge with George. (Yes, that was a real episode)
Defense. Rebounds.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

randy is slipping into lobster territory.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Mjl wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:28 pm This is called adductive logic. You can use it to "prove" absolutely anything you want to "prove".

Your entire method of figuring out what is true and what isn't is completely fucked
Did I say anything besides "have you guys seen this?" Did I say any of it was true?

I literally took no stance. And you assumed some shit. Youre the one who is fucked

Anyways its an intriguing show. Intriguing stuff to think about
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TDub wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:33 pm I do tend to believe there may have been ancient civilizations that were more advanced than we give them credit. I'm not sure any of it is provable. But, its interesting, if nothing else.

Lol ancient aliens is fucked. But entertaining.
Ancient apocalypse is wayyyyyy more realistic, if that clears up that up for anybody
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

All this guy studies is some old megalithic structures that predate when mainstream archeology believes humans were building things of that scale. Predates it by thousands of years. He just believes there is a lot of lost/forgotten human history
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

And these structures are found all over the world. How is it possible there are structures all over the world when mainstream history believes we didn't come out of the hunter/gatherer phase until 4000 years ago.
Yet we keep finding things structure that date back to 10000+ years ago
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

randylahey wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:52 am And these structures are found all over the world. How is it possible there are structures all over the world when mainstream history believes we didn't come out of the hunter/gatherer phase until 4000 years ago.
Yet we keep finding things structure that date back to 10000+ years ago
wait...what? Where are you getting those numbers?

Its generally believed that we stopped solely hunting and gathering and developed early agriculture approximately 11-12,000 years ago.

We 100% have proof of Mesopotamia existing as an advanced society circa 4000 BCE. Thats 6,000 years ago.

You're dates are way off.
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

*4000 BC. Mesopotamia is often accredited as kind of the dawn of civilization tho. This documentary covers whats considered a forgotten chapter in human history and talks about how advanced megalithic structures were being built thousands and thousands of years before that. And discusses and extinction level event that occurred in 10900 BC. That so many cultures have ancient myths about a flood

And he shows the geologic evidence of this. And we saw an extinction of a lot of megafauna at this time frame too
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

TDub wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:40 am Its generally believed that we stopped solely hunting and gathering and developed early agriculture approximately 11-12,000 years ago.
This.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'd consider giving it a watch if there was nothing else I was watching though.
Conspiracy psuedo science can be good entertainment.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Its basically trying to apply science to what little we know about early human history of advanced civilizations. Where there isn't written record of everything. But various tales have been passed down through the generations as myths or religious beliefs
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

I wouldn't call it a conspiracy show. He takes real evidence of ancient megalithic structures and geological record. All things very real and set in stone
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"basically trying to apply science"

From what i've read, it's not.
I haven't watched it though so perhaps I'm wrong.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:29 am randy is slipping into lobster territory.
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »