KU +12 at kstate

Kansas Football.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: KU +12 at kstate

Post by jhawks99 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:00 am Of course the season exceeded expectations (well, not 99s expectations) and the players and coaches deserve a lot of praise but no matter how we sugarcoat it, Going 1-6 in the last 7 games and finishing 8th in the conference is terrible for most programs.

99 said bowl or bust. We achieved that. I'm pretty happy. I wish we would have beat the taters cuz I did a lot of smack talking to my tater loving son in law.
Defense. Rebounds.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:49 am el oh el Gutter..

In a bowl game. Hosted College Gameday for the first time ever. Tied for 7th in Big 12 Standings (Not last for first time in like 10 years) Scored more points than they gave up all year. 4-2 at home.

A++ Season. 2023 season might be easier. Won't play all conference teams.

Exciting season. Exciting future. Let's go!
This guy gets it.

Some folks can stand at Niagara Falls and complain it’s wet
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

OK SUNSHINE BOYS
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

I get it. We have been so bad for so long you really can not comprehend what good is. Cool. I understand. But you need to understand that we should not in any way accept less than good.
Good is not giving up 50+ points, You freaking fucking CLOWNS. Excuse my FRENCH.

You think we going to get better but I can tell you the defense is not going to improve. NO CHANCE,

We would have seen the adjustments this year. There were none. We play a vanilla 4-3. 100% VANILLA. We make zero adjustments. For sure that defense would dominate DIV3.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

hartjack8 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:04 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:05 am Borland probably has one more season or else he'll have to find a different place of employment. Kotelnicki and others have proved their worth. Borland really hasn't.
By far the biggest problem. We didn't have depth problems on the DL. You guys need to start looking at the guys we are losing. What position they played and who we have coming, you going to see we losing a lot of depth and experience in places that did not perform. The defense did not perform any better than last year and that is trouble. This staff added a lot of transfers but the HS recruiting is not up to what Les was doing.
Look on the offensive side of the ball we get A grade and we need to stay healthy. The defense is trash and that is on the coach. You want to say we need better players. Good Luck.
Buffalo gave up 32.3 ppg in 2016, Leipold and Borland's 2nd year, to giving up 21.9 ppg in 2020, their final year at Buffalo. 10 ppg improvement.

During the same time span they went from scoring 16.5 ppg to 43.4 ppg. Clearly the most improvement was on offense. The defense improved, just not as much as the offense. I would say if the defense stinks again next year Leipold will have no choice but to look for a new D-coordinator but they did show significant improvement on defense at their last stop. Whether any of that translates to Big 12 football remains to be seen. The offense has.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

AlOerter wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:10 pm
hartjack8 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:04 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:05 am Borland probably has one more season or else he'll have to find a different place of employment. Kotelnicki and others have proved their worth. Borland really hasn't.
By far the biggest problem. We didn't have depth problems on the DL. You guys need to start looking at the guys we are losing. What position they played and who we have coming, you going to see we losing a lot of depth and experience in places that did not perform. The defense did not perform any better than last year and that is trouble. This staff added a lot of transfers but the HS recruiting is not up to what Les was doing.
Look on the offensive side of the ball we get A grade and we need to stay healthy. The defense is trash and that is on the coach. You want to say we need better players. Good Luck.
Buffalo gave up 32.3 ppg in 2016, Leipold and Borland's 2nd year, to giving up 21.9 ppg in 2020, their final year at Buffalo. 10 ppg improvement.

During the same time span they went from scoring 16.5 ppg to 43.4 ppg. Clearly the most improvement was on offense. The defense improved, just not as much as the offense. I would say if the defense stinks again next year Leipold will have no choice but to look for a new D-coordinator but they did show significant improvement on defense at their last stop. Whether any of that translates to Big 12 football remains to be seen. The offense has.
The personal waiting for this coaching staff was 100% there on offense. It shows now and if they can keep it up it is going to be on them. But understand those players are not these coaches recruits besides some of the transfers they brought in from Buffalo. Those days are done. Now we do have the number one ranked recruit of all time coming in from Wisconsin and a really good HS wr. The defense is the problem. We did have the Jimmy's and Joe's . We are going to see a drop off next year. More are leaving than we have coming as well as IT DOES NOT MATTER cause we do not have any clue.

You want to see adjustments. Look at the Bengals defense. The Bengals defense in the second half was unreal. The players did not change. What happened was the scheme changed. 100% the DC. I have no clue what his name is but the DC for the Bengals beat the Chiefs in the AFC last year.

I am telling you we ran the same vanilla defense as last year.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:13 am the key word being “most”
Bingo!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:23 am Vegas had us winning 2.5.
We smashed that.
Indeed we did. That's what should make the players, coaches, and fans, rightfully feel good.
Definitely a better season than was expected by most.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:49 am el oh el Gutter..

In a bowl game. Hosted College Gameday for the first time ever. Tied for 7th in Big 12 Standings (Not last for first time in like 10 years) Scored more points than they gave up all year. 4-2 at home.

A++ Season. 2023 season might be easier. Won't play all conference teams.

Exciting season. Exciting future. Let's go!
Absolutely an exciting season. One collectively everyone involved should be very pleased with.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I will say this, it was fun watching KU football this year.

Been a while to say that
surly

Post by surly »

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Very much in line with Leipold.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I support KSU tying themselves to someone not as good as Snyder.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

KU will no doubt have to do similar in basketball when Self retires. Hall of fame coaches, no matter the sport, are hard to come by. I just hope the talent (and interior size) gap is noticeably lessened this year.

Easy to overlook team lost 7/8 to finish, and by almost exclusively widening margins, minus k-state (kinda) and Arkansas (thanks to a whirlwind finish).

Last season we were all shocked, amazed, and elated at the start of the season. And rightfully so. I’m going in cautiously optimistic this season. In addition to beating (competing)with k-state, I’d really like to beat either Tejas or BS this year.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:45 am KU will no doubt have to do similar in basketball when Self retires. Hall of fame coaches, no matter the sport, are hard to come by. I just hope the talent (and interior size) gap is noticeably lessened this year.

Easy to overlook team lost 7/8 to finish, and by almost exclusively widening margins, minus k-state (kinda) and Arkansas (thanks to a whirlwind finish).

Last season we were all shocked, amazed, and elated at the start of the season. And rightfully so. I’m going in cautiously optimistic this season. In addition to beating (competing)with k-state, I’d really like to beat either Tejas or BS this year.
I hear ya. Just wanted to point out this part. Jalon missed 5 of those 8 games and probably shouldn't have played in the Texas game. He wasn't ready for that game. Probably wasn't fully ready for the kstate game either. But he toughed it out.

If he stays healthy, Kansas will be very good.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
surly

Post by surly »

Sparko wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:00 pm I support KSU tying themselves to someone not as good as Snyder.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

I don’t disagree. If we analyze first 5 games, though, does it indicate things aren’t happening to the mean? And when he was out, and after his return, they evened a little? I don’t know, but the eye test had me (very happily) cheering on way more positives than usual for us.

Same thing for Mahomes during first Super Bowl run….and then, conversely, in the stretch where balls kept bouncing straight to defenders.

Again, I’m cautious optimistic…fanboy side of me is excited to see growth.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

surly wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:16 am
Sparko wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:00 pm I support KSU tying themselves to someone not as good as Snyder.
And how much lesser? Depends on quarterbacks.
surly

Post by surly »

well, klieman sent skylar thompson to the nfl. earlier it was easton stick, carson wentz, and trey lance from ndsu. k-state qb will howard seems to have some cachet. and then there's 4* avery johnson in the bullpen. i'd say his qb room has been and remains reasonably healthy.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

KU football seems to be headed in the right direction.