Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

What if anything do you plan to buy?

Here is my current mood/attitude.....

Fuck Black Friday and Cyber Monday. One of the reasons I say that is because I estimate more than 50% of the entities who have Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales pull either bait and switches, mark up the prices of items they then put on sale, or some other bullshit scam.

Perfect example......
This morning I received a 15% discount code for SeatGeek. To me, 15% means exactly what it says, 15% - unless there is some disclaimer/stipulation/whatever.
When I went to use the 15% discount, they gave me a discount that wasn't 15%.
I reached out to them and they claimed the discount was the price of the ticket minus the service fees and applicable taxes/surcharges/etc.
I said to myself that's NOT fine but it is what it is and accepted their response.
When I went to use the 15% discount on-line and pay for the ticket - again, it then said up to $25 (as the total discount). WTF?
Regardless of the change, this was the email message I received today.....

It may not be Cyber Monday yet, but that isn’t stopping us from giving you 15% off your next order on SeatGeek.
Get 15% off tickets with code SEATSGIVING15* through Monday.

Yes, there is an * after the discount code but..... There is NOTHING in the email that states it's anything other than an actual 15% discount and ZERO mention of only up to $25.

Like I said, fuck Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Hey, have a happy Thanksgiving!
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Post by TDub »

its all a scam
Just Ledoux it
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

TDub wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:56 amits all a scam
Yep. You can save a few bucks if you are buying something you intended to anyways. But its basically corporate America manipulating Americans into spending extra money on shit they don't need. And then someone the consumers are convinced they saved money
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

100 dollar item on black Friday sale for 70 dollars!!! Woah i saved 30 bucks!

Nope. You spent 70
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

more like ....$100 item marked up to $130 and sold at a sale price of $100.....great deal....
Just Ledoux it