Pronouns

Ugh.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: Pronouns

Post by KUTradition »

your posts speak for themselves
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

randylahey wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:53 am Nope. I dont condone violent attacks, but thanks for another bullshit assumption about me Kutrad

I also don't condone "affirming/transitioning minors

We are failing our children. They need more love and guidance. That way they don't grow up confused and violent
Yes, more love and guidance!

Particularly for the kids who grow up to be transphobic assholes committing violence upon they/them.

That’s the real “failing our children”
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:53 am Nope. I dont condone violent attacks, but thanks for another bullshit assumption about me Kutrad

We are failing our children. They need more love and guidance. That way they don't grow up confused and violent
For so long as you categorically consider transsexuality to be mental illness, I categorically consider everything you have to say on matters of gender and sexuality to be irrelevant.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:50 pm

For so long as you categorically consider transsexuality to be mental illness, I categorically consider everything you have to say on matters of gender and sexuality to be irrelevant.
Do you think believing that you are in the wrong body is a thought that a normal healthy mind would have?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:49 am

Yes, more love and guidance!

Particularly for the kids who grow up to be transphobic assholes committing violence upon they/them.

That’s the real “failing our children”
If they had more love and guidance earlier in life, they are far less likely to grow up being violent assholes
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

randylahey wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:16 pm

Do you think believing that you are in the wrong body is a thought that a normal healthy mind would have?
Perhaps a normal healthy mind wouldn’t try to label oneself’s own or another’s body as “wrong” in the first place
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Who are you (or I) to say what a "normal healthy mind" believes on on matters of gender and sexuality?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:37 pm

Who are you (or I) to say what a "normal healthy mind" believes on on matters of gender and sexuality?
Far too many people simply define "normal" as "like me" because they do not have either the mental capacity or the empathy to picture what life is like for the humans who are not like them.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

if it’s not encapsulated in randi’s world view or life experience, it MUST be abnormal
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Normal. As in the body you naturally exist in. Not the one you are undergoing treatments to try to obtain. It's simple
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:53 pm Normal. As in the body you naturally exist in. Not the one you are undergoing treatments to try to obtain. It's simple
So, anyone taking medication of any kind is "mentally ill?"
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Are you guys this passionate in defending the sanity of transabled and transracial people too? Or just transgendered
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:09 pm Are you guys this passionate in defending the sanity of transabled and transracial people too? Or just transgendered
I think you are having a hard time following. YOU are the one diagnosing an entire category of people as "mentally ill."
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Let's say jfish is transabled. He is not handicapped but identifies as a handicapped person, even though his body works perfectly fine, and there is nothing wrong with his body as is. And he wants all the perks and benefits of a disabled person, and to be treated as such. Should we affirm his disability?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

randylahey wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:43 pm Let's say jfish is transabled. He is not handicapped but identifies as a handicapped person, even though his body works perfectly fine, and there is nothing wrong with his body as is. And he wants all the perks and benefits of a disabled person, and to be treated as such. Should we affirm his disability?
That is quite a knot you are trying to tie there...
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Pick whatever rube rhetorical device you’d like - it’s moving the goalposts, it’s strawman, it’s false equivalency.

But mostly it’s just mindless garden variety gibberish, straight from echo chamber to keyboard.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Here’s another friendly reminder that Nazi Germany went after trans/LGBTQ folks before going after other folks.

It was a sort of litmus test to see how much oppression the folks at the mall would tolerate.

It’s a big reason why they/them stand with they/them.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

OK so you are triggered by the transabled thing. If a man wants to identity as being disabled, even though he clearly is not, we don't seem to want to accept that. Because it makes no sense

Now let's try transracial. Let's say jfish is a white man, who wants to identity as a black man instead. He expects everyone to affirm his blackness and recognize him for that identity. Do we accept that jfish is now a black man? Even though he clearly has white genetics
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

white genetics

:lol:

idiot