Pronouns

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Pronouns

Post by ousdahl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:29 pm While the conspiracies thread is the most depressing thing I've read in years, this thread provides me no small amount of joy.

Also:
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:43 am "like Saturn, the Revolution devours its children,"
Yea, that’s the thing! On a personal level I’ve been super cool to them, sharing snacks and whatnot

and also tried to get them on bored with Qusdahl like hey yo homegirl, I mean homethem, let’s overthrow the patriarchy and seize the means of production and start this revolution!

But they just aren’t interested.

Cuz it turns out, they’re less some forward-thinking progressive themself, and more just another egocentric attention-starved brat.

So yea, I dunno whose take in this thread is the most on point:

either DC’s, or my brother’s.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:36 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:29 pm While the conspiracies thread is the most depressing thing I've read in years, this thread provides me no small amount of joy.

Also:
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:43 am "like Saturn, the Revolution devours its children,"
I'm finding the Conspiracies thread to be quite a lot of fun.
I think the conversation about laceless shoes really knocked DC back on his heels.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ok so I gotta ask…

and there’s the issue of gender and sports and stuff, which I dunno if we got to in this thread yet either

so they’re the type who can’t not be the center of attention. Like, in any conversation about anything, they shamelessly interrupt anyone else talking to somehow make the conversation about themself.

Like when another coworker and I were talking about the covered wagon challenge. They suddenly start up about how I suck at skiing and am gonna loose and they know for sure cuz they grew up skiing and know way more about skiing than me and they know I suck.

So who was the bigger asshole?

- them, for interrupting with that shit

- me for replying simply with, “wanna race?”
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Adult advice: do your job and stop socializing so much at work. It doesn't seem to be going well for you.

What happened to that new job anyway? I can't keep all your "stories" straight.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

lol you can't keep my stories STRAIGHT in the pronouns thread

good one illy!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and since you asked:

would you still be telling me to "do (my) job and stop socializing so much" (about skiing), if I told you my job is in the ski industry?

kinda surprised you didn't already figure that much out from Venmo
Deleted User 863

The topics you discuss with coworkers are the exact topics any HR person would recommend you avoid in the workplace.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

that's like saying an HR person never talks about HR in the workplace either
Deleted User 863

Huh?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:36 am The topics you discuss with coworkers are the exact topics any HR person would recommend you avoid in the workplace.
I doubt that any of these conversations actually happen.
Deleted User 863

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:35 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 8:36 am The topics you discuss with coworkers are the exact topics any HR person would recommend you avoid in the workplace.
I doubt that any of these conversations actually happen.
Well, there's that too.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

guess I'll just ask about this conversation that never actually happened here too then:

so a client came into work the other day. He/him casually mentions he's of Cuban descent, and then suddenly starts ranting about how the big bad commies came and took his family's big nice Cuban property away, and they had to flee to Merica way back when he was a little kid. (He's geezer age now btw.)

for the sake of professionalism I thought it was NOT an appropriate thing to discuss at work, particularly with a client, but I couldn't help but wonder:

do you think maybe the big scary evil boogeyman commies took his family's property cuz maybe their property was like some sorta slave plantation or factory town or something?

no, that couldn't possibly be it. The only real explanation is, commies bad.
Deleted User 863

This is becoming sad, maybe even somewhat scary.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 10:36 am guess I'll just ask about this conversation that never actually happened here too then:

so a client came into work the other day. He/him casually mentions he's of Cuban descent, and then suddenly starts ranting about how the big bad commies came and took his family's big nice Cuban property away, and they had to flee to Merica way back when he was a little kid. (He's geezer age now btw.)

for the sake of professionalism I thought it was NOT an appropriate thing to discuss at work, particularly with a client, but I couldn't help but wonder:

do you think maybe the big scary evil boogeyman commies took his family's property cuz maybe their property was like some sorta slave plantation or factory town or something?

no, that couldn't possibly be it. The only real explanation is, commies bad.
In less time than it took for you to type that post, I was able to look up that shortly after Casto took control of Cuba in 1959 that all privately owned property "became" owned by the state. They didn't pick and choose the nice ones; they took everything. They could come time to live there and could pass it down to their offspring but sales were not permitted.

Commies bad, yes.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

what is the church of england exactly.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

It's a church. In England.
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:14 pm what is the church of england exactly.
I'm pretty sure in the same amount of time it took you to type that, you could have made an on-line search and found the answer to your question - Unless you were fishing for some responses on here that wouldn't answer your question and instead would ridicule you. If so, I'm happy to have obliged.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:23 pm It's a church. In England.
Checks out.

*damnit accidentally fell into a poli thread
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

How do you decide what your pronouns are?
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan