Site Admin

Re: Conspiracies

Post by pdub »

I don’t have the time at the moment.
I’m about to watch a basketball game.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Fish and phd are just unwilling to consider that other people that don't see things the way they do could have valid reasons for having their own opinions. And they lash out and name call. Its kind of juvenile but its a message board lol who cares

I got a bad rep on kansascrimson because a few years ago I challenged people to have an open mind, and ended up being right about a few things. And ive never been forgiven for it lol
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Randy represents the worst of humanity and our current culture.

The fact that DC not only gives him a pass on his harmful bullshit and in fact defends him is shameful and regrettable. I USED to think DC stood for something and had integrity.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:16 pm Randy represents the worst of humanity and our current culture.

The fact that DC not only gives him a pass on his harmful bullshit and in fact defends him is shameful and regrettable. I USED to think DC stood for something and had integrity.
Not accurate at all. You have that "if you arent with me you're my enemy" mindset. You don't find middle ground with anyone. And every time you make a post like this it just looks bad on you
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

Phd is a leftist who thinks people on the right are his enemy, and people in the middle are also his enemy lol. Agree with him entirely or you're "the worst of humanity"

When in fact most people are all good people. Be realistic for once in your life
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

PhD is hardly a leftist -- at least as far as I recall.

And yes, PhD, I think that much of what Randy posts (and what Ousdahl posts in other contexts) contributes significantly to the Widening Gyre as well. I DO give him a pass, however -- just like I give Fish a pass, just like I give Ousie a pass. I loathe the Widening Gyre. I loathe the "total state" -- i.e. the condition in which ALL topics, issues, and discussions are considered political, first and foremost. And I loathe total war within the total state -- i.e. the division of everyone into friend and enemy groups based on narrow political interests.

We've seen this type of total bifurcation along political lines before. It ends miserably.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

There's a lot of stupid shit said on this board.

Antivax propaganda, which is almost entirely false, leads to people not getting vaccinated. This has lead to an increase in incidents of whooping cough, meningitis, measles, diphtheria, etc. These are preventable, horrible, life-threatening diseases that, when not lethal, can result in lifelong morbidity. These illnesses disproportionately affect children who have no control over their own Healthcare decisions.

To my knowledge no children are directly hurt by the dumb shit Ousdahl posts. So forgive me if I treat them differently.

I also think the comments randy has made about the types of people most affected by covid19 are absolutely disgusting and it's a moral mistake to give hom a pass on it.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

My comments about the type of people who face serious complications from covid are accurate, Generally speaking. People in poor health tend to be more susceptible to viruses in general. Im not sure what about that is absolutely disgusting? Its just realistic
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

you dismiss all the perfectly healthy people that have had their health and lives permanently altered from covid just because they didn’t die

your callousness towards most of those who do die, just because they may have a comorbidity (which may or may not be of their own doing), is the worst

it’s all disgusting
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:50 pm There's a lot of stupid shit said on this board.

Antivax propaganda, which is almost entirely false, leads to people not getting vaccinated. This has lead to an increase in incidents of whooping cough, meningitis, measles, diphtheria, etc. These are preventable, horrible, life-threatening diseases that, when not lethal, can result in lifelong morbidity. These illnesses disproportionately affect children who have no control over their own Healthcare decisions.

To my knowledge no children are directly hurt by the dumb shit Ousdahl posts. So forgive me if I treat them differently.

I also think the comments randy has made about the types of people most affected by covid19 are absolutely disgusting and it's a moral mistake to give hom a pass on it.
You assume that I was here to read all of Randy's posts in the COVID thread or that I bother to read all of them in their entirety now. I wasn't and I don't.

In the case you describe, I would NOT defend Randy or anyone else. In fact, I don't intend to defend him in ANY case. I do, however, sympathize with the state of mind that has been caused by the systemic failure of institutions during and since the pandemic. I don't empathize with it, mind you, but I do understand where it comes from. I don't, therefore, assume maliciousness in his posts. I assume that he is misguided -- influenced by external actors who DO have more malicious aims -- but starting from the premise that various institutions, government and media institutions mostly, set the table for his (and millions of others') skepticism in the first place.

I'll tell you a story: I have a brother. He is Randy-esque in his naivete and gullibility. He is overweight, diabetic, etc. He refused to get vaccinated. He was adamant and outspoken. Last January (2022), he spent 16 days in the hospital with COVID and probably should have died. I don't hate him for being a dumbass. I feel sorry for him (and his wife and kids) because he is/was a dumbass. Nevertheless, I understand why he was skeptical in the first place.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:11 pm
Sparko wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:53 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:00 pm I don't give two shits about Bill Gates one way or the other.

The notion that putting your money toward curing diseases is a bad thing is what's fucking bonkers.
The world in which we live
What's interesting here is the presumption that Gates is doing all of this because he's generous and altruistic.

He is almost certainly not. Human behavior in general suggests otherwise as does Gates' personal behavior. He's a creep and likely an ephebophile. Everyone knows it. Melinda has said that Bill's relationship with Jeffrey Epstein was a significant factor in their divorce. Everyone pretends otherwise, of course, because of the $$$$.

The question is "why does he donate his money where he does?"

The most likely answer is that he's concerned about pandemics and has no problem trying to buy pre-habilitation of his reputation by aiding the cause.

Nevertheless, it is imprudent to to assume he is simply a "good guy." Because he's not.
I agree with you. Gates also stole the DOS platform from Xerox IIRC. But I like that some of that money is coming back to do helpful things. The Kochs have spent a fortune killing the middle class. Gates has his issues. But has done some good. His ex a much better person.
Last edited by Sparko on Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

pdub wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:13 pm I don’t have the time at the moment.
Sigh. The game played out like a wasted two hours.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

pdub wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:22 pm I heard tap water makes you gay. Do mRNA vaccines?
Precious bodily fluids
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Sparko wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:23 pm
pdub wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:13 pm I don’t have the time at the moment.
Sigh. The game played out like a wasted two hours.
In the time it took to play that game I could have gone and gotten my 47th "booster" shot, grabbed a burger that they would have put cheese on, and beat off to this Bill Gates video.

https://www.ted.com/talks/bill_gates_th ... anguage=en
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:31 pm The analogy is not especially apt, since Gates' motivation matters.

In any case, in general, I agree with you that Gates is irrelevant.

I was responding mostly to Fish and Sparko, who seem to see this as a binary. Randy hates Gates. I hate Randy. Therefore...Gates is good. That's pure emotive reasoning, and it muddies the discussion.
Where’d I defend Bill Gates?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jfish26 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:16 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:31 pm The analogy is not especially apt, since Gates' motivation matters.

In any case, in general, I agree with you that Gates is irrelevant.

I was responding mostly to Fish and Sparko, who seem to see this as a binary. Randy hates Gates. I hate Randy. Therefore...Gates is good. That's pure emotive reasoning, and it muddies the discussion.
Where’d I defend Bill Gates?
You didn't.

I misread a post.

My apologies.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Be careful with dihydrogen monoxide
Defense. Rebounds.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I like this term, "apocalyptic centrist".

https://www.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-jo ... 59198.html
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.