Conspiracies

Coffee talk.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Conspiracies

Post by japhy »

The bastards should not have taken Commander's cocaine stash. Cocaine dog is much more dangerous than cocaine bear.

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/25/11899572 ... ice-agents
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

If you think Commander sounds aggressive, you should check out his hooman’s foreign policy!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Non-human intelligence…you mean like, besides the orcas thread?
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:08 am Non-human intelligence…you mean like, besides the orcas thread?
Orcas are terrifying
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Leave it to the rep from Missouri to dumb down the discussion. Rep. Eric Burlison added into the committee hearing just so he could ask some questions and the intelligence of the discussion immediately dropped 25 IQ points. Ooof.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:50 am Leave it to the rep from Missouri to dumb down the discussion. Rep. Eric Burlison added into the committee hearing just so he could ask some questions and the intelligence of the discussion immediately dropped 25 IQ points. Ooof.
What did he ask?
Defense. Rebounds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I heard a new one. The icemaker on our fridge went out and a repair dude shows up today. He looks inside and does some checks. I ask in passing "if you were buying a new fridge would you buy a GE or Samsung?". An aside: we are researching appliances for the kitchen in Casa de Troche Y Moche out in the Empire. The dude says "Samsung definitely", cool. This will make Annie happy, she likes the look oof the new glass front Samsungs.

short dude: "You know the new R600 refrigerant fridges can blow up. R600 is butane."

me: No, I hadn't heard that"

Short dude looks up something on his phone and sets it on the counter, it's a youtube video featuring a news story that shows the aftermath of a refrigerator blowing up in FL. I watch, the fridge looks like it blowed up for realz, they scan the damage to the kitchen. Then short dude brings up another video about a fridge that self detonated in NC. Again, impressive blast damage.

short dude: "R600 is butane, all refrigerant leaks and when it does R600 blows up."

me: "So can we buy a fridge without the explosive refrigerant?"

short dude: "Not since 2020, since then all refrigerators have been using R600."

So after short dude leaves I have to look this up. I found the videos. I see discussions of R600, seems it is very environmentally friendly and cheaper for manufacturers and repair shops. It has been in use in Europe for decades, we are just recently getting it here in US. It was approved for use in appliances ini 2018 in US but not for AC use cuz the makers of the less environmentally safe refrigerants rallied against it use cuz it is flammable. There were some discussion between British who repair fridges addressing someone's concern, telling them there is less butane in your fridge than there is in a cigarette lighter.

Anyway, anyone else heard of this concern? Who other than a random short guy is worried about this use of explosives in our kitchens?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

wait, short?

but what's his wingspan?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:49 pm wait, short?

but what's his wingspan?
I am more concerned with his hip height
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Could have gone on the Covid thread. She really is a "Dr".

https://twitter.com/naomirwolf/status/1 ... 6631933044
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:46 am Could have gone on the Covid thread. She really is a "Dr".

https://twitter.com/naomirwolf/status/1 ... 6631933044
Nobody knows WTF happened to Dr of philosophy, Naomi Wolf.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The Far Right and Far Left Meet Over Wellness Conspiracy Theories

https://time.com/6340206/wellness-consp ... and-right/
Conspiracy theories, especially about vaccines, spread like wildfire during the COVID-19 pandemic, but such anti-science thinking is extending far beyond COVID-19. There are now conspiracies about sunscreen, the causes of cancer, and wifi—among other alleged ills—and they are going global.

Anti-vaccine conspiracies have even begun to influence dog owners. A recent study published in the medical journal Vaccine found that around 4 in 10 dog owners in the U.S. thought vaccinating their dogs against diseases like rabies could cause the dogs to get autism, an entirely unscientific belief.

One reason for this expansion in conspiratorial and paranoid beliefs is a new alliance between two groups that might, at first blush, seem to have little in common. Some New Age spirituality and wellness influencers are aligning themselves with extreme right-wing anti-science activists, a merging of interests known as conspirituality. British journalist James Ball calls it “the-wellness-to-fascism pipeline.” The pipeline also runs in the other direction: in the U.S, for example, the far right-wing conspiracy monger Alex Jones sells a variety of wellness products, including diet pills, fluoride-free toothpaste, and tinctures that are claimed to boost male virility.

There are many theories circulating to explain conspirituality, such as the notion that both the wellness and anti-science conspiracy movements attract people who are distrustful of the mainstream, including of mainstream medicine and media. But there’s surely another draw: profit. There are millions—in fact, billions—of dollars to be made from conspiracy capitalism. As the writer Naomi Klein told the New York Times, the two movements are not just joining together through a shared suspicion of power, but also because “their demands fit within the well-worn grooves of individualism, entrepreneurship and self-promotion—the capitalist virtues, that is.”
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:24 am The Far Right and Far Left Meet Over Wellness Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy theories, especially about vaccines, spread like wildfire during the COVID-19 pandemic, but such anti-science thinking is extending far beyond COVID-19. There are now conspiracies about sunscreen, the causes of cancer, and wifi—among other alleged ills—and they are going global.

Anti-vaccine conspiracies have even begun to influence dog owners. A recent study published in the medical journal Vaccine found that around 4 in 10 dog owners in the U.S. thought vaccinating their dogs against diseases like rabies could cause the dogs to get autism, an entirely unscientific belief.

One reason for this expansion in conspiratorial and paranoid beliefs is a new alliance between two groups that might, at first blush, seem to have little in common. Some New Age spirituality and wellness influencers are aligning themselves with extreme right-wing anti-science activists, a merging of interests known as conspirituality. British journalist James Ball calls it “the-wellness-to-fascism pipeline.” The pipeline also runs in the other direction: in the U.S, for example, the far right-wing conspiracy monger Alex Jones sells a variety of wellness products, including diet pills, fluoride-free toothpaste, and tinctures that are claimed to boost male virility.

There are many theories circulating to explain conspirituality, such as the notion that both the wellness and anti-science conspiracy movements attract people who are distrustful of the mainstream, including of mainstream medicine and media. But there’s surely another draw: profit. There are millions—in fact, billions—of dollars to be made from conspiracy capitalism. As the writer Naomi Klein told the New York Times, the two movements are not just joining together through a shared suspicion of power, but also because “their demands fit within the well-worn grooves of individualism, entrepreneurship and self-promotion—the capitalist virtues, that is.”
When everyone considers themselves an "expert", no matter the subject, what do we expect?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Shirley wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:58 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:24 am The Far Right and Far Left Meet Over Wellness Conspiracy Theories

When everyone considers themselves an "expert", and everyone determines "expertise" in others based on how confidently they shout, in each case no matter the subject, what do we expect?
Amending only to add.

[Sorry, also adding: this is why TikTok and other things like it are dangerous. Not because the CCP is spying on like, my 13-year-old individually, but because the curation of the information people see has such a profound and dramatic effect on what they believe.]
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:45 pm Uh oh.

Sound the Lobster alarm...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/911-hijack ... l-bayoumi/
I read an analysis recently that proposes that the MAGA/Q right's overwhelming, junk conspiracy-theorizing is numbing all of us to the existence of actual conspiracies. Including those perpetrated by, or to the benefit of, people nominally on the left.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:45 pm Uh oh.

Sound the Lobster alarm...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/911-hijack ... l-bayoumi/
Wow, this destroys every belief I have in progressive structural failure as a possible collapse mechanism.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

"Omar al-Bayoumi"....If you change the "m"s to "n"s and change the "O" to "H" and the "y" to a "t" and change the "l" to an "e" and arbitrarily add a "d" and then drop all of the "a"s; you get an anagram for "Hunter Biden".

Coincidence? If we are being intellectually honest, I think not.