Conspiracies

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Conspiracies

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:26 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:48 am
japhy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:45 am I had to look it up.

God Damn it, Jones and Gen Flynn are stealing my material, those ratfucking bastards!

Not matter how stoopid the conspiracy theory sounds, the Rubes will slurp it up. The rubefucking industry must have incredible high profit margins. I need to invest.
You clearly haven't even yet seen the truly harmonically-convergent conspiracy theories out there on this one. Hint, the phrase "false flag" might soon show up from one of our resident rubes, in a very particular thread on the Politics board.
I have not, but I did just read that sex trafficking halfwit Andrew Tate just called it a black swan event so it must be.
Hey look, the answer to my hint is right there in your post!
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:47 am
japhy wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:26 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:48 am

You clearly haven't even yet seen the truly harmonically-convergent conspiracy theories out there on this one. Hint, the phrase "false flag" might soon show up from one of our resident rubes, in a very particular thread on the Politics board.
I have not, but I did just read that sex trafficking halfwit Andrew Tate just called it a black swan event so it must be.
Hey look, the answer to my hint is right there in your post!
Coincidence?

But Israel did it. It's retaliation for UN vote on Gaza.

Only a bare chested Putin riding a horse can save us now. If we agree to be homophobic Christian Nationalists.

trumpty dumpty, his loyal beholden blatherpandering handmaiden will assist. Send him some money so that he can save his for buying Melania a little something nice for Mother's Day.

With Biden's open border policy this was to be expected says Fox talking heads.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

The collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore has not exactly brought out the best from Republicans, their allies, and their base. Around this time 24 hours ago, for example, a Fox Business host was trying to draw a connection between the disaster and border policies.

In the hours that followed, a Republican gubernatorial candidate in Utah blamed the bridge collapse on “diversity” programs. A Republican congressional candidate in Florida made the same argument, as did a variety of far-right media figures.

Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, meanwhile, raised the prospect of the disaster being the result of an “intentional attack,” while Steve Bannon told his audience the collapse could’ve been the result of terrorism.

As the day progressed, the avalanche of weird theories and offensive finger-pointing intensified, tied together with a common thread: “The official line shouldn’t be believed,” conservatives effectively argued. “There are other nefarious truths out there that will bolster the right’s preconceived ideas.”
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

pub sen. eric schmitt’s response to the collapse:

“The problem here is, this is the consequence, the sort of distrust of terrible leadership, when you have an administration that has weaponized the Department of Justice, tried to throw in political opponents in jail, tried to throw them off the ballot, conducted a vast censorship enterprise to silence Americans who don’t buy into their narrative — whether it was on efficacy of masks, or transmissibility of Covid after you’ve had the vaccine, or the Hunter Biden laptop.”
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Alex Jones said it is the start of WW3
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

FWIW, a Chevy/GM dealer friend/client told me that he is not expecting this to have a big impact on car prices in the Midwest, other than German cars. I guess German cars make up a disproportionate amount of the volume that runs through the Port of Baltimore, and it’ll take time for them to find new ports.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Overlander wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:18 pm Alex Jones said it is the start of WW3
Tax invasion! Treason!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:15 pm
The collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore has not exactly brought out the best from Republicans, their allies, and their base. Around this time 24 hours ago, for example, a Fox Business host was trying to draw a connection between the disaster and border policies.

In the hours that followed, a Republican gubernatorial candidate in Utah blamed the bridge collapse on “diversity” programs. A Republican congressional candidate in Florida made the same argument, as did a variety of far-right media figures.

Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, meanwhile, raised the prospect of the disaster being the result of an “intentional attack,” while Steve Bannon told his audience the collapse could’ve been the result of terrorism.

As the day progressed, the avalanche of weird theories and offensive finger-pointing intensified, tied together with a common thread: “The official line shouldn’t be believed,” conservatives effectively argued. “There are other nefarious truths out there that will bolster the right’s preconceived ideas.”
KUTradition wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:17 pm pub sen. eric schmitt’s response to the collapse:

“The problem here is, this is the consequence, the sort of distrust of terrible leadership, when you have an administration that has weaponized the Department of Justice, tried to throw in political opponents in jail, tried to throw them off the ballot, conducted a vast censorship enterprise to silence Americans who don’t buy into their narrative — whether it was on efficacy of masks, or transmissibility of Covid after you’ve had the vaccine, or the Hunter Biden laptop.”
They're Republicans, what do you expect, the truth?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

My fave Baltimore bridge conspiracy so far is the one about deregulation.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:15 am My fave Baltimore bridge conspiracy so far is the one about deregulation.
It's almost enough to make a reasonable person begin to wonder if Republicans have any guiding principles, at all?

"almost"
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Build back better
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Imagine if tug boats were mandated. By regulations.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Sparko wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm Imagine if tug boats were mandated. By regulations.
You mean like the two tugboats that helped the Dali unmoor and steer out toward open sea?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m surprised there isn’t a requirement that they accompany until clear of things like bridges

hindsight, i guess
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sparko wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm Imagine if tug boats were mandated. By regulations.
we are so overegulated. The level of bullshit within federal agencies is nauseating. The government is too damn big to have its hand in everything and be efficient. So so so many wasted tax dollars in the turtle speed beuracratic process that could go elsewhere. Like...healthcare for one.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 pm i’m surprised there isn’t a requirement that they accompany until clear of things like bridges

hindsight, i guess
As I understand it, that used to be SOP. Newer technologies generally make that unnecessary -- until the tech fails, that is.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the bridge will have to be cut into 1,000 ton pieces (the section on the boat, itself, weighs nearly 4K tons) in order to be removed since there apparently aren’t cranes available that can handle more weight

$1B estimated replacement cost and a 5-year time frame
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Thanks Ron Desantis.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Joe Biden drove over that bridge, so there ya go.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

the dots are there to connect, if you choose to see them