Conspiracies

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Conspiracies

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:43 pm "Omar al-Bayoumi"....If you change the "m"s to "n"s and change the "O" to "H" and the "y" to a "t" and change the "l" to an "e" and arbitrarily add a "d" and then drop all of the "a"s; you get an anagram for "Hunter Biden".

Coincidence? If we are being intellectually honest, I think not.
Hang on, gotta conduct my own research.

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I dont know what thread to put this in, but this is absolutely appalling to me.
What is happening in this country?

https://www.economist.com/united-states ... -is-a-myth
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

The de-education folks are winning
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I used to hang with a couple of brothers, pretty good friends. Went to high school together, they were in our wedding party. One was godfather to our daughter. Their dad was in the army during WWII. And because he spoke Polish, was one of the first into the camps when they were liberated. I can't imagine anyone telling him that it didn't happen.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Being Jewish must be exhausting. 0.2% of the world's population, yet culpable for the ills of almost any aspect of almost any society.

The Swiss army knife of alibis.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Because pizza is always suspicious.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo ... r-AA1lvrrq
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:53 am Because pizza is always suspicious.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo ... r-AA1lvrrq
Seems like shambolic money laundering to me.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

A rube and their money are soon parted, or something like that. Conspiracy theories and NFTs seem to have been tailor made for this process. So trumplethinskin and his satellites diving head first into both seems like a logical progression.

I appreciate a good questionable story was much as anyone. Whether it be that one might have dated another poster's wife before they married, or that one might have bought a town and been declared "sent by God". But it never occurred to me to monetize a good story like that by grifting off the critical thinking impaired. But to keep balance in the natural system there must be grifters to keep the rubes from overpopulating, culling the herd.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

japhy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:46 am A rube and their money are soon parted, or something like that. Conspiracy theories and NFTs seem to have been tailor made for this process. So trumplethinskin and his satellites diving head first into both seems like a logical progression.

I appreciate a good questionable story was much as anyone. Whether it be that one might have dated another poster's wife before they married, or that one might have bought a town and been declared "sent by God". But it never occurred to me to monetize a good story like that by grifting off the critical thinking impaired. But to keep balance in the natural system there must be grifters to keep the rubes from overpopulating, culling the herd.
I can see that your tongue is planted firmly in your cheek, but it's actually sort of amazing that there is STILL plenty of room in the rubegrift space. It costs next to nothing to make any manner of non-infringing, MAGA-adjacent tchotchkes, and sell them at a 7,000% markup.

https://www.customink.com/products/drin ... coolers/42

Sell these fuckers for $17.76 each, and you're clearing $15 per. You don't even need one (1) NFL stadium's worth of customers to be a millionaire!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I heard the economy is actually great, but real people are being prevented from knowing that cuz pickup trucks.

Or something.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:31 pm I heard the economy is actually great, but real people are being prevented from knowing that cuz pickup trucks.

Or something.
I think we have determined that the only person with the bonafides to speak for the "real people/folks" is Mich. You should just leave the splainin to him.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

japhy wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:57 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:31 pm I heard the economy is actually great, but real people are being prevented from knowing that cuz pickup trucks.

Or something.
I think we have determined that the only person with the bonafides to speak for the "real people/folks" is Mich. You should just leave the splainin to him.
Folks
Defense. Rebounds.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The point is, the people bitching the most are driving trucks the cost of houses, eating regular meals, with clean water, and decent housing. They are bitching because others have stuff. The Russian adage: your wish is granted with the proviso your neighbor gets twice as much. Asks to lose one eye. Attends a MAGA rally in an eye patch. Blames democrats for his lack of depth perception.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

Sparko wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:28 pm The point is, the people bitching the most are driving trucks the cost of houses, eating regular meals, with clean water, and decent housing.
Did you poll people at the local mall to gather that data?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Sparko wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:28 pm The point is, the people bitching the most are driving trucks the cost of houses, eating regular meals, with clean water, and decent housing. They are bitching because others have stuff. The Russian adage: your wish is granted with the proviso your neighbor gets twice as much. Asks to lose one eye. Attends a MAGA rally in an eye patch. Blames democrats for his lack of depth perception.
Great post
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I wish I could buy a house for the cost of my truck
Just Ledoux it
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I know several Texans who paid over 80k to buy a new diesel truck, and another 60-70k on doo dads.

You know, 12' tall behemoths that can go over anything in their path....except the 13' truck directly in front of them.

You gotta keep those "Let's Go Brandon" flags HIGH!
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:20 pm I wish I could buy a house for the cost of my truck
Texas edition is about 120K. You can buy a small house in a reasonable rural area for less.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

that's not what I said.

both of those very specific scenarios are incredibly small numbers of the whole view.

I also don't know what a Texas edition is, and I live very rural and see nothing around for 120.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Sparko wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:28 pm The point is, the people bitching the most are driving trucks the cost of houses, eating regular meals, with clean water, and decent housing. They are bitching because others have stuff. The Russian adage: your wish is granted with the proviso your neighbor gets twice as much. Asks to lose one eye. Attends a MAGA rally in an eye patch. Blames democrats for his lack of depth perception.
What's the matter wif Kansas?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto