Re: sobriety

Post by twocoach »

Especially now that a decent 6 pack is $10
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

KUTradition wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:29 am 1 year for the wife and i today

i think my bank account feels it more than my body
Even just going out for couple drinks every week can add up to hundreds or even thousands of dollars a year on alcohol. You guys should treat yourself to a little vacation
Wiff

Post by Wiff »

pdub wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:36 pm I took a month off drinking and didn’t notice much physically and didn’t have as much fun on the weekends ( I only drink Friday, Saturday and sometimes Sunday one drink ) but good for everyone if they feel better.

I’m sure I would save a good amount of money over time but I don’t really care much about that. Basically what twocoach said.
Pretty much the same for me, not a heavy drinker by any means. Never drank during the week, only drank on weekends, and never got too crazy. I usually only drank Friday or Saturday (but not both). Admittedly, I would go pretty hard on the more rare occasions (i.e., KU natty, Chiefs super bowl).

But I got to the point where the effects of the weekend boozin' were carrying over into the week - with sluggishness, lack of energy, mental haze, etc. I decided to give going dry a try when I found myself essentially wishing away the week so I could get to Saturday to "unwind" with friends. I noticed that most of the immediate benefits were mental, with increased focus and decreased anxiety.

The not having as much fun on the weekends part was a big concern of mine, but I found that my weekends actually opened up for other shit and I didn't have to worry about any chance of hangover. I still look forward to weekends, but not at all in the same way.
Ain't no seats