moving from hypothetical to facts/commiments

Coffee talk.
KUTradition
Contributor

Re: moving from hypothetical to facts/commiments

Post by KUTradition »

japhy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:32 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:39 am Count me in. I'll make it work. Will probably invite a buddy from Manitou Springs if it works in his schedule as well.
That's #6, that leaves 8 slots open.

Trad? Dr Pepper? Feral? DC? CoyDC? sQuirt? Randy?

Damnit Randy you will have to stay off probation long enough to reply.

psych? Gutter? You have no idea how many people would actually like to meet you.
i’d love to, but have no idea what the coming year holds as far as job changes and moving

if i were to make the trip, i’d probably just bring the camper since the wife and pups would come too
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

I welcome any and all.

Interactions on message boards are enhanced when you can put a face to the name.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Overlander wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:58 am Interactions on message boards are enhanced when you can put a face to the name.
who are you? illy just “doing research”?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

KUTradition wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:59 am
Overlander wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:58 am Interactions on message boards are enhanced when you can put a face to the name.
who are you? illy just “doing research”?
You know what’s creepier than “ I know where you live”?

“I SAW where you live”
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I am in. I'll take a yurt. Sign me up for kitchen clean-up duties.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:44 pm I am in. I'll take a yurt. Sign me up for kitchen clean-up duties.
That is #7, so we only have 7 more spots to fill.

DC, Feral, Fenton?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I forgot to ask, Illy are you coming? If Gutter signs on, you two could road trip out together.

Having the two of you there would be a bigger draw than the time we had a sasquatch show up for Solstice.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

All my faves together in one place? How could I miss that!
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:40 am All my faves together in one place? How could I miss that!
Fuck yeah, the quonsets are going fast but I can save one for you. We can make s'mores together and work thru any differences in a fire circle by passing around the talking stick. You have no idea yet how much you are gonna enjoy this.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:40 am All my faves together in one place? How could I miss that!
A couple of gummies cures all.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

As part of the invite process I have been looking up old acquaintances from prior message boards. I looked up "Iowaboy" earlier today. Some of you may remember him from a daily Punch and Judy show he and copperhead used to perform on the old KUSports board. I haven't actually talked to Jack in about a decade, I seem to recall that he changed his cell number and I never got an update.

I found him in the obit page of his local newspaper. He used to drive a school bus full of softball players to KC in the summer years ago for a tournament and would stay at my place while he was in town. If you never read his bs, imagine a more pugnaciously conservative version of dolomite with an even snarkier sense of humor. And in person he was funny and a salt of the earth guy. A lot of people hated him, or thought they hated him, but I liked him. His obit is pretty spot on.

https://www.thegazette.com/obituaries/jack-hoover/
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I remember IB. Didn't he used to call us "The Phlock"?

RIP
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:23 am
I'd need something much stronger than a weed gummy. LOL
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

japhy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:22 pm As part of the invite process I have been looking up old acquaintances from prior message boards. I looked up "Iowaboy" earlier today. Some of you may remember him from a daily Punch and Judy show he and copperhead used to perform on the old KUSports board. I haven't actually talked to Jack in about a decade, I seem to recall that he changed his cell number and I never got an update.

I found him in the obit page of his local newspaper. He used to drive a school bus full of softball players to KC in the summer years ago for a tournament and would stay at my place while he was in town. If you never read his bs, imagine a more pugnaciously conservative version of dolomite with an even snarkier sense of humor. And in person he was funny and a salt of the earth guy. A lot of people hated him, or thought they hated him, but I liked him. His obit is pretty spot on.

Fucking stop it.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:29 pm
japhy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:22 pm As part of the invite process I have been looking up old acquaintances from prior message boards. I looked up "Iowaboy" earlier today. Some of you may remember him from a daily Punch and Judy show he and copperhead used to perform on the old KUSports board. I haven't actually talked to Jack in about a decade, I seem to recall that he changed his cell number and I never got an update.

Fucking stop it.
Simmer down little guy, does somebody need a hug?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Kinda?
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

If I can get my daughter to do sheltie duties, my wife and I might be able to make it. I have a disabled dog that is a tough guy to take care of.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

So..... #7 1/2

Will you give DC a hug when he gets there?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

If the hug isn't from Defix, it doesn't count.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:29 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:23 am
I'd need something much stronger than a weed gummy. LOL
That’s where the Manhattans kick in….