Induction cooktops

Coffee talk.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Induction cooktops

Post by japhy »

When Chuck said, "When ordinary hands can possess such an extraordinary instrument, that symbolizes the full measure of human dignity and liberty. ", I must assume he was referencing an induction cooktop.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

My clients just installed a 36" LG induction stove with an electric convection oven. They love it.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Overlander wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:45 pm How many “cold, dead hands” do these fucking people have?
At least 4 so they can keep their guns, too.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I did not think that gas stoves were going to be the new culture war rallying point for the true patriots of American freedom. Add that to the list of things trump will be pining for in his campaign, along side toilets that can wash away any sized dump plus half roll of paper, and supersoaker shower heads.

I think we have settled on using 4 single hob (that's my new word for the week, "hob") cooktops that can be put in the pantry when not in use. Probably go with Hatco brand, it just sounds industrial and utilitarian. Wiley Coyote would use ACME, this sounds like the next best thing and it feels more like the valley than something from Viking or Wolf.

Thanks for helping me work through this, you guys are real pals.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelp
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

japhy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:29 am I did not think that gas stoves were going to be the new culture war rallying point for the true patriots of American freedom. Add that to the list of things trump will be pining for in his campaign, along side toilets that can wash away any sized dump plus half roll of paper, and supersoaker shower heads.

I think we have settled on using 4 single hob (that's my new word for the week, "hob") cooktops that can be put in the pantry when not in use. Probably go with Hatco brand, it just sounds industrial and utilitarian. Wiley Coyote would use ACME, this sounds like the next best thing and it feels more like the valley than something from Viking or Wolf.

Well, you can't really call them burners, now can you?
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:33 am
japhy wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:29 am I did not think that gas stoves were going to be the new culture war rallying point for the true patriots of American freedom. Add that to the list of things trump will be pining for in his campaign, along side toilets that can wash away any sized dump plus half roll of paper, and supersoaker shower heads.

Well, you can't really call them burners, now can you?
It does start to take the poetry out of the kitchen though, kinda like my dinner parties. The food is good but I plate things the way a lunch lady does at a public grade school.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Gas stove makers have a pollution solution. They're just not using it

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/04/11497369 ... t-using-it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

of all pollution producers i am not worried about gas stoves.

Talk about getting lost in the details. Not seeing the forest because the of trees. etc.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

It's not about pollution.

It's about electrification.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:00 pm It's not about pollution.

This.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

yes.

which, is cart before horse.

67% of our grid is powered by fossil fuels. So....what is it actually solving?

More electric, more networked, more control.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

TDub wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:14 pm

yes.

It makes us feel warm and fuzzy.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Induction inside. Propane outside. Plus smoker. Easy
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

A lot of people want noxious gasses without traveling to Manhattan KS. But we love our induction cook top. Makes the water in the kettle taste better.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I sautéed chicken thighs yesterday after letting them marinade for a bit with black soy sauce and garlic. Just added a little sesame oil to the pan and then put it onto the induction hob. I was surprised how fast it cooked, it was nice and tender. The heat made a nice glaze on the chicken out of the black soy sauce which is already syrupy.

I added a quart of tomatillo sauce I canned last Fall, two tablespoons of chile rojo a cup of wild rice and two cups of cubed "potato" squash that I roasted in the oven after rubbing it down with olive oil and chimayo chile.

I like the new induction hob.

The woman who cleans our house likes it too, she doesn't have to clean the gas range as much.

Annie liked the chicken tomatillo stew so much she put the rest of it in tupperware and declared that she was taking it all to work for lunches. I guess I'll have to find something else to eat for lunch today.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I had no idea there was such thing as non-black soy sauce. Now I see there is.
The things we learn from japhy
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

yes.

The “your Tesla is charged by electricity from coal-fired plants” trope is Western Civ-II-Taker Genius-Level stuff. You have to start somewhere.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Mjl wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:58 pm I had no idea there was such thing as non-black soy sauce. Now I see there is.
The things we learn from japhy
I don't think it qualifies as a fetish per se but my wife finds it annoying at times. She thinks I clutter the kitchen cabinets with duplicitous items. Did I mention that she has 7 different flavors of balsamic vinegar in the same cabinets? I do when she mentions that maybe I should limit my choices. I keep three kinds of soy sauce in the kitchen; black, light and the regular Kickkoman. There is dark soy sauce and there is black soy sauce at our local Asian food market. The dark is a very dark sauce slightly more viscous, but the black is thick like syrup. I just look for the labels I know. The black seems to come from Thailand and has a fat baby on it that says "healthy boy" and " black soy" in English and the rest of the verbiage I have no idea.

The black is my go to for marinading steaks and pork roasts. I rub the steak down both sides with it and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. I will add a little Kikkoman into the container for moisture. It stains the meat black. It cooks up very tender afterwards. I melt some butter with a bit of garlic and some lemon basil flowers. I drizzle that over the steak while it rests. I grow lemon basil on the back porch, but instead of the leaves I use the green flowers pickled fresh for the seasoning. They have a more intense citrus note to them. It doesn't sound intuitively good maybe; citrus and soy and rare ribeye but it is damn good. My wife does not eat beef for ethical reasons but when I cook a ribeye up on the grill she will ask for a bite and then mutter under her breath, "fuuuck that is good....". If your steak can make a determined to be pescatarian go slightly slack jawed and form a small string of spittle in the corner of their mouth, you done it good.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:47 am

yes.

The “your Tesla is charged by electricity from coal-fired plants” trope is Western Civ-II-Taker Genius-Level stuff. You have to start somewhere.
are tesla's can be only charged by certifiable renewable energy outlets?

Are you saying that fossil fuel consumption doesn't account for the bulk of our grids energy?

what are you saying.
Just Ledoux it