Hunter

Ugh.
DeletedUser

Re: Hunter

Post by DeletedUser »

Shirley wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:37 am Ivanka worked in the WH.
Jared worked in the WH
Ivanka got $100M from the Saudis & UAE, Jared got $2B.
Now Lara Trump is chair of the RNC her husband is a FL delegate
Don Jr & his girlfriend
Tiffany & her husband
& Barron who's never voted are delegates
But Hunter.
GTFOOH
Agree.

I do think Hunter seems like the biggest sleezeball of the bunch....but it's a low bar.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:23 am
Jared worked in the WH
Don Jr & his girlfriend
Tiffany & her husband
But Hunter.
GTFOOH
Agree.

I do think Hunter seems like the biggest sleezeball of the bunch....but it's a low bar.
Sleazier than Don and Kim? My god.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:00 am
Jared worked in the WH
Don Jr & his girlfriend
Tiffany & her husband
But Hunter.
GTFOOH
Agree.

Yes?

Like I said, low bar.

Don seems like a dorky guy trying to be cool.

Hunter seems like a bonafide crackhead.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i’m guessing illy hasn’t known anyone close to him with addiction issues
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:03 am

Agree.

Yes?

Like I said, low bar.

Don seems like a dorky guy trying to be cool.

Hunter seems like a bonafide crackhead.
My guess is that the only difference between Hunter Biden and Don Jr. is that only one of them has had their dirty laundry aired publicly.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:09 am i’m guessing illy hasn’t known anyone close to him with addiction issues
Crack addiction?

Nope, can't say that I have.

Sorry if that's not empathetic enough. I don't have empathy for spoiled rich kids like Hunter (or Don Jr) who can't stay off the pipe. I have plenty of empathy for those who deserve it.

This cast of characters we are discussing don't deserve much imo.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:31 am
KUTradition wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:09 am i’m guessing illy hasn’t known anyone close to him with addiction issues
Crack addiction?

Sorry if that's not empathetic enough. I don't have empathy for spoiled rich kids like Hunter (or Don Jr) who can't stay off the pipe. I have plenty of empathy for those who deserve it.

Many if not most people are ignorant when it comes to addiction. I'm not saying you need to have empathy for the guy but when it comes to not having empathy for someone "who can't stay off the pipe", I have to wonder if you have empathy for someone who has PTSD, or depression issues, or anxiety, or eating disorders, or.......
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:48 am
DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 9:31 am
Crack addiction?

Many if not most people are ignorant when it comes to addiction. I'm not saying you need to have empathy for the guy but when it comes to not having empathy for someone "who can't stay off the pipe", I have to wonder if you have empathy for someone who has PTSD, or depression issues, or anxiety, or eating disorders, or.......
It depends on who they are.

I do not have sympathy for Hunter Biden.

Or Don Jr.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

With the HUGE caveat that we don't know any of these people - the available public evidence is that Hunter is in recovery, and Don Jr. isn't. Whether or not Don Jr. should be is something personal to him and his family.

But, I have a profound amount of respect for people who honestly engage with their issues.

And so, I have a MUCH higher degree of "sympathy" for someone who has done that (even if they subsequently relapse), than for someone who hasn't.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:54 am With the HUGE caveat that we don't know any of these people - the available public evidence is that Hunter is in recovery, and Don Jr. isn't.
Admittedly I don't keep up closely with these people or their drug use...But what available public evidence is there that Don Jr does drugs? Aware of the rumors and the on camera mannerisms....but am I mistaken in thinking that there is more solid evidence of Hunters drug use?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DeletedUser wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:33 pm
jfish26 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:54 am With the HUGE caveat that we don't know any of these people - the available public evidence is that Hunter is in recovery, and Don Jr. isn't.
Admittedly I don't keep up closely with these people or their drug use...But what available public evidence is there that Don Jr does drugs? Aware of the rumors and the on camera mannerisms....but am I mistaken in thinking that there is more solid evidence of Hunters drug use?
I should have been clearer in the sentence that followed the one you quote - I should have said, "Whether or not Don Jr. should be in recovery for substance use disorder is something personal to him and his family."

If a family member of mine acted how he acts, and exhibits some of the tics he exhibits, I'd probably ask the question.

In any case, my point is that I have a profound amount of respect for people who recognize and openly admit their need for treatment and recovery. And I have a TON more sympathy for those people than I do for those who won't even get to that first step.
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

jfish26 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:36 pm In any case, my point is that I have a profound amount of respect for people who recognize and openly admit their need for treatment and recovery.
Agreed.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Jared worked in the WH
Don Jr & his girlfriend
Tiffany & her husband
But Hunter.
GTFOOH
Agree.

Yeah, how the fuck is this even a thought?