Hunter

Ugh.
MICHHAWK

Re: Hunter

Post by MICHHAWK »

and russia is a third world $#!thole designed by the democrats to deflect our attention.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

:lol:

idiot
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

"if you don't vote for old uncle it's a vote for russia." propaganda much.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:30 am and russia is a third world $#!thole designed by the democrats to deflect our attention.
You are an excellent representative case. Thank you.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:13 am
twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:19 am https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/20/politics ... index.html

Tell me more about how Russia's involvement in the Hunter Biden situation is all BS...

The former FBI informant charged with lying about the Bidens’ dealings in Ukraine told investigators after his arrest that Russian intelligence officials were involved in passing information to him about Hunter Biden, prosecutors said Tuesday in a new court filing, noting that the information was false.

Prosecutors also said Alexander Smirnov has been “actively peddling new lies that could impact US elections” after meeting with Russian spies late last year and that the fallout from his previous false bribery accusations about the Bidens “continue[s] to be felt to this day.”

We're all watching Russia actively control a portion of the US voting public. Such a frustrating, helpless, sickening feeling to be honest. It's like having one of your relatives dating a manipulative, abusive spouse but you can't convince them that they're being manipulated and abused.
I dropped a few things on this in the 2024 thread, and it could go a lot of other places, too.

I'm curious to see where exactly the mainstream media goes with this. There is a TON of Russia, Russia!, RUSSIA!!! fatigue...but this is something that is - in my opinion, and in context - as gravely serious as anything we've seen in this horrible period in our politics.

Russia got Trump elected (don't lose track of Manafort here, or of Russia's seizure of Crimea).

Trump tried to take advantage of an enemy of Russia (democratic Ukraine) for kompromat on Biden - Trump's likely 2020 opponent.

Trump obviously would not have stood in Putin's way in taking control of Ukraine.

Biden stood in Putin's way in taking control of Ukraine.

Russia seeds the Rs' bad-faith investigations into Biden with false information (which has baselessly damaged Biden electorally).

If you go back to my posts, I have ALWAYS said that I do not believe the MOST accurate description of what's happened here is that Trump colluded with Russia.

I think we are very clearly seeing the bones of a MUCH larger Russian operation against the United States - specifically, through compromising one of our two major parties.

Russia fatigue is real, by design. But if you zoom out, and pretend the last ten years did not happen, I think you would be reasonable in saying that this Hunter/Smirnov/Comey/Grassley revelation itself would be among the biggest political scandals of any of our lifetimes.

And then when you add back in the rest of those ten years...I don't think it's unreasonable at all to say we have been, and remain, very much under attack.
https://www.technologyreview.com/2021/0 ... -election/

Russia has been sticking their dick in our business. They never needed to collude with Trump. He is just the useful idiot they were able to convince that it wasn't happening.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:30 am and russia is a third world $#!thole designed by the democrats to deflect our attention.
A third world shithole is a country that has no value to first world nations. If you do not understand how integral to the global economy and the supply of oil, wheat, grain, natural resources and food that Russia is then you're even a bigger idiot than I give you credit for.

Russia is a fully nuclear capable global superpower run by morally bankrupt criminals. To pretend otherwise just to "Own A Lib" isn't cute or funny. It's dangerous and idiotic.
Last edited by twocoach on Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

russia is a third world $#!thole.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:10 am russia is a third world $#!thole.
Only in your alternative facts universe.

In the real world with real facts, it is not.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

go watch the miniseries chernobyl on hbo. then get back to me about how wonderful russia is.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:17 am go watch the miniseries chernobyl on hbo. then get back to me about how wonderful russia is.
For suck's sake, being a place you wouldn't want to live doesn't make it a third world country. There's a HUGE gap between the two.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Not surprised that Mich’s world view is formed by TV shows.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:24 am
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:17 am go watch the miniseries chernobyl on hbo. then get back to me about how wonderful russia is.
For suck's sake, being a place you wouldn't want to live doesn't make it a third world country. There's a HUGE gap between the two.
Chernobyl, of course, is also in Ukraine. Which Russia thinks belongs to Russia.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

TbI xopoLLINN TOBapNLLI,
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

twocoach wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:08 am
A third world shithole is a country that has no value to first world nations.
This comment above seems to contradict the comment below.
If you do not understand how integral to the global economy and the supply of oil, wheat, grain, natural resources and food that Russia is then you're even a bigger idiot than I give you credit for.
Then there’s this comment:

Russia is a fully nuclear capable global superpower run by morally bankrupt criminals.
And yet, sadly, it’s not even the only one.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 am
If you do not understand how integral to the global economy and the supply of oil, wheat, grain, natural resources and food that Russia is then you're even a bigger idiot than I give you credit for.

Russia is a fully nuclear capable global superpower run by morally bankrupt criminals.
I do not think you read twocoach's post correctly.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:43 am

I am not sure what point it is that you're trying to make. I do not believe that Russia is a "third world country"; MICH does.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

MICHHAWK hates russia with a white hot heat of hate. as an American it's my duty.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:16 pm MICHHAWK hates russia with a white hot heat of hate. as an American it's my duty.
Then how can you support Republicans?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dangit I might have misread twocoach
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:16 pm MICHHAWK hates russia with a white hot heat of hate. as an American it's my duty.
As do I for not only patriotic reasons but personal ones. But that hatred does not prevent me from understanding what role Russia plays in the world.

Right on cue, this story hits today, including the following details:

"Swathes of Africa rely heavily on grain imports from Russia and Ukraine but Moscow’s two-year war on its neighbor has fueled a severe grain shortage that has exacerbated the continent’s food insecurity and sent food prices rocketing.

Somalia and Eritrea had previously sourced 90-100% of their grain needs from both Russia and Ukraine before the conflict, according to the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)."

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/21/africa/r ... index.html

Somalia and Eritrea are what would rightly be called "third world countries".