Schedule of Festivities Crimson/Blue Fest 2023

Coffee talk.
japhy
Contributor

Schedule of Festivities Crimson/Blue Fest 2023

Post by japhy »

Proposed Schedule of Festivities for Crimson/Blue Fest 2023

July 31

11:00 AM – 1:00 PM-------Check in at the Frontier and then make your way “downtown” to The Spud Lounge.

11:30 AM – 3:00 PM-------Free Lunch, we will be cooking burgers and brats on the grill behind the Spud Lounge. There will be a keg of Three Barrel Hop Trash and the Manhattan King will be tending bar.

3:00 PM – 5:30 PM-------Game 1 will begin showing in the Spud Lounge with postgame festivities.

5:30 PM – 7:30 PM-------Dinner break, I will have a list of local places to eat. There is a new place in Alamosa that made this year’s James Beard Semifinal list for best new restaurants for those that like that stuff.

7:45 PM – 8:30 PM-------Assemble at the east side of the property with libation in hand. As the sun sets you can see alpenglow across the Sangre de Cristos which is why they are called that. This will be followed in about 15 minutes by the rise of the super moon over the same mountains.

8:45 PM – 11:30 PM-------Game 2 to be followed by more post game festivities.

August 1

8:00 AM – 3:00 PM-------Open time. Anyone who wants to see the haunted Lafayette Head Compound, Cano’s Towers and Labyrinth can follow me to breakfast at the Sun Flour Café in Monte Vista and we will proceed to Antonito from there. Other adventures I would recommend for those not wanting to go to Antonito would include, trip to Sand Dunes National Park and adjacent hippie town of Crestone and Colorado Gator Farm, Penitente Canyon with side trip to the Gates of Hell is also nice. There are good breakfast and lunch places in Monte Vista and Del Norte.

3:00 PM – 5:30 PM-------Game 3 to be followed by even more postgame activities.

6:00 PM – 7:30 PM-------Celebrity chef group dinner in the Frontier “snack bar”. It is a very upscale snack bar.

7:45 PM – 8:30 PM-------Again with the damn moon thing. Assemble at the east side of the property with libation in hand. As the sun sets you can see alpenglow across the Sangre de Cristos which is why they are called that. This will be followed in about 15 minutes by the rise of the super moon over the same mountains.

8:45 PM – 11:30 PM-------Game 4 to be followed by more post game festivities.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Schedule of Festivities Crimson/Blue Fest 2023

Post by TDub »

sounds like a great weekend
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If I somehow get a rush of extra biz in the Spring, I’ll try and get there.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Have you all decided on what games?
Someone should start a poll.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

japhy wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:04 pm Proposed Schedule of Festivities for Crimson/Blue Fest 2023

July 31

11:00 AM – 1:00 PM-------Check in at the Frontier and then make your way “downtown” to The Spud Lounge.

11:30 AM – 3:00 PM-------Free Lunch, we will be cooking burgers and brats on the grill behind the Spud Lounge. There will be a keg of Three Barrel Hop Trash and the Manhattan King will be tending bar.

3:00 PM – 5:30 PM-------Game 1 will begin showing in the Spud Lounge with postgame festivities.

5:30 PM – 7:30 PM-------Dinner break, I will have a list of local places to eat. There is a new place in Alamosa that made this year’s James Beard Semifinal list for best new restaurants for those that like that stuff.

7:45 PM – 8:30 PM-------Assemble at the east side of the property with libation in hand. As the sun sets you can see alpenglow across the Sangre de Cristos which is why they are called that. This will be followed in about 15 minutes by the rise of the super moon over the same mountains.

8:45 PM – 11:30 PM-------Game 2 to be followed by more post game festivities.

August 1

8:00 AM – 3:00 PM-------Open time. Anyone who wants to see the haunted Lafayette Head Compound, Cano’s Towers and Labyrinth can follow me to breakfast at the Sun Flour Café in Monte Vista and we will proceed to Antonito from there. Other adventures I would recommend for those not wanting to go to Antonito would include, trip to Sand Dunes National Park and adjacent hippie town of Crestone and Colorado Gator Farm, Penitente Canyon with side trip to the Gates of Hell is also nice. There are good breakfast and lunch places in Monte Vista and Del Norte.

3:00 PM – 5:30 PM-------Game 3 to be followed by even more postgame activities.

6:00 PM – 7:30 PM-------Celebrity chef group dinner in the Frontier “snack bar”. It is a very upscale snack bar.

7:45 PM – 8:30 PM-------Again with the damn moon thing. Assemble at the east side of the property with libation in hand. As the sun sets you can see alpenglow across the Sangre de Cristos which is why they are called that. This will be followed in about 15 minutes by the rise of the super moon over the same mountains.

8:45 PM – 11:30 PM-------Game 4 to be followed by more post game festivities.
I like it!
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

That old video doesn't really do justice to the magnificence of the dance. You should seriously consider coming out to the Empire, in just 6 months you could see it in person.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

actuallt a pretty impressive performance there really
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I just talked to the folks at the Frontier Drive Inn, we should get more info soon. They are changing over their booking system now to allow for us and other groups to do early group booking. They are actually kind of excited about hosting us. As I recall Luke is a UCLA grad so he appreciates a good basketball party.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

It's On!

Schedule of Festivities for Crimson/Blue Fest 2023

July 31

11:00 AM – 1:00 PM-------Check in at the Frontier and then make your way “downtown” to The Spud Lounge at 342 Worth Street.

3:00 PM – 5:30 PM-------Game 1- 2008 NC game KU vs Memphis will begin showing in the Spud Lounge with postgame festivities.

7:45 PM – 8:30 PM-------Assemble at the east side of the Frontier property with libation in hand. As the sun sets you can see alpenglow across the Sangre de Cristos which is why they are called that. This will be followed in about 15 minutes by the rise of the super moon over the same mountains.

8:45 PM – 11:30 PM-------Game 2 - 2012 final Big 12 KU vs MU game to be followed by more post game festivities.

August 1

8:00 AM – 3:00 PM-------Open time. Anyone who wants to see the haunted Lafayette Head Compound, Cano’s Towers, Casa Covida and adobe Labyrinth can follow me to breakfast at the Sun Flour Café in Monte Vista and we will proceed to Antonito from there. If time permits we will stop in Manassas and see the Indiana Jones House and the Manassas Mauler Museum.

Other adventures I would recommend for those not wanting to go to Antonito would include, trip to Sand Dunes National Park and adjacent hippie town of Crestone and Colorado Gator Farm or Penitente Canyon with side trip to the Gates of Hell is also nice. There are good breakfast and lunch places in Monte Vista and Del Norte.

3:00 PM – 5:30 PM-------Game 3 - 2008 FF KU vs UNC game to be followed by formation of a Jayhawk kazoo marching band which will march around the town square playing "I'm a Jayhawk" and we will finish with hog calling and Rock Chalk Chant in front foo the Spud Lounge.

6:00 PM – 7:30 PM-------Celebrity chef group dinner in the Spud Lounge Grill.

7:45 PM – 8:30 PM-------Again with the damn moon thing. Assemble at the east side of the Frontier property with libation in hand. As the sun sets you can see alpenglow across the Sangre de Cristos which is why they are called that. This will be followed in about 15 minutes by the rise of the super moon over the same mountains.

8:45 PM – 11:30 PM-------Game 4 - 2022 NC game KU vs UNC to be followed by more post game festivities.

Anyone getting there over the weekend before the event fell free to check in with me at the Spud Lounge, I will be hanging out there all weekend with friends from Denver.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Outstanding! I am really looking forward to the Tuesday adventures.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I'll be in the Empire at the end of the week prior to the festivities. DM me and I'll show you around.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

6:00 PM – 7:30 PM-------Celebrity chef group dinner in the Spud Lounge Grill.

So, like, someone's picking up Subway sandwiches?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

pdub wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:34 pm 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM-------Celebrity chef group dinner in the Spud Lounge Grill.

So, like, someone's picking up Subway sandwiches?
probably not, Subway is too far to go

I was a thinking ribeye steak with goat cheese/tomatilla mashed potatoes. If anyone doesn't like steak, I could switch that out for grilled trout. Add some grilled asparagus or brussel sprouts and a salad and you have a meal. We could either do tres leches or chocoflan for dessert. Probably another item for a poll. Which do you love most, tres leches or chocoflan? There is definitely no wrong answer there.

What ever dessert is left over can be eaten for breakfast. There is a coffee truck that shows up at City Hall a couple of doors down from the Spud Lounge at 7:00 AM, they started a couple of weeks ago.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Subway has a steak melt and for those who don't like steak, they could have tuna & mayo.

You could add some pale triangle cheese, cucumber, lettuce, red onion, olives and pickles.

And for dessert oatmeal raisin and white chip macadamia.

But it's not my party.

Also, is there an Olive Garden nearby for the night before when you aren't providing dinner?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

pdub wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:23 pm
But it's not my party.
I think we should all take some comfort in that now.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Will there be breadsticks and salad?
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:21 pm Will there be breadsticks and salad?
Never-Ending

dammit
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Feral wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:41 am
Never-Ending

dammit
Proof that Olive Garden is an extension of hell.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

japhy wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:21 pm
Feral wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:41 am
Never-Ending

dammit
Proof that Olive Garden is an extension of hell.
You're gonna be in trouuuubble with pdub.
Defense. Rebounds.