Schedule of Festivities Crimson/Blue Fest 2023

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Schedule of Festivities Crimson/Blue Fest 2023

Post by pdub »

If Olive Garden is an extension of Hell I better start sinning more.

Roi was a better coach than Bill.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

That's the bad tomato sauce talking.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

japhy wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:38 am That's the bad tomato sauce talking.
At the risk of earning myself a timeout, I think their tomatoe sauce is just high fructose corn syrup with red dye #2.
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Why does my spell checker think I'm Dan Quayle?
Defense. Rebounds.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

jhawks99 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:44 pm
japhy wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:38 am That's the bad tomato sauce talking.
At the risk of earning myself a timeout, I think their tomatoe sauce is just high fructose corn syrup with red dye #2.
It's definitely tomatoe sauce.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

While the valley may lack an Olive Garden, we do have other culinary delights. This is the tres leches cake and chocoflan from last years' Solstice. It can be eaten as dessert, or as the breakfast of champions; or both! Depending upon your headcount I will get one, or both. We have to special order these and a woman around the corner from us bakes these as her side gig. The dessert alone may be worth the drive out.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

The next question is, what's the order of the games?
Chronological?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

So headcount....I will likely have a friend, Lemuel with me and my boy Udoka. Dok hates watching basketball without Lem in the room. Lem is retired Naval officer, counselor, KU grad, bball fan and support human. Annie was planning to come but she has a speaking engagement in London ON, 3 days after we get back from Crimson/Blue and she can't make it this year.

This is Dok watching the 2022 Villanova game w/o Lem. Shortly after this photo was taken he went on a barking jag at me and then went upstairs and did not come down until the game was over. He is an emotional boy.

This is Dok watching the 2022 NC game and giving me the side eye from the calming safety of Lem's lap.

Dok doesn't eat dessert so we have two humans. Who else is coming for sure, add your count to this. You don't need to post a photo, I just need a confirmed number so I can place my order.
Last edited by japhy on Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

pdub wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:56 pm The next question is, what's the order of the games?
Chronological?
Please refer to the posted game schedule halfway down the first page of this thread. Thank you.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Interesting.
A double dose of UNC on the same day.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Please watch this video and be prepared to participate. Turn on the cc captioning if you don't know the words. The town has an expectation of spectacle when we have an event, so we will likely have to perform "hog calling" in the middle of Worth Street and stop traffic for maximum effect. I will get a local to take a video so that those who are not in attendance can live vicariously.

Gutter, you know you wanna be part of this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8-uF9aEpvQ
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Japhy, re your DM recently beseeching me to come up with some ideas to facilitate "bonding and team-building between the attendees" to your 2023 edition of the Crimson/Blue Fest. Well, although it wasn't easy, I was able to cobble together the list below, and hope it lives up to your expectations. And, if I do say so myself, I think the list is gold, in that it's like a Yellow Brick Road leading to the Emerald City, facilitating your ultimate goal to establish a Center, Colorado-based "People's Temple"-like commune, if you will, like the one Jim Jones established in Guyana. I pray you see it the same, and hopefully, agree:

(Also, the attendees would likely feel a stronger sense of trust and assurance if you were to have a Registered Nurse or two, or, perhaps, an ambulance, standing by.)

People are chewing the hottest gum on earth—and winding up in the ER

A TikTok challenge in which people try to chew and blow bubbles with gum made from extremely spicy Capsicum oleoresin (OC) has made the rounds online.

This gum, in particular, offers up to 16 million Scoville heat units (SHU), according to retailer League of Fire. The SHU scale measures a pepper product’s pungency values. According to Chili Pepper Madness, the highest Scoville unit comes in at 15 to 16 million Scoville units.[1][2][3]

The TikTok challenge sent 10 elementary school children in Orange, Massachusetts, to the hospital, according to news reports. After one student brought a pack of the gum to Dexter Park School, others tried it, too—aiming to blow a bubble while enduring the heat of the gum. The Washington Times reported that both parents and ambulances brought the kids to the hospital, with some complaining of a “burning sensation in their mouths and throats, and felt stomach pain as well.” Other students who touched the gum also suffered skin and eye irritation. One who’d merely smelled the gum was hospitalized.

In the event that isn't what you were looking for...

Unusual team building activities are unique and compelling exercises to do with teams.

Non-ordinary, daring adventures empower team members to discover their strengths and how to use them to benefit the team. These unusual team building ideas also nurture creativity, responsibility, and trust among team members, which inspires team unity. Participants should focus on acquiring skills rather than winning and take the safety precautions seriously to get the most fun out of these unusual team building activities:

Skydiving
Aerial Yoga
Scuba Diving
Blindfolded Cooking
Dune Surfing
Drag Brunch
Ostrich Riding
Sumo Wrestling
Flash Mobbing
Blindfold Driving
Chariot Racing
Opposite Gender Day
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

The dunes are deceiving. On a cool day walking on the dunes in barefeet seems like it would be OK. Just know that by the afternoon that sand is hot AF. I wear my hiking boots there. Kids get out of the car and run across the creek barefoot, about 50 yards up the dunes they are running back down crying cuz their feet are burning. I don't even like wearing sandals there in the middle of summer.

http://www.spindriftsandboards.com/#summary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOBcDSd690o
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I do like the idea of chariot racing! My buddy Joaquin has goats. We have a rolling trash bin that might work. We could set up a track inside of Bill's Big Party Garage.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Feral wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:12 am Japhy, re your DM recently beseeching me to come up with some ideas to facilitate "bonding and team-building between the attendees" to your 2023 edition of the Crimson/Blue Fest. Well, although it wasn't easy, I was able to cobble together the list below, and hope it lives up to your expectations. And, if I do say so myself, I think the list is gold, in that it's like a Yellow Brick Road leading to the Emerald City, facilitating your ultimate goal to establish a Center, Colorado-based "People's Temple"-like commune, if you will, like the one Jim Jones established in Guyana. I pray you see it the same, and hopefully, agree:

(Also, the attendees would likely feel a stronger sense of trust and assurance if you were to have a Registered Nurse or two, or, perhaps, an ambulance, standing by.)

People are chewing the hottest gum on earth—and winding up in the ER

A TikTok challenge in which people try to chew and blow bubbles with gum made from extremely spicy Capsicum oleoresin (OC) has made the rounds online.

This gum, in particular, offers up to 16 million Scoville heat units (SHU), according to retailer League of Fire. The SHU scale measures a pepper product’s pungency values. According to Chili Pepper Madness, the highest Scoville unit comes in at 15 to 16 million Scoville units.[1][2][3]

The TikTok challenge sent 10 elementary school children in Orange, Massachusetts, to the hospital, according to news reports. After one student brought a pack of the gum to Dexter Park School, others tried it, too—aiming to blow a bubble while enduring the heat of the gum. The Washington Times reported that both parents and ambulances brought the kids to the hospital, with some complaining of a “burning sensation in their mouths and throats, and felt stomach pain as well.” Other students who touched the gum also suffered skin and eye irritation. One who’d merely smelled the gum was hospitalized.

In the event that isn't what you were looking for...

Unusual team building activities are unique and compelling exercises to do with teams.

Non-ordinary, daring adventures empower team members to discover their strengths and how to use them to benefit the team. These unusual team building ideas also nurture creativity, responsibility, and trust among team members, which inspires team unity. Participants should focus on acquiring skills rather than winning and take the safety precautions seriously to get the most fun out of these unusual team building activities:

Skydiving
Aerial Yoga
Scuba Diving
Blindfolded Cooking
Dune Surfing
Drag Brunch
Ostrich Riding
Sumo Wrestling
Flash Mobbing
Blindfold Driving
Chariot Racing
Opposite Gender Day
wait....if the point isn't to win......whata the point again? I mean....im not riding an ostrich if nobody is timing or judging it to tell me if I did it fastest or best.

also...im pretty sure randy has confirmed that opposite gender day is illegal and everyone might get sent to a mental institution for participation.

I cant do yoga, or touch my toes on the ground....how the hell would I do it in the air.

in short....your list needs work.
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:04 pm
wait....if the point isn't to win......whata the point again? I mean....im not riding an ostrich if nobody is timing or judging it to tell me if I did it fastest or best.
If you ride an ostrich through town I have all the confidence in the world that you will be the best and fastest.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

As we get closer, I’m thinking I should finally just commit.

July 31/August 1 is a Monday Tuesday right?

I’ll prob book a yurt that Monday night.

The weekend before that, I’ll be trying to get some Rio Grande cutthroats off the ol’ fly-fishing bucket list.

Depending on how that goes, I might even bounce over wolf creek pass toward Durango in search of the even more elusive San Juan cutthroat.

I’ll plan to be to the Empire by Monday morning, no later than lunch time-ish, I’m time for those burgers.

Of course, cutthroat bucket lists, and for that matter even watching classic KU games, are only ancillary to the true purpose and goal of the event:

To get DCHawk stoned.

For real, we’re gonna get him giggling even harder than he does on the pols bored!

And, open invite to anyone who would like to do any fishing. I have extra gear and, if you don’t already know how, am happy to teach you how to fly-fish.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Let's have a chat about that fish flying.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Live blog plz.