Kansas Football 2023 Season

Kansas Football.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Kansas Football 2023 Season

Post by TDub »

its not my favorite, but it could be worse.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

TDub wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:44 am its not my favorite, but it could be worse.
Yep, they could use the circus font. :?
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
surly

Post by surly »

i've got ku winning friday night but all the unnecessary noise about unies doesn't help their cause.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Bill Self is a coach.
Your response doesn’t make any sense.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

surly wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:32 am i've got ku winning friday night but all the unnecessary noise about unies doesn't help their cause.
Unnecessary noise about the uniforms will have zero effect on their cause. Good grief. They were designed by the players so they are happy with them and I doubt they give a shit what some rando grumpy fans think about them.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

Sparko wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:16 pm
pdub wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:02 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:46 pm

Gross. Stick with the three basic school colors.
Awful.
Who makes these decisions?
Probably the sponsors.
WHAT!!?? Not the refs??
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:50 pm
surly wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:32 am i've got ku winning friday night but all the unnecessary noise about unies doesn't help their cause.
Unnecessary noise about the uniforms will have zero effect on their cause. Good grief. They were designed by the players so they are happy with them and I doubt they give a shit what some rando grumpy fans think about them.
I’m insulted. I was under the impression that the coach and the team both check here regularly for guidance.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

ramjet wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:43 pm
Sparko wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:16 pm
pdub wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:02 pm

Awful.
Who makes these decisions?
Probably the sponsors.
WHAT!!?? Not the refs??
I laughed.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

I jump on the "bad refs" bandwagon with Sparko sometimes. They're humans and they're going to miss some calls. It's the ones that are momentum changing, game changing, obviously wrong that get me going.

Anyway, back on the unis, if the players like them and it gets them pumped up a little bit to wear them, I'm fine with it. Just please no iredescent highlighter colors like Baylor basketball wears sometimes.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

My issue with refs is that they really do change outcomes. The TCU game last year. But also Kansas has been bad a long time and they err on the side of the higher ranked team a lot. See OU in 2021. I will take the hit for speaking out. But mostly it is frustration from watching games slip away for 50 years or so. My bad. But KU actually got some favorable calls Friday. Cobee caught a break and the Wilson catch. Lived long enough to see it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

so the higher ranked teams get the calls.

from the keyboard of the one guy we can count on to blame the refs for everything in every KU basketball game?

one way or the other, but it can't be both.

I think KU gets hosed a lot in bball. Id stick with that take and leave out the rest.
Just Ledoux it
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:45 am Bill Self is a coach.
Bill Self chooses to and likes to wear Black while representing Kansas. My response makes perfect sense. To me.

Your being upset/angry or at least in some dismay about the student athletes CHOOSING to wear black because it's "fun" for them is fair and I even respect it.
Obviously justifiable based on the "school colors" being crimson, maize, and blue - thanks to KU being UN-original and literally copying Michigan and Harvard.

The other semi ridiculous thing (to me) is our Alma Mater song is 100% UN-original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNV4XT2cUEE
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

TDub wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:13 pm so the higher ranked teams get the calls.

from the keyboard of the one guy we can count on to blame the refs for everything in every KU basketball game?

I think KU gets hosed a lot in bball. Id stick with that take and leave out the rest.
In football, KU was the convenient W for many teams. I am glad the team is taken more seriously. I also think the calls will even out without UT and OU running the brand for the conference. But we are all fans. A lot of folks frustrated by events attack me. I get that. But if you can't vent among fans, these boards are useless. Some of you attack players. Media. Culture. Coaches. But you all have the predilection to bitch because you care about the team. With gambling taking over, I suggest we all watch carefully what is going on. But I laugh at myself too. Not like it matters what we do during games. But there have been some pdub mojo changes. Correlation is not not causation either. Been a good period of time for fans.
Last edited by Sparko on Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:45 am
pdub wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:45 am Bill Self is a coach.
Bill Self chooses to and likes to wear Black while representing Kansas. My response makes perfect sense. To me.

Your being upset/angry or at least in some dismay about the student athletes CHOOSING to wear black because it's "fun" for them is fair and I even respect it.
Obviously justifiable based on the "school colors" being crimson, maize, and blue - thanks to KU being UN-original and literally copying Michigan and Harvard.

The other semi ridiculous thing (to me) is our Alma Mater song is 100% UN-original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNV4XT2cUEE
The Alma Mater song is embarrassingly stolen. With the great music department at KU, we should have moved on decades ago.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Coaches don’t tend to dress in uniform.
But you know that.
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

Sparko wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:30 am
TDub wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:13 pm so the higher ranked teams get the calls.

In football, KU was the convenient W for many teams. I am glad the team is taken more seriously. I also think the calls will even out without UT and OU running the brand for the conference. But we are all fans. A lot of folks frustrated by events attack me. I get that. But if you can't vent among fans, these boards are useless. Some of you attack players. Media. Culture. Coaches. But you all have the predilection to bitch because you care about the team. With gambling taking over, I suggest we all watch carefully what is going on. But I laugh at myself too. Not like it matters what we do during games. But there have been some pdub mojo changes. Correlation is not not causation either. Been a good period of time for fans.
Hey Sparko, my comment on the uniform choice discussion was truly meant as a joke, not an attack. Most of us have posted bad ref comments. The game threads would not be as much fun without your ref comments. (I miss doyel's "contributions", and yes, I know he is welcome to come back). And yes, we are homers ...
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Ramjet: I laugh at myself--I am waaay too touchy of a homer. I have this fierce sense of loyalty reaching back to the Battle of Largs. And these are games. I need to be pounded on the head occasionally. The Vikings are gone.
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

TDub wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:44 am its not my favorite, but it could be worse.
That's kinda where I'm at. Maybe it'll look good on the field. Maybe Illinois will be in their all-oranges...
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:09 am Coaches don’t tend to dress in uniform.
But you know that.
I do get where you are coming from and I actually respect your feelings.
I was just pointing out Self is a fan of Black KU attire.
I happen to like black FOOTBALL uniforms in general but if I was a traditionalist, I would probably be close to appalled that the KU players feel the need to prioritize the culture of "coolness" over school tradition.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I still remember the mineshaft blue fiasco where UNI whipped Gottfried's team. But this is the team's idea this time. Looks kind of sharp.