InfiniteJ
Contributor

Re: Kansas Football 2023 Season

Post by InfiniteJ »

InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I tend to agree with this take, but who the hell knows...

https://x.com/JayhawkTakeover/status/17 ... 87931?s=20
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

That is my take too.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Daniels, Grimm, Neal, Hishaw, Arnold, Skinner, Jared Casey.

All back.

Why would you leave that?
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

I'm sure Franklin is selling the whole "you're the missing piece to getting Penn St over the top" story.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

pdub wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:04 pm Daniels, Grimm, Neal, Hishaw, Arnold, Skinner, Jared Casey.

All back.

Why would you leave that?
I would hope that would be enough to make him want to stay but.....
MAYBE because......
A. PSU might offer him substantially more $.
B. Leipold isn't a lock to stay at KU. I realize that MIGHT actually benefit Kotelnicki (possibly promote him to H.C.?)
C. The majority of PSU's skill position players will probably be back.
D. Historically (and this season) PSU is a better program.

https://nittanylionswire.usatoday.com/2 ... otelnicki/
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

A. I think KU would be open to at least getting close to matching
B. Not a lock but i'm pretty confident he wants to see this program through
C. It can be assumed Daniels > Bean. So Bean is better than Drew Allar. Since I know you'll argue here are the stats: Drew averaged under 200 yards a game for games he started and finished. Bean averaged 255 for games he started and finished ( i'm not adding in his Tech game where he was injured in the 1st quarter ). Bean's QBR 162.5. Dean 138.7. This isn't even factoring in rushing of which Bean is clearly the better rusher. All that said, Daniels is likely better than both of them. He was chosen as offensive B12 POY. Devin Neal also > Kaytron Allen. Lambert Smith and Lawrence Arnold have nearly identical stats with Lambert Smith 20 more yards and 1 more TD but a significantly lower average yards per catch. Kansas has the 29th best offense in yards per game in the nation. Penn State 62nd. TLDR: Kansas, despite PSU's name, has a better returning offense than PSU's.
D. Sure. But like, also, what about all the child abuse and the associated cover ups?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:37 am A. I think KU would be open to at least getting close to matching
B. Not a lock but i'm pretty confident he wants to see this program through
C. It can be assumed Daniels > Bean. So Bean is better than Drew Allar. Since I know you'll argue here are the stats: Drew averaged under 200 yards a game for games he started and finished. Bean averaged 255 for games he started and finished ( i'm not adding in his Tech game where he was injured in the 1st quarter ). Bean's QBR 162.5. Dean 138.7. This isn't even factoring in rushing of which Bean is clearly the better rusher. All that said, Daniels is likely better than both of them. He was chosen as offensive B12 POY. Devin Neal also > Kaytron Allen. Lambert Smith and Lawrence Arnold have nearly identical stats with Lambert Smith 20 more yards and 1 more TD but a significantly lower average yards per catch. Kansas has the 29th best offense in yards per game in the nation. Penn State 62nd. TLDR: Kansas, despite PSU's name, has a better returning offense than PSU's.
D. Sure. But like, also, what about all the child abuse and the associated cover ups?
A. I think and hope you are correct.
B. I think and hope you are correct.
C. Surprise! Surprise! I am not arguing. Right or wrong, stats or not, I believe KU had (this season) and will have (next season) the better COLLECTIVE RETURNING offensive weapons.
D. No doubt PSU has had more than their share of shameful things happen in their athletic history. Unfortunately so does KU. Of course nothing like Sandusky but still plenty to be embarrassed about.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"Of course nothing like Sandusky but still plenty to be embarrassed about."

What shameful things does KU football have in their history that is any more shameful than the average football program? Then compare this to PSU's cover up scandal.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

pdub wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:54 am "Of course nothing like Sandusky but still plenty to be embarrassed about."

What shameful things does KU football have in their history that is any more shameful than the average football program? Then compare this to PSU's cover up scandal.
Gee, other programs have had things such as sexual assault allegations of their players so it makes it no big deal to you that it happened at KU?
Do YOU really feel that way? If so, frankly, I find that embarrassing and shameful.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Help, there's a straw man loose on the boreds.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

I wasn't comparing anything to the PSU coverup scandal.
My exact words - "Of course nothing like Sandusky".
Straw man or not, I choose not to take sexual assault lightly and minimize it because it happened elsewhere. SEEMS that MAY have been what you were doing. Maybe I misinterpreted your words/intention/s. If so, I apologize.

Moving on....

Seems KU fans are not happy about the strong potential of playing in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl.
No doubt the date sucks for these who have/had Christmas plans. Silver lining = There are worse places to be in late December than Phoenix. If I could afford and justify spending the money to go, I would like to be there.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

As someone who would likely never go to a bowl game around the holidays, I love it. Day after Xmas ( taking the week off ) and i might be the only one awake?

Take.
hartjack8
Contributor

Post by hartjack8 »

Fightin about something that is most likely not going to happen is truly a waste of time.

There is probably something else you can sling mud at each other about.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

As we expected, Kotelnicki was offered the Penn St OC job...hopefully this ends one way or another soon.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

I wouldn't be quite so bummed if he wasn't going to the school known for covering up SA against children.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

UnholyLivingDead wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:33 pm I wouldn't be quite so bummed if he wasn't going to the school known for covering up SA against children.
I'm not saying PSU as a university doesn't still deserve ridicule but I try not to find fault in/with people who weren't involved in things from the past. My uneducated guess is there are very few, if any people, who were in any way involved in the cover up, that are still at PSU.

We (you and I - and my guess is most if not all on here) are in agreement that it's a bummer he's leaving - no matter where it is he is going.
The rest of my sentiment is best of luck to him. Not best of luck to PSU.
UnholyLivingDead

Post by UnholyLivingDead »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:13 pm
UnholyLivingDead wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:33 pm I wouldn't be quite so bummed if he wasn't going to the school known for covering up SA against children.
I'm not saying PSU as a university doesn't still deserve ridicule but I try not to find fault in/with people who weren't involved in things from the past. My uneducated guess is there are very few, if any people, who were in any way involved in the cover up, that are still at PSU.

We (you and I - and my guess is most if not all on here) are in agreement that it's a bummer he's leaving - no matter where it is he is going.
The rest of my sentiment is best of luck to him. Not best of luck to PSU.
Absolutely this. But some things some schools have been involved in will leave a permanent stink. If he was going to be the OC at Washington? Fine. Taking a job at Penn State or Baylor? Feels gross.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yup.