Re: Kansas Football 2023 Season

Post by pdub »

“ His body language was defeatist and he failed as a leader.”

- you
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:01 pm “ His body language was defeatist and he failed as a leader.”

- you
Ah. Got it.

Like I said, I hope he proves me wrong on all counts. I remain dubious.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I hope he does too.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

I love Jason Bean and root for him every play he's out there. However...

Daniels - " When he’s played, he’s completed 74.7% of his passes for 705 yards and five touchdowns with just one interception." Ah, what this season might have been.

Bean - "Bean is the one who has mostly led Kansas, throwing for 1,131 yards and nine touchdowns while completing 60.6% of his passes." 4 interceptions. Several thrown right to the defense but dropped. I'm sure Daniels had a couple of those as well.

https://throughthephog.com/2023/11/04/j ... owa-state/
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

AlOerter wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:56 am I love Jason Bean and root for him every play he's out there. However...

Daniels - " When he’s played, he’s completed 74.7% of his passes for 705 yards and five touchdowns with just one interception." Ah, what this season might have been.

Bean - "Bean is the one who has mostly led Kansas, throwing for 1,131 yards and nine touchdowns while completing 60.6% of his passes." 4 interceptions. Several thrown right to the defense but dropped. I'm sure Daniels had a couple of those as well.

I agree with this. I don't think that it is unreasonable to acknowledge that Daniels is a better QB and that the team/season would be better with him. That's not the same as disparaging Bean or accusing him of being a worthless individual or, worse yet, wishing bad things on him and the team.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Bean just needs to have more running opps. His throws should be from out of the pocket primarily.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:06 am
AlOerter wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:56 am I love Jason Bean and root for him every play he's out there. However...

I agree with this. I don't think that it is unreasonable to acknowledge that Daniels is a better QB and that the team/season would be better with him. That's not the same as disparaging Bean or accusing him of being a worthless individual or, worse yet, wishing bad things on him and the team.
You are either with us or against us.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:18 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:06 am

You are either with us or against us.
OK. Not sure how my post lends itself to that response, unless you're being ironic. But whatever.
AlOerter
Contributor

Post by AlOerter »

Sparko wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:09 am Bean just needs to have more running opps. His throws should be from out of the pocket primarily.
I think the coaching staff is deliberately limiting his runs because if he gets hurt our backups are all inexperienced.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

JKLivin wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:06 am OK. Not sure how my post lends itself to that response, unless you're being ironic. But whatever.
Is it being ironic to make fun of the mentality of most on this (and just about every) internet message board?

If so, then yes, that’s what I was doing.

You and I are not in exact alignment on our thoughts on Bean, but it seems close.

Looking forward to not having the feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop in close games in second half. The OU game was awesome, and hope the team can win more games like that, should they present themselves. But statistics say that won’t happen.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Back2Lawrence wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:26 pm
JKLivin wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:06 am OK. Not sure how my post lends itself to that response, unless you're being ironic. But whatever.
Is it being ironic to make fun of the mentality of most on this (and just about every) internet message board?

If so, then yes, that’s what I was doing.

You and I are not in exact alignment on our thoughts on Bean, but it seems close.

Looking forward to not having the feeling of waiting for the other shoe to drop in close games in second half. The OU game was awesome, and hope the team can win more games like that, should they present themselves. But statistics say that won’t happen.
Cool. Thanks for clarifying.
InfiniteJ
Contributor

Post by InfiniteJ »

AlOerter wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:49 pm
Sparko wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:09 am Bean just needs to have more running opps. His throws should be from out of the pocket primarily.
I think the coaching staff is deliberately limiting his runs because if he gets hurt our backups are all inexperienced.
I'm thinking the same...which sucks since he's arguably the fastest player in college football.
Back2Lawrence

Post by Back2Lawrence »

Maybe JD6 would come in if Bean gets hurt? Wouldn’t that be something. Hope it’s not even remotely a possibly.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Uh Daniels played against Illinois and Nevada.

So sure he did well.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

JKLivin wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:54 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:42 pm I still think we can get 2 more wins in the regular season and win our bowl game.
That'd be pretty fucking rad.
With Bean at QB? Doubtful. OSU game revealed his true colors. Absolutely self-destructed and took the team with him at clutch time. If he doesn't throw that INT in the end zone, it is a completely different game.
Hi.
We are at 2 more wins.
With 3 more left.

We probably win at least one of those.
Pretty fucking rad.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:36 pm
JKLivin wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:54 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:42 pm I still think we can get 2 more wins in the regular season and win our bowl game.
That'd be pretty fucking rad.
With Bean at QB? Doubtful. OSU game revealed his true colors. Absolutely self-destructed and took the team with him at clutch time. If he doesn't throw that INT in the end zone, it is a completely different game.
Hi.
We are at 2 more wins.
With 3 more left.

We probably win at least one of those.
Pretty fucking rad.
Yup. You were right. I was wrong.

Thanks for not being a dick about it. Other than calling me a bitch and bringing it up over and over again.

I’m going to enjoy the win. You do you, I guess.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I didn’t call you a bitch.

And it’s fair to take a bit of a beating when you shit on our own players when they are playing well on a Kansas message bored.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Has anyone noticed that Psych is our new Doyel?
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:40 pm I didn’t call you a bitch.

And it’s fair to take a bit of a beating when you shit on our own players when they are playing well on a Kansas message bored.
pdub wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 8:45 pm So..two things.
It should be first down for KU, clear DPI.
Anyone who questioned Beans leadership or toughness is a bitch.
Yup. No worries. I thought you were better than that. As we’ve established, I’m wrong sometimes. Enjoy your circle jerk with Overlander and 99.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I actually appreciate you Psych.
And value you for saying you were wrong. That shows humility and value.

I just go hard against those who like to pick a player on our own team and shit in him when he never deserved it.

( cough DMac haters )