Overrated

Coffee talk.
japhy
Contributor

Re: Overrated

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:34 pm Lol.

Thanks for your services during the tire change bro.

That chick hit me up on the gram, but turns out she already had a boyfriend all along.

so somewhere in that all is a joke about jacking off.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:36 pm Also, didn’t you run into Gigi at new sky ranch again?

How do they make a living and stuff?

cuuuuz if I could figure out how to just live in a rustic old cabin on some acreage and do art and host other creative types, I’d be all about that.
If you don't live off a trust fund by now, you never will.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yea.

Fuckin generational wealth!

Or, perhaps, lack thereof. You’d think my money-obsessed parents woulda done better. Or maybe they did, and they’re still just too self-centered to share.

Speaking of, and this is by no means a shot at anyone specifically, buuut know what’s like totally overrated?

Baby Boomers.

As a matter of distribution of wealth, they’re the greediest generation of all time.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

So give us a quick run down on what you have been doing to accumulate wealth?

You do know that Victor and Gigi rent tents out at the ranch right? You could always go up there for a week or so and hang out and see what it is they do all day. I haven't been inside the "ranch" but "rustic" does not do justice to the reality of living at the end of that road.

The cost of admission is pretty cheap out there as I have mentioned. Not everyone has the emotional wherewithal to stick around though. If they are still there in 5 years you will know they are real pioneers. If not you can probably buy the "ranch" for not much more than what they did.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What have I been doing to accumulate wealth?

Well, I DID just start a new job.

And this time around, I picked one not because I actually have any interest in the line of work, but simply because it offered the superior salary.

I bet yer so proud of me!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

also, holy shit, did Japhy just give Victor and Gigi the kiss of death?!
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

Gender reveals
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Working from home
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Working
Deleted User 863

ousdahl wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:40 pmWorking
We're all shocked. 😉
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hear me out!

I’m not opposed to working. Even working hard! I think that’s obviously important, and affords accomplishment, and such.

I’m opposed to this compulsory system of labor that requires us all to commit so much of our lives to some employer/s, overwhelmingly for the benefit of the employers much more so than ourselves, often for little more than our own economic survival.

Would anyone really like to argue they’d prefer to spend as much time as we do “at work,” rather than spending more time with loved ones? Or pursuing passions? Or stoned off yer ass on a trout stream in the San Juans?

The whole “40 hour work week” thing is antiquated too. That comes from a time overwhelmingly of single-income households, when it could be much more expected that someone else in your home was available to tend to all the life things besides work.

Yet now, with such increased productivity and more automation and all the resources available, we still cling to some arbitrary 40+ hour a week system of working

and it’s sooo overrated.
Deleted User 863

We know. You don't have to do this every single day.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Ousie, you should look into what the UN head said recently about our economic system(s) and wealth inequality
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

I haven't worked a 40hr week in a long time.

Maybe you should find a job that allows you the freedom you want. Although something tells me you'd be piss poor in a situation like that due to your work ethic. There are A LOT of jobs/careers that don't require punching a time clock on a mandated 40hr work week.

I can do a $1,500-$2,000+ appraisal in one day, two max even for the compicated ones. 150-200 of those a year @ 50% commission is a good living and I am still golfing 3 or 4 days a week.

Stop sitting around waiting for someone else to do the hard part for you. I am a trainable idiot. If I can find a way to navigate your BOOGEYMAN system of capitalism then I think you probably can to. But you're an adult. Nobody is going to hold your hand through it.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:06 pm I haven't worked a 40hr week in a long time.
If you don't count message board trolling. ;)
Deleted User 863

Sparko wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:51 pm
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:06 pm I haven't worked a 40hr week in a long time.
If you don't count message board trolling. ;)
That's not work. That's play!

What I am trying to figure out is what 40hrs during each week is Q working because he's here as much as me and I don't work hardly at all most days and I wake up early every morning.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

acronyms
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

WTV
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:57 amacronyms
At work we have a microservice called Fact Universe. Our architect abbreviates it in his diagrams as FU. And talks about it with a straight face. I can't tell if he doesn't get it or if he's amusing himself.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Mjl wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:09 pm
KUTradition wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:57 amacronyms
At work we have a microservice called Fact Universe. Our architect abbreviates it in his diagrams as FU. And talks about it with a straight face. I can't tell if he doesn't get it or if he's amusing himself.
haha…awesome

i hope it’s the latter