Chinese spy balloon

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: Chinese spy balloon

Post by ousdahl »

Or, if China DID intentionally let a balloon float over Merica, maybe it WAS just to fuck with us?

Like I posted, we’re expanding our military presence right on their doorstep, which I can’t imagine makes them feel all warm and fuzzy about us.

Or, like I also posted, we too are apparently using balloons against China. I wonder whether there’s been any “Merican balloon floating over China” sorts of stories in China, and whether we’d even hear about it if so.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Poor China.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

digitalkookie wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:22 pm
jfish26 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:07 pm2 - Just wait until that same crowd learns about spy satellites.
Those will be shot down as well...with Jewish space lasers of course.
Shh, no spoilers
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:03 pmPoor China.
That's Q.

First Russia. Now China.

I don't get it.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

We have a balloon gap

Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DC beat you by 4 days. Go back and look at page 2 on this thread.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

I'm surprised I haven't seen a 99 White Balloons song yet. Somebody's gotta be on that, right?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

been a lotta good memes

what if we shot it down and it turns out the balloon was filled with a bright pink smoke and a couple of expecting parents start hugging and kissing after seeing it?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mjl wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:33 am I'm surprised I haven't seen a 99 White Balloons song yet. Somebody's gotta be on that, right?
Wasn't it red balloons? Terrible song though.
Defense. Rebounds.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 11:29 am
Mjl wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:33 am I'm surprised I haven't seen a 99 White Balloons song yet. Somebody's gotta be on that, right?
Wasn't it red balloons? Terrible song though.
Right, but it still dealt with balloons in reference to a cold war, so I'm expecting a cover with the lyrics changed to fit this
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

new “object” just shot down by US military over Alaska

roughly the size of a small car…
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

KUTradition wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:04 pm new “object” just shot down by US military over Alaska

roughly the size of a small car…
Cracks me up. "Pentagon shoots down unknown object".

The Pentagon is a building. Buildings don't shoot down objects.
They shot down an unknown object? Gee, I wonder if it was an important American object.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

it’s aliens
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Another example of the oxymoron known as U.S. Intelligence. Or our government lying to the people.

The US is not referring to the high-altitude object downed near Alaska as a balloon and has not attributed it to China or any other entity.

“We’re calling this an object because that’s the best description we have right now. We don’t know who owns it – whether it’s state-owned or corporate-owned or privately-owned, we just don’t know,” said John Kirby, National Security Council coordinator for strategic communications.
“We don't have any information that would confirm a stated purpose for this object".

Perhaps it is/was a bio weapon?
Perhaps it is/was an important American "object"?
Here is my perhaps - Perhaps they should have known what the fuck it was before they shot it down.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

i disagree, based on what’s being reported

different from the balloon (apparently), this thing didn’t appear to have the capability to control its speed or direction and represented a risk to civilian aircraft (flying at 40k ft). the actions seem justified in my mind (but i woulda shot the balloon down way earlier too, so…)
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Someone is off in the distance near my house. I'm not sure who it is or what the person is doing.
I'll go ahead and shoot the person. Person dead.
Oops! It was my kid.
Bad analogy? Probably. But.... You get my drift?
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

lol…shitty analogy (imo)
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Time for me to consider the conspiracy thread?

1. We have some of the best "intelligence" in the world. They couldn't identify an object in our airspace?
We sent up jets to check it out. Twice. They couldn't get close enough and figure out what it is/was? Embarrassing if true. I call bullshit.

2. We were told this object was shot down because it "posed a reasonable threat to civilian air traffic”. Ok, and the Chinese ballon didn't? Yes, allegedly the "spy" balloon was flying at 60,000 feet. It couldn't have been lowered to 40,000 feet in a short period of time?

3. Last night the Pentagon spokesman said, “I won’t go into specifics due to classification reasons,”.
Umm... They went in to specifics in regards to the Chinese "spy" balloon but they won't go in to specifics about this object - and matters concerning this "object" have become "classified"? Hmmmm.

4. 12 hours later, no updates/news - basically silence.

KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KUTradition wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:32 pm it’s aliens