Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Official Crimson/Blue Fest 2023 invitation

Post by Shirley »

Overlander wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:49 am
Feral wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:34 pm
japhy wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:26 pm

My next door neighbor is a liquor store. "Some people" have never been to the valley.

You do have to leave the City limits to go to Colorado's Kindest Dispensary, but that is a two minute drive so not a real issue.
If you ask me, "Colorado's Kindest Dispensary" sounds like a front for a sex trafficking ring.
Yeah, but they only traffic in clowns.

You’re gonna want the weed
^^^

I know a guy...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Feral wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:46 am
TDub wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:27 amclowns are great
I once dated a woman who had a phobia for clowns, and she wasn't faking that, either.

Coulrophobia is a rare phobia that makes a person afraid of clowns, making it stressful to see, imagine, or interact with them. While many people know that it exists, most link it to small children — yet, it’s also common in adults.
i mean there are some creepy, bad, clowns....

IT, John Wayne Gacy, Ronald McDonald, Cascadia

but clowns get a bad rap...
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

LOL
Defense. Rebounds.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Come on people. I have a direct flight to Denver. Renting a car. Doing a loop of CO. Hitting up lots of places in prime season. I haven't done this since I was a kid, and I am looking forward to it.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

DrPepper wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:09 pm Come on people. I have a direct flight to Denver. Renting a car. Doing a loop of CO. Hitting up lots of places in prime season. I haven't done this since I was a kid, and I am looking forward to it.
FWIW (A warm "expired" Coors beer and 1/10 of a gallon of gas?) my hope is when you do it you still feel like you're a kid. Just an older one.

If I am unable to attend, another hope I have is, someone takes a group photo - that's sharable.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

a warm coors is better than a cold bud
Just Ledoux it
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:18 pm

If I am unable to attend, another hope I have is, someone takes a group photo - that's sharable.
Kansas Crimson at Solstice 2020, Udoka is in front with his dog brows.

I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

That's a lot of clowns and a big handful of trouble.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Update, Newtongirl can not make it this year and had to cancel. So there are nine yurts still available.

We are currently working on the "secret garden" installation. Driving to Jeff City on Saturday to pick up some light fixtures. The fixtures are about 6 foot in diameter and came out of a restaurant/lounge built in the 60's in St Louis. Multiple panels of stained glass, and they hang down maybe three to four feet. We have a big party room, about 40 x 25 with 16 foot ceilings. We needed light fixtures that will make a statement. We are buying 6 of them. That might be enough to make a fuckin statement.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

So, I spoke with Mrs 99 and this is going to be wife sponsored (even better than wife sanctioned).
Problem is, we hope to be in MSP at this time but there aren't any guarantees and I'm not sure which airport I am flying out of.

Japhy, what do you need for a deposit? Any yurts left?
Defense. Rebounds.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

99, make this happen!
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

japhy wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:39 pm

Thanks for sharing!
Looks like 4 cool dudes but have to be honest, I think I might have had as much fun with the dog as I would have had with the humans.
Further convincing me I need a dog.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:29 pm

Thanks for sharing!
Looks like 4 cool dudes but have to be honest, I think I might have had as much fun with the dog as I would have had with the humans.
Dogs need yards.

You'd need a yard.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:41 pm
RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:29 pm

Thanks for sharing!
Dogs need yards.

You'd need a yard.
I agree dogs need yards.
I have huge park 3 blocks from my home.
Lake Shore Park.
I have another park that is very large block 3 blocks from my home.
Bennett Park
I have a large beach that is 2-3 blocks from my home.
Ohio Street Beach.
I have a lakefront that is literally miles long that is a block from my home.
That being said, I still feel it's not right FOR ME to have a dog in a high rise apartment and have a full time job in which I am out of my apartment at least 10 hours a day - away from the dog.

Now back to the C/B Fest.....
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Quick update on Crimson/Blue Fest, at this point we only have about half of the quonsets and yurts "booked" with our group. The organizing committee ( me and Defix) met this weekend and have decided to drop our "hold" on the yurts and quonsets for the dates of July 31 and Aug 1. This will likely hit the Frontier Drive Inn website today or tomorrow. It seemed a waste to hold the whole place and have it half full.

So if you are wanting to rent a yurt or quonset for those days book it directly on the Frontier website ASAP. All of the events on our schedule will happen as planned, we just may not have the whole Frontier to ourselves. But we will have the Spud Lounge and most of town to run as we please.

https://www.frontierdriveinn.com

I was told earlier this AM that you can now book thru Expedia as well if you prefer that.

As have a newly added bonus to everyone who comes to the event, all attendees will receive a free photo of DC and Vivek Ramasmarmy to frame and cherish for the rest of your days. If you are nice to him you might get DC to autograph it for you. There will also be copies of DC's new book for purchase which features a quote from no less a celebrity than Tucker (slouchy chair muthafuckin bitch) Carlson on the cover. There will be a tip jar on the signing table.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

will there be ball tanning?
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"As have a newly added bonus to everyone who comes to the event, all attendees will receive a free photo of DC and Vivek Ramasmarmy to frame and cherish for the rest of your days"

A photo of them together or do I get two photos?
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

pdub wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 10:41 am "As have a newly added bonus to everyone who comes to the event, all attendees will receive a free photo of DC and Vivek Ramasmarmy to frame and cherish for the rest of your days"

A photo of them together or do I get two photos?
Of course it has to be the two of them together, with their name tags on, sharing a laugh. You can ask DC at the signing what the joke The Tuck shared with them that made them guffaw.