Official Crimson/Blue Fest 2023 invitation

Coffee talk.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Official Crimson/Blue Fest 2023 invitation

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Thanks Overlander. I think.
Very hard for me to commit at this time. Would love to make it if I can. Won't be easy for several reasons but am willing (and wanting) to make the effort.
Not sure how others feel about it but if I can't make it, I would love to do a quick "FaceTime" just to say - what's up and see all of your ugly faces enjoying yourselves.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Work your magic, Gutter. I'd love to meet you out there!
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I already told him that if he flies into Alamosa someone will pick him up and give him a ride for the duration.

DC? You in yet?
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Here's a little more info on the San Luis Valley. They interview Ted Conover the author of "Cheap Land Colorado". He tells some interesting stories in his book, and he spends summers out there in a trailer. Anyone interested in venturing out there into the weirdness I can show you around. I have talked to Ted via email a couple of times, we plan to meet for coffee sometime when we are both in the SLV.

https://www.rmpbs.org/colorado-voices/cheap-land/
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

That's a good book!
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

It is, Kate Perdoni from RMPBS is doing this series. She has done a number of stories on the SLV. I met her when Chip Thomas was installing his work at the Lafayette Head Compound in Antonito. She seems to really love the Empire. I invited her to the last Solstice. II will invite her to this summer's party as well.

So who is next to sign up? Eight yurts left.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I put the deposit down and the Frontier Drive Inn is reserved for our dates.

Eight yurts left, after that you will need to rent a motel room in Monte Vista or Del Norte or camp in Penitente Canyon.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

japhy wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:24 pm It is, Kate Perdoni from RMPBS is doing this series. She has done a number of stories on the SLV. I met her when Chip Thomas was installing his work at the Lafayette Head Compound in Antonito. She seems to really love the Empire. I invited her to the last Solstice. II will invite her to this summer's party as well.

So who is next to sign up? Eight yurts left.
Still working on it...
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Bump....there will be a poll posted at some point to vote on the games to be viewed on the big screen. To clarify we only get the big screen access if we rent all of the yurts, of which there are eight still open.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Come on motherfuckers.

You have to make the leap of commitment, work out the details later.

The Valley is a very unique and amazing place. Bring your families, trust me, they will not lack for cool stuff that can easily fill up a weekend.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It's in the middle of the work week, i'm already planning a get away with the guys leaving behind BUD for a while and my summer is bookin' up fast.

This is 2-3 years too early or 2-3 years too late.
I've promised 2025 though.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I really want to go, can't commit.
Defense. Rebounds.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

soft commitment here

too many moving parts and unknowns to say for sure
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Why do I have little doubt C/B Fest becomes something like this with Japhy playing the role of Bozo?

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Hey Japhy, isn't that our Solstice parade?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy,

Some people say that both Saguache and Rio Grande, the two counties where the sprawling metropolis of Center, Co. is located, are both dry counties.

When were you planning to tell us?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Feral wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:57 pm japhy,

Some people say that both Saguache and Rio Grande, the two counties where the sprawling metropolis of Center, Co. is located, are both dry counties.

My next door neighbor is a liquor store. "Some people" have never been to the valley.

You do have to leave the City limits to go to Colorado's Kindest Dispensary, but that is a two minute drive so not a real issue.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:10 pm Why do I have little doubt C/B Fest becomes something like this with Japhy playing the role of Bozo?

I wish I had a baton like that.

I did just find my dad's Mt Fuji hiking stick from 1952. With just a little work....
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:26 pm

My next door neighbor is a liquor store. "Some people" have never been to the valley.

You do have to leave the City limits to go to Colorado's Kindest Dispensary, but that is a two minute drive so not a real issue.
If you ask me, "Colorado's Kindest Dispensary" sounds like a front for a sex trafficking ring.

Do you have any evidence to the contrary, to put our minds at ease?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Feral wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:34 pm
japhy wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:26 pm

If you ask me, "Colorado's Kindest Dispensary" sounds like a front for a sex trafficking ring.
Yeah, but they only traffic in clowns.

You’re gonna want the weed