Official Crimson/Blue Fest 2023 invitation

Coffee talk.
DrPepper

Re: Official Crimson/Blue Fest 2023 invitation

Post by DrPepper »

I’m flying RT to Denver. Renting a car. Planning a couple of days in the Colorado Springs area, doing Skyline Drive in Cañon City, KCrim Fest, several days using Ouray as base, ??, depart DEN.
I’ve never been south or west of Cañon City before.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

For anyone arriving in the San Luis Valley early, this is going on at the Frontier on the Saturday before our fest. We will have our spaces open to the public on the 29th and there will be a party in Bill's Big Party Garage that night. The location for this artwork is near the base of the Sangre de Cristos and the Great Sand Dunes. It will be opening to the public during our festival as well and a short trip if you want to see it.

https://www.orisons.art
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

It was a long drive back from the Empire yesterday. Plenty of time for thinking, a dangerous past time I know.

I membered I have a gift from my nephew "Scarecrow" in a drawer and will bring this KU artifact out to the Valley for the Festival. We will set up a selfie station and call it "how do you measure up". In the photo above you can see me wearing Joel Embiid's KU practice shorts. Joel and my nephew are friends from Scarecrow's days on Self's staff. You will each get to put these shorts on and we will take your photo standing next to a life size photo of Joel. Brings your best kicks for the photo Gutter.

No the shorts are not for sale.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DrPepper wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:46 am I’m flying RT to Denver. Renting a car. Planning a couple of days in the Colorado Springs area, doing Skyline Drive in Cañon City, KCrim Fest, several days using Ouray as base, ??, depart DEN.
The Springs are nice that time of year. Check out the deck at Cerberus Brewing, the food and beer are good. The Owner is a friend of the Empire's Party Garage Bill. You should take Highway 50 from Canon City to Salida ( it is the scenic Bighorn Canyon route) and check out that town on the way. Great places to grab lunch in Salida and the river front in "downtown" is a nice place to take a break. From Salida it is a short scenic jump over Poncho Pass to the valley.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Not many of you are aware of this but prior to going to KU med school, Feral/Shirley was a professional dancer. On the evening of July 31, as the super moon is rising, Feral/Shirley will recreate this dance in it's entirety in the skylos at the Frontier. It promises to be a very special evening. Defix and I will be the backup dancers. We are working on updated costumes. I did find these goggles in the back of the former MorValu store, it's a start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlM3WSlDYIc
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

those goggles are…minion-esque
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Whomever that is, he very much looks like my officiant ( sans the mask and goggles ).
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

japhy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 12:56 pm Not many of you are aware of this but prior to going to KU med school, Feral/Shirley was a professional dancer. On the evening of July 31, as the super moon is rising, Feral/Shirley will recreate this dance in it's entirety in the skylos at the Frontier. It promises to be a very special evening. Defix and I will be the backup dancers. We are working on updated costumes. I did find these goggles in the back of the former MorValu store, it's a start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlM3WSlDYIc
I thought you said you could keep a secret?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

pdub wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 1:02 pm Whomever that is, he very much looks like my officiant ( sans the mask and goggles ).
I have never performed a wedding, but I did lead the St Cannabis service in the Spud Lounge on Sunday evening.
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

Wife is out for this trip.
She and I have some business to attend to in the Grand Lake area in August.

Poor girl just cannot muster 2 round trips to Colorado in the same month.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Party time!
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

defixione wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 10:12 pmParty time!
Was that ever in doubt?
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

Overlander wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:57 pm Wife is out for this trip.
She and I have some business to attend to in the Grand Lake area in August.

Poor girl just cannot muster 2 round trips to Colorado in the same month.
Plano is going solo. Other than Pepper is it going to be a pirate ship?
I get not bringing sand to the beach but it's seeming it's less a beach and more of a sausage fest.
Not that there is anything wrong with that but when it resembles a Green Bay Wisconsin strip club in February and the fellas are going to be looking like this........

Then I have to think that's the last place I need/want to be.
Ok, settle down! I kid, I kid!

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

RainbowsandUnicorns wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 1:47 am

Plano is going solo. Other than Pepper is it going to be a pirate ship?
I get not bringing sand to the beach but it's seeming it's less a beach and more of a sausage fest.
Not that there is anything wrong with that but when it resembles a Green Bay Wisconsin strip club in February and the fellas are going to be looking like this........

I know that guy, he was camped out on the edge of town before winter set in. He stole Joaquin's power washer. Joaquin and Miguel went out there and found it in the spider hole the guy was living in, near the old potato barns. Miguel is pretty mild mannered, but he told the guy he would kill him and bury him in his dugout if he ever did that shit again. I think he moved to Alamosa or Pueblo after that.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Relax Gutter, it won't be a sausage fest.

Defix wife is going to be there, and Kimmie from the liquor store, and Ena will stop by, Eileen, Minhin, and Carrie from Tulsa, and the party girls from Dan's Cantina will drop in once they hear there is free beer in the Spud Lounge. It sounds like Suzie Creamcheese will not be there; to be in the same room with both DC and I would probably break her. Annie Oakley is giving a presentation at Fanshawe College in London, Ontario two days after this event so she is bowing out as well.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Suzie Creamcheese.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

japhy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:41 am Relax Gutter, it won't be a sausage fest.

Defix wife is going to be there, and Kimmie from the liquor store, and Ena will stop by, Eileen, Minhin, and Carrie from Tulsa, and the party girls from Dan's Cantina will drop in once they hear there is free beer in the Spud Lounge. It sounds like Suzie Creamcheese will not be there; to be in the same room with both DC and I would probably break her. Annie Oakley is giving a presentation at Fanshawe College in London, Ontario two days after this event so she is bowing out as well.
Well, being that I am typically afraid of girls/women, maybe a sausage fest would have been a good thing?
Have to admit I am curious about Suzie Creamcheese. I used to be known as Bobby Bagel. Figure she and I might be a match made in....... Hell?

In all seriousness, highly doubtful I'll be able to make it (I know - some are probably thinking/saying HOORAY!) but I am not going to give up on hope something/s will work out and I can/will be there.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

I suspect you aren't really Suzie's type. After that weird acid trip I really wasn't either, she didn't seem to recover well, I should have realized she was too young for that much weirdness.

Then she met DC.... she is just a fond memory now and the mother of his children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKeK8g0PLp4
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

japhy wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 9:51 am
DrPepper wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:46 am I’m flying RT to Denver. Renting a car. Planning a couple of days in the Colorado Springs area, doing Skyline Drive in Cañon City, KCrim Fest, several days using Ouray as base, ??, depart DEN.
The Springs are nice that time of year. Check out the deck at Cerberus Brewing, the food and beer are good. The Owner is a friend of the Empire's Party Garage Bill. You should take Highway 50 from Canon City to Salida ( it is the scenic Bighorn Canyon route) and check out that town on the way. Great places to grab lunch in Salida and the river front in "downtown" is a nice place to take a break. From Salida it is a short scenic jump over Poncho Pass to the valley.
Excellent! And which 4x4 tour should we sign up for out of Ouray?