Super Bowl LVII

Kansas Football.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Super Bowl LVII

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
Deleted User 863

Post by Deleted User 863 »

RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:38 am LOL

https://www.instagram.com/p/ColmkZErhvT ... M4ZDc5MmU=

The ending seemed fine to me.
Amazing how many people are bitching that the refs made the right/proper call.
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That’s a tough call to change the outcome but his jersey was clearly grabbed.

A TD wasn’t overturned ( like Boltons 2nd ) and we likely woulda got a FG regardless. Eagles just would have had a chance to score again.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Chiefs coach Andy Reid said he is not planning to retire following the team's victory in Super Bowl LVII.
“I look in the mirror and I’m old," Reid began in his post-game press conference. "My heart, though, is young. I still enjoy doing what I’m doing. I got asked that 50 times here. Finally I just go, ‘Whatever, man. Whatever.’ ... I’m good with what I’m doing right now. Listen, if they’ll have me, I’ll stick around.”

Patrick Mahomes completed 21-of-27 passes for 182 yards and three touchdowns in the Chiefs' 38-35, Super LVII victory over the Eagles, adding six rushes for 44 additional yards.
With Kansas City trailing 24-14 at halftime, Mahomes was just 8-of-13 for 89 yards and one score. Then coach Andy Reid and the Chiefs flipped the switch and scored on every single one of their second half possessions to take home the third Super Bowl victory in franchise history. It was another mold-shattering season for the most valuable player in football, with Mahomes leading the league in yards (5,250), passing touchdowns (41) and QBR (77.6)… The scary part for the rest of the league is, 2022 was probably as weak as Mahomes’ supporting cast will ever be.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/ ... =headlines
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:06 am
KUTradition wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:48 pm not pregnant, but just had a baby
https://www.instagram.com/p/Coli4XVrT_2 ... M4ZDc5MmU=
yes, i read that afterwards too

good job!!
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Deleted User 863

KUTradition wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:56 am
BasketballJayhawk wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:06 am
KUTradition wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:48 pm not pregnant, but just had a baby
https://www.instagram.com/p/Coli4XVrT_2 ... M4ZDc5MmU=
yes, i read that afterwards too

good job!!
Well, I felt bad. Never good to assume someone is pregnant and then be wrong.
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Glad I left a spot for a new Super Bowl winner when I hung all my stuff in the new basement.

Since 2008:
2 Chiefs Super Bowls plus played for another
2 KU titles plus played for another
1 Royals title plus played for another
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

It was a clean game and well officiated. I wasn't happy with some missed calls, but when you hold on a timing pattern? Has to be flagged. All of us saw the terrible way the TCU game ended. Because its late in the game doesn't mean you get to cheat. Or shouldn't anyway. I was surprised at the Philly bias in the media all week. That wasn't the 1985 Bears defense. They feasted on really bad teams. KC was better.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

Sparko wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:12 am Because it’s late in the game doesn't mean you get to cheat.
^^^^^

i’ve seen just one write-up that even mentioned the other bad calls, and that one sad it best…that philly had failed to stop the Chiefs at all in the second half, so all of the hubub proclaiming that the calm cost philly the game is nonsense
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Plus, the Chiefs arguably had 2 big calls go against them. I thought the fumble returned for TD that was reversed and called incomplete should have stood. Also, don't think Goedert caught that ball cleanly before his foot came up.

The officiating was completely fine.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

pdub wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:43 am That’s a tough call to change the outcome but his jersey was clearly grabbed.

A TD wasn’t overturned ( like Boltons 2nd ) and we likely woulda got a FG regardless. Eagles just would have had a chance to score again.
^^

But, I'd feel better about it if it had been a more catchable ball. I'm not certain it was, even if he wasn't held.

What a classy, standup guy:

James Bradberry admits late penalty call was on him
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Feral wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:28 am
pdub wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:43 am That’s a tough call to change the outcome but his jersey was clearly grabbed.

^^

But, I'd feel better about it if it had been a more catchable ball. I'm not certain it was, even if he wasn't held.

But the call wasn't pass interference. There's no catchability test. And the reason is that holding prevents a ball from being catchable in the first place.

The late hit in the Bengals game was the correct call, even though the contact was on the lighter side and the contact did not affect the play on the field.

The defensive hold call here was not remotely questionable. It was the correct call, and it impacted the play on the field.

As a football fan, would it have been fun to see Hurts try to answer? Of course. But arguably he should have been answering a TD, not a FG.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:54 am
Feral wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:28 am

^^

But the call wasn't pass interference. There's no catchability test. And the reason is that holding prevents a ball from being catchable in the first place.

The late hit in the Bengals game was the correct call, even though the contact was on the lighter side and the contact did not affect the play on the field.

The defensive hold call here was not remotely questionable. It was the correct call, and it impacted the play on the field.

As a football fan, would it have been fun to see Hurts try to answer? Of course. But arguably he should have been answering a TD, not a FG.
^^^

I'd still feel better about it if it had been a more catchable ball.

If I won a mt bike race because the cyclist in front of me flatted, I'm not sorry I won, but I'd feel better about it if he hadn't.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

The route was supposed to be a quick out but the hold prevented that and juju had to run a wheel. Mahomes spotted the hold and threw the ball and pointed out the holding immediately. He is MVP for a reason.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

KUTradition wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:38 pm
Feral wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:36 pm
KUTradition wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:29 pm i think Bradshaw needs to fade off into the sunset
No kidding. His "interview" of Reid was bad.
the cheap shots at Reid’s size admittedly bothered me
i know he’s old, but c’mon…

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/amp/nfl ... jpbwpigifs
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:56 pm Speaking as generously as possible, I’m just a casual Rihanna fan.

The only two songs I recognized from the show are still the only two songs i could identify if I had to.

With that said, I thought the choreography was pretty awesome. The overall production was cool too, with the floating platforms and stuff.

But, the song selection overall seemed like they all kinda sounded the same. And Rihanna’s stage presence was good, and had a few good dance moves too.

But her vocals/singing voice didn’t seem virtuoso or anything, I guess?

And only one real big time hit performed/in her catalogue (umbrella). Are there others?

I was torn about bitch better have my money. Part of me thought it was edgy and badass, part of me thought it was hilarious, and part of me thought it, uh, maybe wasn’t the best song for such a short yet high-profile show.

And it’s cool they gave the whole show to her but I was also kinda waiting the whole show for some being special guest reveal that never happened
i was seriously waiting Jay Z

he was actually in attendance, too
Deleted User 863

Some people are going nuts talking about how awesome her HT performance was. Kind of surprised by that.

I didn't think it was bad by any means. I'd give it a 7.2/10
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah a solid 7.5/10.

No guests. She put out banger after banger. While pregnant. On floating stages.

And her first song was "Bitch better have my money" Just great.

There wasn't much "show" which is why I dropped it a point or two. But for pure substance, just a damn solid performance.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG